• 50m 20s
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

2 x 600
1 x 650
1 x 400
1 x 150 Tempo
1 x 200 Tempo

At the end of my workout, the dude next to me (who was only a few laps in) decides he wants to race! I went all out for 150. IT WAS FUN. And I beat him. We shook hands and bs'd for a few seconds afterwards. I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd just swam over 40 laps already :)

Bike
  • 1h 03m 49s
  • 20.55 miles
  • 19.32 Mi/hr

Week 7, Q1
89.2 RPM!!

That was hard. Watched the second part of the LP video, Wilmington and the out and back. Wow are there A LOT of Rollers!

Ironman Training Prep Phase Starts Today! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - December 27

Run
  • 53m 03s
  • 7.21 miles
  • 07m 22s /Mi

EZ Tempo

Wanted to do an Aerobic Run, but was running out of light real quick. Garmin is dead, AGAIN! so I broke out the Timex Ironman watch.

Legs are feeling unbelievably strong. If I can get the weight down to 165 and I keep my running fitness where it is, I feel I have a shot at a 19:30 5k and a sub 40 10k next year.

Second run in the DS Trainers and I love them. They are light and fast. They feel like a slightly built up racing flat. Low heel and just very quick. Kind of like a stripped down Kayano.

It rained last night and all the snow is gone.  I think I'll do a Trainer Run Brick today.   Second day of sleeping till 10:30 ...:)

With all this sleep, the last two nights I've had the strangest dreams.  Saturday night I dreamt I was late for a race, had forgotten my race chip, and minutes before the race I was begging for a new one.  Last night I had a dream I was riding my P2 with my new HED C2's and I was following a kid riding a tri bike with really thick tires (like Monster Truck tires for a bike) and I kept saying, "He can't be faster than me with those thick tires."  I kept trying to catch him, but I couldn't.  He rode into the woods and I followed him and I went over a big jump and blew out my wheels.  The aero part of my wheels looked deflated and torn and I was devastated that I destroyed my new wheels.  Crazy dream :)

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 11

Saturday - December 26

Bike
  • 1h 35m 08s
  • 30.22 miles
  • 19.06 Mi/hr

Week 6, Q3, and some extended riding.

Got the ride in earlier and watched the movie 'the Hangover'. Funny and amusing, but NOT what everyone made it out to be.

Kids had an unbelievable Christmas.  Anna got her first bike!!  Santa brought Brandon a real-working helicopter.  Very Good Times :)

Most people start Resolutions on January 1st.  I'm starting mine TODAY.  My quest to hit my Dream Goal Weght for LP starts Today.  It was nice knowing you junk food.

Week 6, Q3 tonight while watching the Ranger Game.  May get a short run in beforehand.  Monday starts my 'Official Structured Ironman Prep Phase'.  I'm going to start the Beginner Ironman BT Plan Monday, and then transition it to the Intermediate BT 20 Week plan on March 8th.  That's the Plan.  God-willing, it will happen.  Hopefully in 2011 I will have the potential and funds to hire a Coach. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Hours slept: 11.5

Friday - December 25

Run
  • 50m
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

Aerobic 10k

Garmin turned on and then right off. Battery must be dead. Oh well.

Maiden Voyage for the Asics DS Trainers. Mixed reviews. They did break in after a couple of miles. Thought they'd provide a little more cushioning for a 9.8 oz trainer.

Thursday - December 24

To All My BT FRIENDS ... You Know Who You ALL Are -- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Wednesday - December 23

Bike
  • 1h 00m 07s
  • 20.03 miles
  • 20.00 Mi/hr

Week 6, Q2
92 RPM AVG!!

Felt crummy all day. Felt fatigued and crappy, running around doing errands, watching my daughter, trying to close out some orders before the year end. The plow came by and dropped another four foot wall in front of my driveway. It was a tough day.

I forced myself to get on the trainer and I just felt great and I ended up nailing all 3 Intervals and probably had my best trainer effort to date. After 6 and a half weeks, I finally hit all my intervals with the proper intensity and left just enough for the last interval (which was so painful). What a nice way to end the day.

My kids are hyper as all heck with Christmas coming, and are driving me CRAZY!  I was going to Swim this afternoon but my daughter doesn't have school. 

Drainer tonight.  Week 6, Q2.

Tuesday - December 22

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 7.38 miles
  • 08m 08s /Mi

Treadmill 1% incline
Better than Nothing

Bit the bullet and joined the gym. Just for 3 months. They have a cycling class too!

Wanted to Swim but my shoulderblades are still too sore from shoveling and pull-starting my snowblower!

Dream Chaser's Training Log

December 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races