Run
  • 51m 45s
  • 6.76 miles
  • 07m 39s /Mi

Ft D loop

Strength
  • 19m

Full body, mini circuits, 2 sets each try for 15-20 reps RI :30s - 1m if needed

Stats taken after workout and before dinner, %water 59.9 (might be a trend but may also be trend data here). As planned, swim, weights, and run today. Decided on some 100s today for the swim. They went okay and most were under 2, but working much too hard I think. Trying to see if I can modify my stroke and/or kick at times. Not entirely sure what/how to fix things except perhaps doing more drills and stretching during the "off" season.

After weights, moved onto the run. Nice evening for it and warmer that yesterday. For some reason, I decided to push here and I guess run more at a Tempo type of pace. Pushed into a more uncomfortable level and almost decided to tone it down for the last mile, but kept going. Nice pace for the distance.

Tomorrow I'm going to do an LSD run of 14-16 miles on the C&O. I mean this will be S-L-O-W! I need such a run just for time on my feet and not nearly as fast today. Plus, I'm probably going to do a brick on Sunday.

Monday: rest

• Calories out: 3424 From lifestyle:2310, From activities:1113
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - September 19

Bike
  • 1h 23m 09s
  • 22.25 miles
  • 16.06 Mi/hr

Out to Fish Hatchery and back on Hessong Bridge

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 59.9. A bit dehydrated for the weight. Nothing special, planned for the ride. I was going to go longer but I got out a tad late and it's getting dark MUCH sooner! Have to prepare for this.

Fri: swim, weights, run

Sat or Sun: Brick at Columbia again OR long run, 14-16 miles

Mon: off

• Calories out: 3362 From lifestyle:2331, From activities:1032
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - September 18

Swim
  • 25m
  • 546.81 yards
  • -----

Mostly just a kicking session.

Race Report for Rev3 Cedar Point HIM distance is done!

I had my tri club meeting this evening and had already planned to swim this evening. Did mostly kicking with and w/o fins plus a lap of swimming. Gosh I sure don't go very far this way. Hence why I'm starting to do these with fins to loosen the ankles and strengthen other areas. Still have to stretch more too.

Tomorrow: evening ride

Fri: swim, weights, run

Sat: long run 14-16

Sun: thinking of brick again at Columbia and then visiting my friend Mike who isn't too far away.

Tuesday - September 17

Run #1
  • 14m 21s
  • 1.46 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

To and from gym

Run #2
  • 1h 00m 49s
  • 7.38 miles
  • 08m 14s /Mi

Loopin' round Ft D

Strength
  • 15m

Full body, mini-circuits/supersets, try for 15-20 reps, 2 sets, RI :30-1 min as needed

Stats taken after run and before dinner, %water 60.5. As planned, weights and run today at Ft D. I'm saving the swim for tomorrow after work since I'll have enough time before my tri club meeting.

What a nice day out!! Wow! A bit cool for my tastes with temps in the mid-60s with a light breeze. But, clear sunny skies made the run quite enjoyable! Still prefer the heat though. Huh...decent pace and I knew I was moving along but didn't realize I was moving quite this well. I wasn't particularly trying either. I checked the mileage a couple of times and it was correct. Wonder what I can do with less weight, more strength/power, and proper training?

Already said about tomorrow.

Thurs - ride after work

Fri - swim, weights, run

Sat - longish slooowww run...thinking 16

Sun - unknown at the moment. Was going to do a century ride with a friend but he's bowed out due to injury. Probably should do a brick instead to continue to prepare for Half Full.

Mon - off.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Overall Workout: 4

Monday - September 16

Rest day today. Will try to do some stretching though and perhaps the yoga DVD I like.

Nah...too much to do this evening. Will probably do at least weights and run tomorrow as I do have something I may need to do after work first. Maybe short swim on Wed before tri club meeting then.

Sunday - September 15

Bike
  • 1h 33m 32s
  • 23.95 miles
  • 15.36 Mi/hr

Out on Putnam, back on Hessong Bridge

Sport
  • Misc.
  • 2h 15m

swim clinic

USAT AG Nationals Race Report is done!

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 59.9. For this weight and how I've been trending, think I'm dehydrated somewhat. So first up today is another swim clinic with Doug Saar and Fred H. This time I decided to do the later one and it was good I did for a couple of reasons: first, it was COLD this morning! 39 degrees very early, but still! second, there were a good number of folks at the first one but only another gal with me at this one. Her husband was to be there, but he was sick and another gal who didn't show. Sweet! So like a semi-private lesson and a lot of time to work on things! I think I learned a few more things and hope I can use them to get better at the swim after tri season is done.

Then after I got home, just couldn't let the rest of the day go without getting out and so I biked a familiar route north of home. Really a very nice day though still a bit chilly for my tastes. Wish I could live in the tropics during the winter and just telecommute every day! Well Powerball and Mega Millions lotteries are up there, so who knows? ;) It was a nice ride.

Monday: off

Tues: swim, weights, run

Wed: maybe a quick run or gym machine as I have my tri club meeting in the evening.

Thur: weights and run?

Fri: swim and bike?

Sat: run

Sun: maybe a century ride with my friend Mike on the Eastern Shore?

• Calories out: 4020 From lifestyle:2227, From activities:1793
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - September 14

Bike
  • 1h 45m 12s
  • 30.09 miles
  • 17.16 Mi/hr

Most of the Half Full Tri bike course in Columiba MD

Run
  • 49m 13s
  • 5.51 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

Most of the Half Full Tri run course

Stats taken some time after completing the workout, before dinner, and after enjoying a nice beer fairly soon after the workout, %water 60.5. As planned, did most of the Half Full 40 mile Tri course from Centennial Lake, Columbia MD. Without Jenn today, this went quicker though I did have to start from a different area around the lake due to a large event going on where I would normally have parked. So shy of the 32 miles of the entire course. Took a short break and then started on the run. Took a little bit but really did get into the run. While I took run course directions, I didn't see that the road I was queuing off of to make a turn began earlier on the road I was on and then ended later just before I was supposed to turn. But, I turned early thinking I missed the turn when in fact I hadn't arrived. Oh well, I didn't miss much. Except for like 3 hills, this is going to be a good run course, especially since after the last hill, nearly all is downhill. So looking forward to this race in 3 weeks.

Enjoyed a nice beer again afterwards at Milkhouse Brewery which was along the way home.

Sunday: at Doug Saar's again for another swim clinic

Monday: off

Will plan rest of week later.

• Calories out: 4181 From lifestyle:2289, From activities:1892
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

sbrdave's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races