It's all about the journey

Saturday - August 3

Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 35m

Gym recumbent machine

Man...all day just TIRED. First the weather forecast sucked and I saw this was not going to turn out like I had hoped last evening. Rain came in a LOT sooner than originally forecast. And since I had errands to get done and couldn't get out and ride, I just decided to take a mostly down day since I'm so fatigued. I had thought about an hour of light spinning at the gym, but gym closed earlier than I thought and I could only get the time posted. Actually, I probably could've gotten like 45 min, but I was in such a funk that I just let it go at 35.

My foot's a bit better today and I'm REALLY hoping I can run without issue next Saturday. I'm getting psyched to race after seeing the pre-race video yesterday! It looks like this is just going to be an AWESOME event to be a part of!

Tomorrow I'm up at O Dark something as I'm volunteering once again at the Ft Ritchie Triathlon/Duathlon. Handing out chips and then will be a run marshal. Then I hope to go to the WMRT and give my tri bike a workout before going in case there's any issues.

Monday: Might do weights and evening ride, but will probably save weights til Tues

Tues: swim and then maybe weights if not on Tues and ride. Pack for trip

Wed: Leave for Milwaukee

Thurs: Arrive at Milwaukee, short ride if possible

Fri: Packet pickup, practice swim, race meeting, rack bike

Sat: RACE!!

• Calories out: 2606 From lifestyle:2354, From activities:253
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 3

Friday - August 2

Swim
  • 36m 11s
  • 1716.00 yards
  • -----

w/u 66 breast
2 x 792 free RI 1:00
c/d 66 breast

Bike
  • 1h 22m 17s
  • 22.21 miles
  • 16.20 Mi/hr

From home out Fish Hatchery and back on Hessong Bridge

Strength
  • 32m

Full body group of exercises, 2 sets each, try for 15-20 reps, RI :30-1:00 if needed, mini-circuits and supersets.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 23m

Walking to and from gym

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 59.6. First up, morning swim and decided to do two 792s with a short break in between. I'll tell ya, I hope to be this fast at Nationals! I got one of these down to 15 minutes and that's without a wetsuit. I can use all the speed I can get! Then after work, strength at the gym. Avoided lunges this time though I do think they are good to do and did leg presses instead. After the gym, got out for a bike ride. Nice evening for it too. Just did a usual route and pressed a little bit as my average pace indicates.

My foot is still a bit sore I think from weights on Wed but it was better today. I got a pad attached to my shoe insole but I thought later that I don't think it's correct and will go back next Tues to see if podiatrist agrees.

Tomorrow: pick up the tri bike from MEC and head out to the WMRT for a cruise

Sun: volunteering again at the Ft Ritchie Tri/Du and then thinking about swim, water running, weights, and maybe a bike.

Mon: light day, spinning

Tues: swim, weights, and bike. Pack for trip.

Wed: leave for Milwaukee

Thurs: arrive at race site and see about light bike

Fri: packet pickup and off

Sat: RACE!

• Calories out: 3928 From lifestyle:2300, From activities:1627
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - August 1

Sport #1
  • Stairmaster
  • 31m

2-min intervals at levels 11 and 12 while wearing a 20 lb weight vest.

Sport #2
  • Stretching
  • 10m
Sport #3
  • Walking
  • 30m

On treadmill with 20lb weight vest and varying incline percentage

Stats taken after workout, %water 60. While the weather was okay this evening, I liked doing the Stairmaster with 20lb weight vest and wanted to do that again this evening. But, it was taken for the first 30 min and so I got on the treadmill and walked a 2 hill program of various inclines with a max of 10.6%. Then the Stairmaster got free and decided to do 2-min intervals for 30 min. These are fairly tough even without the weight vest. Sweat was just dripping, let me tell ya. Satisfying workout.

My left foot is a bit sore this evening from yesterday's lunges I think. I'm going to the podiatrist insole store/shop and get this dancer toe pad glued on my insole for my running shoe. Won't be doing any more lunges for a while either. Hopefully the toe pad cushions the area enough during the 10K at Nationals.

Tomorrow: swim, weights, bike ride

Sat: Tri bike ride on WMRT

Sun: swim, deep water running, weights, ride

Mon: light aerobic machine day

Tues: swim, weights, ride....pack for Nationals

Wed: Complete packing and leave

Thu: arrive at Milwaukee, short bike ride if have time

Fri: off - packet pickup, drive course

Sat: RACE!!

• Calories out: 2812 From lifestyle:2373, From activities:439
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - July 31

Bike
  • 1h 10m 16s
  • 19.29 miles
  • 16.47 Mi/hr

Shorter loop from home going up to Mountaindale and looping back

Strength
  • 33m

Full body routine, mini-ciruits/supersets, 2 sets each, 15-20 reps, RI :30 if needed

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 59.9. As it's supposed to rain tomorrow and not be quite as nice, decided I should do weights this evening and then go out for a short ride. Trying to do more strength and work on other areas according to Matt Fitzgerald's book. But, think I have to be a bit careful with lunges as it's bothering my left foot a bit. So, might switch to something else. But, they may also be helping with power on the bike as I'm just feeling it the last couple of days :)

So tomorrow, weight vest and Stairmaster plus stretching, which I probably need.

Thursday: bike or aerobic machine

Friday: swim, weights, bike

Sat: ride on WMRT to test out tri bike

Sun: swim, weights, and maybe Stairmaster again?

Mon: light something, pack to go

Tues: swim, weights, and bike. Finish packing

Wed: Leave for race site

Thurs: arrive at race site, light bike if have time

Fri: off

Sat: RACE!

• Calories out: 3437 From lifestyle:2347, From activities:1090
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4

Tuesday - July 30

Swim
  • 28m 17s
  • 1326.00 yards
  • -----

w/u 66 breast
3 x 398 free RI :30
c/d 66 breast

Bike
  • 1h 56m 21s
  • 32.24 miles
  • 16.63 Mi/hr

From Utica Park out to Motter Station and back

Sport
  • Aqua Jogging
  • 15m
Stats taken after ride, %water 59.8. So, last evening's gluttony affected my sleep but at least didn't pack on too many lbs. Honestly...I'm just going to have to really not let my eyes get bigger than my stomach as I just can't eat like that anymore. So, first up today a morning swim at the outdoor pool. Wow - no one in the lanes when I started...cool! I didn't get there early enough to do entirely what I wanted as I really should've done another 398. But, I wanted some deep water running time as well and so cut the swim short to get a bit of the water running in before I went back to work.

And it was just a sparklin' day out today with temps in the 80s and low humidity! Now as I had an errand, I decided to forego weights and will do those tomorrow evening along with another session on the Stairmaster. Got out for a nice 32 mile bike instead starting from Utica Park as I was out and about in town rather than from home. Absolutely outstanding evening for it! Little wind but it was a head going out and kinda of a tail coming back. I was able to push here and there too and avg speed reflects that.

Can't believe July is over tomorrow :(.

My left foot continues to get better and I'm going to go to Nationals unless something drastic happens by Thursday. That was the day I was going to decide to go or not so that someone on the wait list could go in my place. But, things continue to improve.

Tomorrow: weights and Stairmaster session with the weight vest again

Thurs: evening ride

Fri: swim, weights, and rid

Sat: probably a ride on the WMRT after getting my tri bike back from the shop.

Sun: volunteering at the Ft Ritchie Tri. Might swim, weights, and ride or just ride.

Mon: off

Tues: swim, weights, ride, and pack for the trip

Wed: Finishing packing and leave

Thur: Arrive in Milwaukee, short bike if able

Fri: Rest before race

Sat: RACE!!!!

• Calories out: 4160 From lifestyle:2325, From activities:1835
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6 Overall Workout: 4

Monday - July 29

Day off. Went out to eat and ate FAR too much! I REALLY am going to have to stop doing this to myself. I really can't eat as much as I used to without feeling really uncomfortable.

Tues: swim, weights, bike.

Plan rest of week tomorrow

Sunday - July 28

Bike
  • 1h 27m 10s
  • 22.36 miles
  • 15.39 Mi/hr

Out to Fish Hatchery and back on Hessong Bridge.

Strength
  • 32m

Full body routine, mini-circuits, 10-20 reps depending, 2 sets each if possible

Sport #1
  • Stairmaster
  • 1h 01m

Aeorobic level 11, second half for 31 min with 20 lb weight vest

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 22m

To and from gym

Not putting in BF today as I think my scale is not correct. So today just being a gym rat. Added some routines after reading Matt Fitzgerald's "Racing Weight" book. So strength is a bit longer. I will probably keep it like that as long as I have the time. Then decided on an hour with the Stairmaster machine because this would help in quads, maybe hamstrings, my feet flexors, and glutes. Decided for the second half to use a 20 lb weight vest and gosh!....Hard to imagine I was this heavy once let alone being even 20 lbs more! And sweat was dripping, let me tell ya! I think I may continue to do this at least once a week as I'm sure it helps.

Hah! Skies cleared and I just couldn't resist getting out for a short bike ride early this evening. Legs are telling me I probably shouldn't be doing this but I didn't care. It was just good to get out and ride!

Tomorrow will be a day off and I think I'm going to need it. Yesterday's pushing on the bike has left me a bit sore and I'm sure it will be a bit worse tomorrow.

Plan out rest of week tomorrow.

• Calories out: 3992 From lifestyle:2246, From activities:1746
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 9 Overall Workout: 4

sbrdave's Training Log

August 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races

• Pine Barrens Olympic Duathlon (Duathlon)
    9/20/2014 Shamong, New Jersey
  • Beach2Battleship Half Iron Distance Triathlon (Triathlon)
    10/25/2014 Wilmington, North Carolina

Totals

• September's totals
  • August's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals