Chipping Away At It

Thursday - December 31

Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 10.75 miles
  • 08m 22s /Mi

Aerobic - Treadmill
1% Incline
Upped the effort a tiny bit from two days ago. I'm going to by myself another pair of these DS Trainers. LOVE THEM to pieces.

It's snowing again, only this time it's going to be just 1 to 3 inches.  Just enough to go sleigh riding!!

Run at the gym, maybe a Z2 Ride on the Trainer tonight.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 10

Wednesday - December 30

Swim
  • 57m 26s
  • 3050.00 meters
  • 01m 53s /100 meters

Strong Sole Focus on High Elbows.

1 x 600
3 X 200
1 X 500
1 X 650
1 X 300
2 X 100
1 X 200

Bike
  • 1h 00m 06s
  • 19.63 miles
  • 19.60 Mi/hr

Week 7, Q2 - Done.
RPM 92.7

HR Monitor wasn't working, DVD player didn't wanna play Coach Troy LP DVD, Rangers were losing 3-0 after the first period. At least it was a good trainer ride.

Tuesday - December 29

Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 10.60 miles
  • 08m 29s /Mi

Super-Aerobic
1% Incline
RPE 3-4
Longest Treadmill Run to date. I hate/love to say it -- but it was very easy start to finish. I think I'm going to buy myself a treadmill in the future.

WOW.  I just stepped out onto my back deck, and it feels like what I would imagine Antarctica feels like.  It's 23 degrees out, but the high winds are making the real feel temp 6 degrees.  It's unbearable and intolerably cold.  Looks like I'll be running at the gym today.  This youtube video of Antarctica comes to mind!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2SeEzxMuE

Day 5 of my Diet and I'm down around 5 full pounds.  Makes me realize how much shit and junk food I was eating on a daily basis.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 9

Monday - December 28

Swim
  • 50m 20s
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

2 x 600
1 x 650
1 x 400
1 x 150 Tempo
1 x 200 Tempo

At the end of my workout, the dude next to me (who was only a few laps in) decides he wants to race! I went all out for 150. IT WAS FUN. And I beat him. We shook hands and bs'd for a few seconds afterwards. I didn't have the heart to tell him I'd just swam over 40 laps already :)

Bike
  • 1h 03m 49s
  • 20.55 miles
  • 19.32 Mi/hr

Week 7, Q1
89.2 RPM!!

That was hard. Watched the second part of the LP video, Wilmington and the out and back. Wow are there A LOT of Rollers!

Ironman Training Prep Phase Starts Today! 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Sunday - December 27

Run
  • 53m 03s
  • 7.21 miles
  • 07m 22s /Mi

EZ Tempo

Wanted to do an Aerobic Run, but was running out of light real quick. Garmin is dead, AGAIN! so I broke out the Timex Ironman watch.

Legs are feeling unbelievably strong. If I can get the weight down to 165 and I keep my running fitness where it is, I feel I have a shot at a 19:30 5k and a sub 40 10k next year.

Second run in the DS Trainers and I love them. They are light and fast. They feel like a slightly built up racing flat. Low heel and just very quick. Kind of like a stripped down Kayano.

It rained last night and all the snow is gone.  I think I'll do a Trainer Run Brick today.   Second day of sleeping till 10:30 ...:)

With all this sleep, the last two nights I've had the strangest dreams.  Saturday night I dreamt I was late for a race, had forgotten my race chip, and minutes before the race I was begging for a new one.  Last night I had a dream I was riding my P2 with my new HED C2's and I was following a kid riding a tri bike with really thick tires (like Monster Truck tires for a bike) and I kept saying, "He can't be faster than me with those thick tires."  I kept trying to catch him, but I couldn't.  He rode into the woods and I followed him and I went over a big jump and blew out my wheels.  The aero part of my wheels looked deflated and torn and I was devastated that I destroyed my new wheels.  Crazy dream :)

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 11

Saturday - December 26

Bike
  • 1h 35m 08s
  • 30.22 miles
  • 19.06 Mi/hr

Week 6, Q3, and some extended riding.

Got the ride in earlier and watched the movie 'the Hangover'. Funny and amusing, but NOT what everyone made it out to be.

Kids had an unbelievable Christmas.  Anna got her first bike!!  Santa brought Brandon a real-working helicopter.  Very Good Times :)

Most people start Resolutions on January 1st.  I'm starting mine TODAY.  My quest to hit my Dream Goal Weght for LP starts Today.  It was nice knowing you junk food.

Week 6, Q3 tonight while watching the Ranger Game.  May get a short run in beforehand.  Monday starts my 'Official Structured Ironman Prep Phase'.  I'm going to start the Beginner Ironman BT Plan Monday, and then transition it to the Intermediate BT 20 Week plan on March 8th.  That's the Plan.  God-willing, it will happen.  Hopefully in 2011 I will have the potential and funds to hire a Coach. 

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Hours slept: 11.5

Friday - December 25

Run
  • 50m
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

Aerobic 10k

Garmin turned on and then right off. Battery must be dead. Oh well.

Maiden Voyage for the Asics DS Trainers. Mixed reviews. They did break in after a couple of miles. Thought they'd provide a little more cushioning for a 9.8 oz trainer.

Dream Chaser's Training Log

December 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races