w/u breast 132y
2 x 99 y RI :15
4 x 198 y RI :25
c/d breast 99, free easy 33

Run
  • 1h 00m 54s
  • 7.40 miles
  • 08m 13s /Mi

This was technically 2 runs. But, it was only ~ 5 min running from home to the pool. So, counting as just one rather than making it a separate entry.

From home to pool, then pool and looping around Ft D to back home.

Strength
  • 16m

Full body circuit, superset each pair in the sequence, 6 exercises, various number of sets

Sport #1
  • Elliptical Training
  • 10m

w/u prior to strength

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 12m
Stats taken after run and before getting breakfast, %water 59.4. It's back to the outdoor pool for the summer and lap swimming is from 6-10 AM. Since I live on Ft D now, this is like 1/2 mile away rather than a 20 min drive. So, thought I could just run there, swim, and then do the rest of the run planned for today. Saw rain coming in from the southwest and thought I get over to the pool ASAP (and stormin' as I write this). So got over there and there was a lane free thank goodness. The only thing about the outdoor pool is that there really are only 3 lanes cuz they're narrow. So difficult to share. The other thing about the outdoor pool is the lane length is 33 yards or meters. I said meters last year but I think now it's really yards due to the times I was seeing. So that's why it's a bit odd distance. Did a couple of 99s then moved to 4 x 198. Should've done a near 800 instead for the race coming up this weekend. It's okay. Good swim.

Moved to the run and actually was feeling quite good during the entire distance as pace indicates. Guess Sunday's massage did more good than I realized! Hope I feel this good on Sat!

I'm going back to the gym this evening for a weights session. That will be added later.

Tomorrow: Might do track intervals before the tri club meeting. Gym is closed for an event.

Thurs: brick probably on 194. Go for 1 hour bike and 30 min run.

Fri: off, pack for race, travel to hotel.

Sat: race!

• Calories out: 3575 From lifestyle:2323, From activities:1252
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 4

Monday - June 17

Bike
  • 1h 25m 58s
  • 21.78 miles
  • 15.20 Mi/hr

Out and back going north, a usual route

Stats taken after getting something to eat, %water 59.2. I guess a bit too much mocha shake or maybe it was the coconut pie for dessert after dinner last night ;) In any case, it was just too nice to not get out and ride. I also get to rest on Friday before the race, which is becoming a somewhat major logistics issue. More on that in a moment. So, I didn't do anything real fancy or tough, just did something fairly routine by going north to 45 min out and turning around like I've done in the evenings several times now. I thought about doing just an hour but I really felt like a bit more. The massage and bath yesterday really did do me a world of good!

Anyway, the race this Sat takes place in the middle of "NO WHERE" Virginia. So finding anything close at this point and which isn't too expensive is not possible, especially since there's also a golf tourney at the same time. I had made reservations at a Knights Inn this past weekend but failed to read the reviews. Not good. On top of this, my friend Jennifer decided she would race as well. I really will enjoy her company but it means getting two rooms rather than sharing. So, an added complication. Plus, I am okay with getting up way early and driving to the race, but she wasn't so sure. I actually don't blame her. I would very much rather be closer. But, I have gotten up earlier for races and driven just as far, if not a bit farther (e.g. DITR). Since we could probably get there around 6:30-6:45 and transition doesn't close for an hour after that, we should be okay staying a bit closer in a nicer hotel I'm going to try to get tomorrow. Hopefully, we're not too rushed.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for an early morning swim and then perhaps weights and run later.

Wed: just a light evening run before tri club meeting

Thurs: short brick and pack

Fri: off and leave for race site in late afternoon

Sat: RACE!

• Calories out: 3298 From lifestyle:2387, From activities:911
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Sunday - June 16

Run
  • 1h 33m 24s
  • 10.00 miles
  • 09m 20s /Mi

Out and back on C&O from Hancock MP 124-129

Stats taken after lunch and mocha shake :), %water 59.3 (yeah, treating myself all around today).

As planned, 10 mile run along the C&O Canal towpath out of Hancock, MD. Wasn't too sure if weather would hold or not today but it really was looking okay with a few areas of spotty showers. So thought I could get the run in. Haven't been on this part of towpath in quite some time and it was a nice change of pace from the other parts I'm usually on. And pretty much had the towpath to myself. Only one cyclist went by the whole time. I meant to keep this pretty easy and the average pace really does indicate that for the most part. But, I did find myself wanting to speed up every now and then. No real issues except for my left knee... forgot to brace it. Just bothered a little bit.

Then I treated myself to a 15 minute Roman bath and 30 min Swedish full-body massage a Berkeley Springs WV which is only 10 min away from Hancock. Oh man! Did I EVER need this! The bath alone would've been enough but the massage really was quite relaxing and melted any stress from my muscles. I'm definitely going to have to go back again sometime if I have the time after doing the WMRT.

Celebrating Father's Day with my daughter in a while. It should be the highlight of a VERY enjoyable day!

Monday: active recovery at the gym I think

Tuesday: weather dependent, but will try for morning swim and then weights and run

Wed: maybe a short run because of tri club meeting

Thurs: quick brick because I have a race on Sat

Fri: off

Sat: race!

• Calories out: 3431 From lifestyle:2355, From activities:1076
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 1 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - June 15

Bike
  • 7h 08m 23s
  • 103.70 miles
  • 14.52 Mi/hr

Self-supported century+ going east to Union Bridge, then north to Gettysburg, and finally turning south to head home.

Stats taken after ride and before getting dinner/something to drink, %water 59.5 ( Still wonder about my scale working right or not). Well as planned, did a self-supported century+ today. It such a nice day for this ride too! How could I not take advantage of it? And nothing else on the schedule. So, got everything together and headed out in the morning. On this ride, I combined a few others - the ride my friend Ed took me on for my last birthday, another ride Ed took me on going out to Union Bridge, and the ride I like to take to Gettysburg. I made a few modifications here and there. One right away was some sort of construction was going on near Woodsboro, which isn't too far north. After sitting stopped with seemingly a fair amount of traffic being let go the other way, I thought I'd also turn around and see if I could find my way back to where I was to be. It wasn't that far away. So, I turned around and went to find a way to get back on track...and...I did! Next left took me to the road I was to be on next. Back on track. The ride was actually going pretty swimmingly and I was just enjoying the day! Of course, it could've been better if the bottom of my right foot wasn't increasing bothering me. This has started recently (though I have had some issues in the past) on my longer rides. Kinda at a loss on what to do about it. Now something else was that I hadn't eaten anything in 3.5 hours! I meant to take something at 3 but thought I could keep going. This is a bit unusual and perhaps it was just due to the fact that I had a fair amount last evening and a good breakfast. But, it became apparent after this that I was starting to lose steam. So, around 4 hours, I just had to stop and take in some nutrition. Felt better and I was good to go until Gettysburg where I'd refuel at a McDonald's there. Get to Gettysburg and there're are like a MILLION tourists! Well, perhaps not that many ;) Still it was crowded and got to the McDonalds....but....they've remodeled and there's no where to park my bike without it really being exposed. Used to be an outside sitting area where there was a place to put it, but they've enclosed that now. Not good.. I will NOT make it to Emmitsburg without some carb drink or at least water because I had enough nutrition with me. Well, I knew from a past ride that there was a convenience store not too far down the street and picked up supplies. As traffic was pretty intense, thought I could get around it by going a different way but pretty clear after a bit that this wasn't going to work. Turned around and headed back the way I came. Actually turned out much better than I thought and got back on track once again. Just outside Emmitsburg, took in more nutrition as I got that "running on Empty" feeling. Pulled over, got nutrition, and headed towards Thurmont where I would stop for a bit at the Sheetz there. From there, it was pretty easy afterwards to follow most of my planned route home. A bit longer ride than I wanted. But, like I said, nothing else on my plate today and it was very nice out!

Tomorrow: morning 10 miler and then treating myself to a Roman bath and full-body Swedish massage at Berkeley Springs WV. Going out for dinner for Father's Day.

Mon: rest? probably should.

Tuesday: early morning lap swim? Hopefully weather will hold. At least weights and run after that.

Wed: evening brick. Gotta do one before race on Sat...Oh, did I forget to mention that? Check race schedule.

Thurs: bike

Fri: off, travel to hotel in Staunton, VA

Sat: Bath County VA Sprint Tri.

• Calories out: 6582 From lifestyle:2128, From activities:4454
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

Friday - June 14

Swim
  • 32m 37s
  • 1312.34 yards
  • -----

w/u 100m breast
2 x 400m free, RI :30
1 x 400m free easy/hard
c/d 75m breast 25m easy free

Run
  • 1h 02m 56s
  • 7.39 miles
  • 08m 30s /Mi

Longer route around Ft D.

Strength
  • 11m

2nd superset circuit, 3 sets each, 6-10 reps depending on exercise

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 17m 03s
Stats taken after workout and before getting dinner, %water 59.9. As planned, swim, weights, and run today. I thought about doing 4 x 400 m for the main set but just kept it to the same distance. I'll have enough time to work up to a bit more during the next month. But, will have to do an 800 next Tues to prepare for a sprint tri next weekend I'm probably going to enter. Oh, last day for the indoor pool to be open until Sept :(. After weights, got out for another run. I think I was a bit tired from yesterday though the avg pace says I moved along at the same speed. Despite being less humid than yesterday, it was still kinda warm when I was running with the wind. The right back area was feeling a bit better today and hopefully stretching is helping. And finished up the workout with some stretching.

Tomorrow: Planning on first self-supported century of the season.

Sun: 10 mile run on C&O and then I'm going to treat myself to a Roman bath and 30-min massage for Father's Day

Monday: rest day

• Calories out: 3451 From lifestyle:2316, From activities:1135
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3

Thursday - June 13

Run
  • 54m 31s
  • 6.36 miles
  • 08m 34s /Mi

Same route around Ft D as Tues

Stats taken after run and before lunch, %water 60.3. OWS practice was cancelled due to weather forecast. As I was able to stay home today and work due to weather and how it might impact my commute, plus the fact there was a break in the weather action, decided to go for an early afternoon run. Quite warm out with temps in low 80s but there was a fair amount of wind and also the morning thunderstorms left the air a tad drier. So, it wasn't oppressive but it was quite a bit more humid in this type of heat than I've run in for a while. And I was going to be boring with the route too and just do what I did on Tues evening. Worked for me last time :) Decent run overall and sweat was definitely dripping! Depending on the weather and how I feel, I may go to the gym and do weights this evening. Will see. More later...

• Calories out: 3056 From lifestyle:2395, From activities:661
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4

Wednesday - June 12

Bike
  • 1h 25m 37s
  • 22.58 miles
  • 15.82 Mi/hr

Normal route north from home and back.

Stats taken after ride and before getting something to eat/drink, %water 60 ( though I think I need to reset my scale as that's what it was yesterday). As planned evening ride. Very warm with temps in the upper 80s and a good deal of sun to start. Nothing special about the ride, just decided to take a usual route with a bit of a difference at the end. Legs were bothering me to start but somewhere along the way, they woke up and I was feeling fairly strong! Clouded up with a lot of mostly high clouds though they lowered a bit and a bit of sparse rain fell as I was finishing the ride. No real storms in the area, just some light rain areas coming in from the north. Good ride overall!

Thurs - gym day if severe weather doesn't interrupt everything. The light rain tonight was extending along a boundary that linked up to some very bad and severe weather system that was all the way out in IL/WI! OWS practice at Ft Ritchie already cancelled.

Fri - swim, weights, and run

Sat - Maybe a self-supported century?

Sun - early morning run and then perhaps something for myself later?

Mon - off or active recovery

• Calories out: 3258 From lifestyle:2361, From activities:897
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 5.5 Overall Workout: 4

sbrdave's Training Log

June 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Beach2Battleship Half Iron Distance Triathlon (Triathlon)
    10/25/2014 Wilmington, North Carolina

Totals

• August's totals
  • July's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals