Run
  • 59m 05s
  • 6.76 miles
  • 08m 44s /Mi

Ft D loop

Strength
  • 13m

mini circuits, full body, 2 sets each, try for 15-20 reps, RI :30

Essentially a repeat of Friday. Just changed the swim sets a bit. Also took the run quite a bit easier. I didn't tape my left big toe and for some reason it bothered me. Didn't really understand it. It doesn't hurt, just bothers me. Will tape it for next run.

Nice Fall evening to be out too, but I just didn't enjoy it quite like I should've. Hopefully, riding tomorrow evening will be a bit better. Seem to be a bit tired too.

Wed: Evening ride

Thur: Might join folks in Middletown for an evening run

Fri: if I run on Thurs, this will be swim, weights, and ride.

Sat: complicated day and I'm either going to take it off or I'm going to have to run in the early morning

Sun: helping out at a sprint tri in the morning and then I have to do a 20-mile LSD run, probably on the C&O

Mon: if I run on Sat, rest day. If not, easy evening bike.

Monday - September 23

Planned rest day. Back at it tomorrow!

Sunday - September 22

Bike
  • 1h 51m 49s
  • 32.52 miles
  • 17.45 Mi/hr

The Half Full Tri bike course

Run
  • 56m 29s
  • 7.31 miles
  • 07m 43s /Mi

The Half Full Tri run course and more

First day of Fall

Stats taken after getting home, before dinner, and after some..um.."liquid" carbs ;), %water 59.5 ( think %BF and this is a trend reading as pants are definitely looser lately, probably just dehydrated for the weight). As planned, brick workout on the Half Full Tri bike and run courses. Ah, definitely appropriate that this is the first day of Fall 2013 as a cold front passed by yesterday and temps were only in the upper 60s with mostly to partly cloudy skies. Decided to wear light arm warmers for the ride too although might not have needed them. A bit windy but I actually think it was windier last week. A good number of riders out today, though most not really on the course but intersecting ride routes. Now, halfway, met up with another rider going my way and passed him just before the S curves on the course. We actually were going about the same speed and while I thought I was getting ahead of him, he kept up for the remainder of the ride. Finally caught me up a hill and I remarked that I wondered how long it would be be before he caught me. His name was Kevin and from Mid Maryland Tri Club. He did Savageman last weekend too, though he didn't get his brick. He'll be part of a relay team doing the Half Full as well. Well we were pretty close to the end, he was going straight and I was going left. Back to the car. Hmmm, last week my cycle computer gave out not too far from the end and today I recorded 2 more miles. Kinda thought it should be near the same distance as the course.

On the run course now and this time I did the route correctly vs coming up short last week. The remainder of the route still goes through the neighborhood but then through Font Hill Park. Nice park on a path to wind through, but then...come out and greeted by a hill - whoa! So, there are 4 fairly tough hills here with the last one being the toughest as it's long and gradual. But, I feeling quite well on the run today and moving along! So, I'm quite pleased with the pace for this distance. The actual course is a bit shorter, so hopefully, I'll either do just as well or better.

Tomorrow is rest day and I do need it. Plan rest of week on Tues.

• Calories out: 4465 From lifestyle:2284, From activities:2182
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 4

Saturday - September 21

Run
  • 2h 40m 21s
  • 16.00 miles
  • 10m 01s /Mi

Out and back on C&O, MP 55-63

Stats taken after run and chocolate milk/fluids, %water 60. As planned, an LSD run today. I wasn't sure about whether I was going to do 14 or 16 but decided I would decide at MP 62. Starting from Brunswick and going out to just beyond Harper's Ferry. Nice day for this as it was overcast with some wind (and a good deal of wind sometimes!), though I would've preferred it in the 80s. Still, kept me cool and I knew I wouldn't need more than 1 water bottle. Haven't been on the canal in a while and looking like Fall is definitely in the air with leaves falling here and there. Leaves haven't really started to change per se though. I was doing okay while taking things easy and at 62, decided to go for MP 63. I'll tell ya, though, I was glad the marathon wasn't this day. I could've done the distance but it wouldn't have been pretty ;) Got some chocolate milk afterwards too! Gotta do 20 next weekend.

Sunday I'm going to do a brick, just not sure whether I'll do the Half Full tri course again or not. Still, might stop at Milkhouse Brewery again for some...um..."recovery" drink :)

Mon: off

• Calories out: 3919 From lifestyle:2270, From activities:1649
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5 Overall Workout: 4

Friday - September 20

Swim
  • 33m 26s
  • 1531.06 yards
  • -----

w/u 100 breast
12 x 100 free RI :15
c/d 100 breast

Run
  • 51m 45s
  • 6.76 miles
  • 07m 39s /Mi

Ft D loop

Strength
  • 19m

Full body, mini circuits, 2 sets each try for 15-20 reps RI :30s - 1m if needed

Stats taken after workout and before dinner, %water 59.9 (might be a trend but may also be trend data here). As planned, swim, weights, and run today. Decided on some 100s today for the swim. They went okay and most were under 2, but working much too hard I think. Trying to see if I can modify my stroke and/or kick at times. Not entirely sure what/how to fix things except perhaps doing more drills and stretching during the "off" season.

After weights, moved onto the run. Nice evening for it and warmer that yesterday. For some reason, I decided to push here and I guess run more at a Tempo type of pace. Pushed into a more uncomfortable level and almost decided to tone it down for the last mile, but kept going. Nice pace for the distance.

Tomorrow I'm going to do an LSD run of 14-16 miles on the C&O. I mean this will be S-L-O-W! I need such a run just for time on my feet and not nearly as fast today. Plus, I'm probably going to do a brick on Sunday.

Monday: rest

• Calories out: 3424 From lifestyle:2310, From activities:1113
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7 Overall Workout: 4

Thursday - September 19

Bike
  • 1h 23m 09s
  • 22.25 miles
  • 16.06 Mi/hr

Out to Fish Hatchery and back on Hessong Bridge

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 59.9. A bit dehydrated for the weight. Nothing special, planned for the ride. I was going to go longer but I got out a tad late and it's getting dark MUCH sooner! Have to prepare for this.

Fri: swim, weights, run

Sat or Sun: Brick at Columbia again OR long run, 14-16 miles

• Calories out: 3362 From lifestyle:2331, From activities:1032
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3

Wednesday - September 18

Swim
  • 25m
  • 546.81 yards
  • -----

Mostly just a kicking session.

Race Report for Rev3 Cedar Point HIM distance is done!

I had my tri club meeting this evening and had already planned to swim this evening. Did mostly kicking with and w/o fins plus a lap of swimming. Gosh I sure don't go very far this way. Hence why I'm starting to do these with fins to loosen the ankles and strengthen other areas. Still have to stretch more too.

Tomorrow: evening ride

Fri: swim, weights, run

Sat: long run 14-16

Sun: thinking of brick again at Columbia and then visiting my friend Mike who isn't too far away.

sbrdave's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Volume

Time
Distance