Recovering from yesterday's race. Not really feeling too bad considering, but I know that my inner quads will be more sore tomorrow than today. Still, sometimes I'm hobbling after races. Hopefully won't be too bad. Perhaps treat myself to dinner.

Tomorrow I'm just going to spin easy at the gym as I'll still be recovering. Not sure about the rest of the week as it will be hot for a couple of days. May go for a ride on Wed evening. Should just be a light week before I get back into things as I have the Half Full in a little less than 4 weeks.
Swim
  • 39m 37s
  • 2112.00 yards
  • 01m 53s /100 yards

Rev 3 Half swim course

Bike
  • 2h 43m 17s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 20.58 Mi/hr

Rev3 Half bike course

Run
  • 1h 43m 02s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 07m 51s /Mi

Rev3 Half run course

I'll be doing a race report a while later (still haven't gotten done with USAT Nationals :( ). But, let me post here what I posted on Facebook:

Despite windy conditions (15 mph gust to 22 inland/24 to 29 onshore!), the 1/2 mile jog/run from the swim exit to transition, some light rain halfway on the bike, getting hit by sand off the beach, and sand over my gear in transition blowing in off the beach, finished my 6th Half Ironman distance yesterday at Rev3's Cedar Point Half Rev triathlon event, Sandusky OH! And set a Personal Record for the distance finishing in 5 hours, 14 min, and 24 sec...that's 11 min faster than in 2011 at Eagleman 70.3! The icing on the cake was that I came in 4th in Age Group out of 36 and 88th out of 706 finishers overall!! Missed 3rd by 1m 21s...it's okay, I was elated that I PR'd!

I will post some pics too. A LOT more to talk about on this one!

Swim
  • 26m 59s
  • 1038.93 yards
  • -----

w/u 100 breast
5 x 100 free RI :30
350 kicking w/fins

Stats taken after swim and before getting something else to eat, %water 59.6 (so probably a bit of morning dehydration). As planned morning swim. Just decided on a few 100s and then some kicking with new Z2 Zoomer fins. Those are totally different than the others and really don't provide as much oomph pure kick. See if they help with my ankles and also will hopefully remember to use them during the clinic on the 15th.

Leaving for Cedar Point in a little over 3 hours. Will be at race site tomorrow and race is on Sunday. While I'll be attempting a PR for the distance, goal is to finish and also have fun. While this is not going to be a hot race and weather is looking pretty decent overall, there does look to be headwinds coming back on the bike which could slow me down. Let's hope they really don't start kicking up until I'm on the run. Plus I will have some nice aero wheels on for the race if Rev3 folks come through with them and hopefully, those will help me slice through the air a bit better than my present wheels.

Might make an entry tomorrow. But, if not, more after that race, probably on Monday as it looks like we may be driving back not too long after the race. Wish me luck!!

• Calories out: 2600 From lifestyle:2376, From activities:224
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 7.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 45m 17s
  • 10.43 miles
  • 13.82 Mi/hr

The YMCA Women's Sprint bike course

Run
  • 33m 07s
  • 3.57 miles
  • 09m 16s /Mi

Through Middletown and Foxfield.

Stats taken after workout and before dinner, %water 60.3. One of the club members asked if anyone was interested in a light brick this evening and I decided that I would join her plus whoever else came out. The course is the YMCA Women's Sprint Tri which is coming up this month and is only 10 miles. Then she said about doing 6 for the run but that was too much for me this evening and as it turned out, only did the distance indicated. The bike is rolling and not too difficult. Took it easy because had 3 women riding as well and they weren't going quite as fast. I didn't really want to push on the brick anyway since I'm in taper mode. Nice evening for a ride too! Moved to the run and like I said, we took it pretty easy as well as kept the overall distance down. Legs/feet felt pretty good and I felt like I could go a lot faster if I wanted, which is a good sign. Enjoyed the company too.

Tomorrow: Easy swim perhaps only 500 - 700 and then kicking with fins, see my chiropractor, finish packing, get to Kens and go to race site

Sat: at Race site

Sun: RACE

Mon: OFF- Go to Bonefish Grill :) !!!

• Calories out: 3109 From lifestyle:2352, From activities:757
  • Health data: Sleep: 3 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Bike
  • 1h 23m 38s
  • 22.30 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

Out to Fish Hatchery and back on Hessong Bridge

Just a note that I was REALLY trying to get into IM Chattanooga today. I think I was close once, but the page changed to not available when I clicked continue meaning someone else was faster than me. Kept trying and after just under 2 hours, individual registration changed from General Entry to Foundation at twice the cost ($1300, yikes!). Well, I will sign up for IM Louisville then but I think I have time since that usually doesn't sell out very quickly. I think it was July or early August when it finally did this year and the race is in late August. I'll have to keep checking to ensure I can get in. Well more later, but really just doing an easy ride....

Stats taken after ride and before dinner, %water 60.3. A VERY nice evening for a ride! Made up a bit for not getting into IMCH. But, perhaps some of the competition will be redirected there. I have illusions of attempting to qualify for Kona but pretty much a pipe dream. Still, if I could dedicate myself to it, who knows? Gonna to have to really work to get my weight and then my swimming time down in order to be THAT competitive. Well, in the word so Ironman, anything's possible. Enjoyed the ride but I am a bit sore here and there plus the upper part of my left foot kinda twinged in a bit of pain. Went away but I'm concerned as I usually get prior to a big race.

Tomorrow: I thinking of an easy brick with friends in Middletown - 10 mile ride, 3-4 mile jog. Pack for the trip.

Friday: swim but easy, plus try out new Z2 Zoomer fins! Visit my chiropractor, finish packing, get to Ken's, leave and arrive at race site

Sat: at race site...might try a practice swim.

Sun: RACE!

• Calories out: 3390 From lifestyle:2346, From activities:1044
  • Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 6.5 Overall Workout: 3
Swim
  • 31m 42s
  • 1367.02 yards
  • -----

w/u 50m breast
10 x 100m free RI :10
c/d 50m breast
200 kicking w/fins

Run
  • 55m 31s
  • 5.62 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi
Stats taken after run and before dinner, %water 60.3. As planned, swim and run today. In taper mode and I didn't do anything real special. Back at the indoor pool - YEA! Pushed during at least one of the 100s and did easy/hard for the last one. Tried some kicking but my left calf was cramping. So cut those earlier than I would've wanted. Then moved onto the run. As pace indicates, took this REAL easy. And I forgot to tape my toe, so it was bothering me at the end. Can't forget to do that on Sunday and will do so for the last run on Thurs.

Tomorrow, Ironman Chattanooga registration opens. I am very much on the fence about trying to register for it. I want to go but I'm just not sure. Even one of my best friends called me back when I talked about it to say to go to Chattanooga rather than Louisville. I think I'm going to attempt to register when it opens at noon tomorrow, so stay tuned...

Tomorrow: last ride, easy ride probably up to Mountaindale or Fish Hatchery and back.

Thurs: easy 3-4 mile run, though I'm thinking about joining some folks to do the Women's Sprint Tri course in Middletown just for some company. Would cut the run short though. Pack during the evening.

Fri: morning swim, chiropractor, get to Ken's, and leave for the race site

Sat: at the race site, might do a practice swim

Sun: RACE!

• Calories out: 3230 From lifestyle:2334, From activities:896
  • Health data: Sleep: 4 Stress: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Injury: 2 Hours slept: 8 Overall Workout: 3

sbrdave's Training Log

September 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance
  • Boston Marathon (Run)
    4/20/2015 Boston, Massachusetts
  • Black Bear Triathlon - Olympic Course (Triathlon)
    5/31/2015 Lehighton, Pennsylvania
  • November's totals
  • October's totals
  • 2014 totals
  • 2013 totals