To and from gym

Run #2
  • 1h 00m 49s
  • 7.38 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Loopin' round Ft D

Strength
  • 15m

Full body, mini-circuits/supersets, try for 15-20 reps, 2 sets, RI :30-1 min as needed

Stats taken after run and before dinner, %water 60.5. As planned, weights and run today at Ft D. I'm saving the swim for tomorrow after work since I'll have enough time before my tri club meeting.

What a nice day out!! Wow! A bit cool for my tastes with temps in the mid-60s with a light breeze. But, clear sunny skies made the run quite enjoyable! Still prefer the heat though. Huh...decent pace and I knew I was moving along but didn't realize I was moving quite this well. I wasn't particularly trying either. I checked the mileage a couple of times and it was correct. Wonder what I can do with less weight, more strength/power, and proper training?

Already said about tomorrow.

Thurs - ride after work

Fri - swim, weights, run

Sat - longish slooowww run...thinking 16

Sun - unknown at the moment. Was going to do a century ride with a friend but he's bowed out due to injury. Probably should do a brick instead to continue to prepare for Half Full.

Mon - off.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Overall Workout: 4
Rest day today. Will try to do some stretching though and perhaps the yoga DVD I like.

Nah...too much to do this evening. Will probably do at least weights and run tomorrow as I do have something I may need to do after work first. Maybe short swim on Wed before tri club meeting then.
Bike
  • 1h 33m 32s
  • 23.95 miles
  • 15.36 Mi/hr

Out on Putnam, back on Hessong Bridge

Sport
  • Misc.
  • 2h 15m

swim clinic

USAT AG Nationals Race Report is done!

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 59.9. For this weight and how I've been trending, think I'm dehydrated somewhat. So first up today is another swim clinic with Doug Saar and Fred H. This time I decided to do the later one and it was good I did for a couple of reasons: first, it was COLD this morning! 39 degrees very early, but still! second, there were a good number of folks at the first one but only another gal with me at this one. Her husband was to be there, but he was sick and another gal who didn't show. Sweet! So like a semi-private lesson and a lot of time to work on things! I think I learned a few more things and hope I can use them to get better at the swim after tri season is done.

Then after I got home, just couldn't let the rest of the day go without getting out and so I biked a familiar route north of home. Really a very nice day though still a bit chilly for my tastes. Wish I could live in the tropics during the winter and just telecommute every day! Well Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries are up there, so who knows? ;) It was a nice ride.

Monday: off

Tues: swim, weights, run

Wed: maybe a quick run or gym machine as I have my tri club meeting in the evening.

Thur: weights and run?

Fri: swim and bike?

Sat: run

Sun: maybe a century ride with my friend Mike on the Eastern Shore?

Mon: off

• Calories out: 4020 From lifestyle:2227, From activities:1793
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 45m 12s
  • 30.09 miles
  • 17.16 Mi/hr

Most of the Half Full Tri bike course in Columiba MD

Run
  • 49m 13s
  • 5.51 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

Most of the Half Full Tri run course

Stats taken some time after completing the workout, before dinner, and after enjoying a nice beer fairly soon after the workout, %water 60.5. As planned, did most of the Half Full 40 mile Tri course from Centennial Lake, Columbia MD. Without Jenn today, this went quicker though I did have to start from a different area around the lake due to a large event going on where I would normally have parked. So shy of the 32 miles of the entire course. Took a short break and then started on the run. Took a little bit but really did get into the run. While I took run course directions, I didn't see that the road I was queuing off of to make a turn began earlier on the road I was on and then ended later just before I was supposed to turn. But, I turned early thinking I missed the turn when in fact I hadn't arrived. Oh well, I didn't miss much. Except for like 3 hills, this is going to be a good run course, especially since after the last hill, nearly all is downhill. So looking forward to this race in 3 weeks.

Enjoyed a nice beer again afterwards at Milkhouse Brewery which was along the way home.

Sunday: at Doug Saar's again for another swim clinic

Monday: off

Will plan rest of week later.

• Calories out: 4181 From lifestyle:2289, From activities:1892
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4
Swim
  • 29m 08s
  • 1367.02 yards
  • -----

w/u 100 breast
10 x 100 RI :15, 5 w/fins and 5 w/o
c/d 100 breast, 50 free

HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!

Nothing special today, just a swim before the tri club meeting where I drank and ate just a bit too much, especially having dessert. Well, hopefully brick tomorrow will help with that. Decided to do half of the workout with fins and I may continue to do so as this may help with my ankles and kicking in general. Have to ask Doug about it on Sunday.

Sat: Brick and will be doing the bike/run portions of the Half Full Tri course. Might go to the farm brewery afterwards rather than on Sunday like I was partially thinking as it would be better to replenish after the brick rather than the swim.

Sun: Swim clinic at Doug Saar's. Might do something else but will probably just wind down afterwards.

Tues: swim, weights, run

Wed: evening ride

Thur: possible weights and run

Fri: swim and bike?

Run
  • 57m 49s
  • 6.76 miles
  • 08m 33s /Mi

At Ft D

Strength
  • 16m

Full body, major muscles, 2 sets, 15-20 reps, RI :30-1 if needed

Registered for Ironman 70.3 Syracuse 2014!

Stats taken after run and before dinner, %water 60.8. I took my chances today to get the run in after work as storms were quite prevalent during the afternoon and into the early evening. But, nearly all of them had passed by the time I got to the gym and looking at the radar I saw I had a good break in the activity where I could get my run in. Weights first and took some of these a bit lighter to get back into them. Then onto the run. Although it was cooler than earlier, still a bit humid and sweat was dripping on me near the end. I probably should've run quite so fast because my right inner thigh is still sore from Sunday's effort. But, it wasn't really causing me any issue. I forgot to tape my toe and it's a bit sore this evening but felt decent during the run. Well I'll be giving everything a break tomorrow and Sunday.

Friday: swim and then club social

Sat: Brick on the Half Full course, possibly double run at low effort for some fat-burning time.

Sun: 2 hour session at Doug Saar's. Probably won't do anything else.

• Calories out: 3144 From lifestyle:2352, From activities:792
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 4
Bike
  • 1h 25m 20s
  • 22.24 miles
  • 15.64 Mi/hr

Normal route out on Bethel and back on Hessong Bridge

9/11/2001 - NEVER FORGET!

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 61.1. Think these are trend readings and will probably be different tomorrow. Nothing special tonight, just needed to get out and ride! Hot and a bit muggy this evening with a small thunderstorm to the south threatening to rain on me! But, decided to chance it and as things turned out, it dissipated and I was able to enjoy my ride unimpeded.

Now interesting how things sometimes drop in one's lap. I just noticed on a Facebook group I belong to that there was a free entry in Freedom's Run for joining the local chapter of Team RWB (Red, White, & Blue). Team RWB’s mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity. Mostly I'll be showing the colors and posting a fundraising page to help raise awareness. It's cool with with my sponsor as he's a former Marine himself. So adding this to my list of races. It'll be good training for the 50K at the end of Oct.

Tomorrow: deciding as I write. I may take my running gear into work so I can run before any thunderstorms hit. But I may chance it until later. Will do some light weights at the gym.

Friday: swim in the afternoon, club social in the evening

Sat: Brick - Half Full Tri Olympic course

Sun: swim clinic at Doug Saar's again

• Calories out: 3226 From lifestyle:2340, From activities:886
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 3

sbrdave's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • Boston Marathon (Run)
    4/20/2015 Boston, Massachusetts