Evening Edit: Got busy at work, had to take my mom to a doctors appt, did some Christmas shopping, spent 2 hours (in the dark) taking down and fixing my Christmas lights that got trashed by the storm the other morning -- had to test each freaking bulb, ate dinner, read an entertaining pissing match on the forums, and here I am: 9:00 and needing to go to bed.  2 days with no training :(

Wife didn't come home till 10 PM last night.  ALL DAY taking care of a crazy 50-pound puppy, bathing, feeding and disciplining two kids, it freaking wiped me out.  I am shot today. 

Light something or other today.  Wanna be fresh for my 5k tomorrow morning.  Not happy with my weigth. 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7

They had to give my daughter a puff of her inhaler at pre-school yesterday, and she was wheezing all last night, so I decided to keep her home today.  We had a wicked storm blow through this morning, winds gusting over 50 mph - I'm shocked my Christmas lights are still up.  Well the storm has blown through and now it's a gorgeous sunny day.  Kind of symbolic of life.

Wife has parent teacher conference tonight, so today is looking like a forced rest day.  Such is life. 

Note to self: Getting a solid 8 hours of sleep, staying hydrated during the day, and eating well post-workouts is working wonders. I feel great.  I must remember these three keys when I begin Ironman Training: SLEEP, HYDRATION & RECOVERY NUTRITION :)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8
Bike
  • 1h 12m 30s
  • 11.32 miles
  • 9.37 Mi/hr

Mountain Biking!

After a 15 month Hiatus, I got back in the woods. I'm eating my words "I will never go back in the woods on a mountain bike." I just did and I had a freaking blast!! I also wanted to get in a little practice before I hit the trails with Mike and (hopefully) Charlie on Sunday morning. LET'S ROCK!

I'll err, get on the trainer tonight :)

Run
  • 36m 51s
  • 4.75 miles
  • 07m 46s /Mi

Zone 2. Kept it EZ and Aerobic.

Confession Time:  Despite the fact she's crazy insane and been a staple image on every tabloid cover for years; despite the fact that she represents the very epitome of today's moral decline; And despite the fact that her voice is more synthesizer than actual human voice;  Despite it all ... I am still a fan.  Yup, I'm a Britney Spears fan.  I'm not proud of it by any stretch of the imagination.  My wife finds it awkwardly amusing -- my friends can make fun of me, but this chick has made a Comeback like no other and she looks pretty damn good.  Click on the "HQ" button to watch in Hi Def Quality.  Is this music.. no, not really.  Is it entertaining -- HELL YEAH!   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlS0-V02JWg   3 stands for, cough - cough, a french term ;)

Must get on the drainer today.  Must get on the trainer today. Must get on the drainer today. Must get on the trainer today.Must get on the drainer today. Must get on the trainer today. Must get on the drainer today.  Must get on the trainer today. Must get on the drainer today. Must get on the trainer today. Must get on the drainer today. Must get on the trainer today.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 43m 47s
  • 2200.00 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

1 x 1200
2 x 500

I went to the busy YMCA and it's like a senior citizen home. Not trying to be funny or mean, it's just a lot of seniors. I put my suit on, stroll over to the pool, and there are 4 lanes: 3 for Adult Lap and 1 for Water Exercise. I kid you not, you would of thought all 4 were for Water Exercise. The avg pace was probably a 4:00+ min per 50 min pace, with two people in each lane.

Instead of getting frustrated, I just stretched for a few minutes and then sat on the bench and waited. I thought of how fortunate, how lucky I am to swim at the level I can, and that one day, perhaps, I will be swimming just as slow. I was in no rush anyways, and decided to sit and relax, and wait. And sure enough, a lane opened up.

Run
  • 52m 46s
  • 7.14 miles
  • 07m 23s /Mi

First 2 Loops Aerobic
Last Loop Tempo

Extremely easy for me to breathe 45 degree air and run fast comfortably.

It figures... I get race wheels and they are calling for snow this weekend!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 8

I feel way too lucky, fortunate, guilty, not worthy and worthy -- all wrapped into one.  I have many mixed emotions about my bike.  Part of me is like, it's just a bike.  There are so many more important things in life like family, health, spirituality, the holidays, countless intangibles that are so much more important than decadent worldy luxuries.   But part of me is like, wow, I got one schweeet ride baby!!

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=189074&posts=1&start=1

Bike
  • 40m 02s
  • 13.25 miles
  • 19.86 Mi/hr

Kept it in an EZ gear and just spun. Watched "The Day the Earth Stood Still." It was pretty lame.

Went out to the Christmas tree farm, hung lights, this Christmas stuff is really interferring with my training.  I originally wanted to spend an hour or two Mountain Biking.  Oh yeah, after a 15-month hiatus from Mountain Biking (due to a separated shoulder) I've decided to give Mountain Biking another GO.  I'm gonna start nice and EZ and I have NO INTENTIONS of Racing on it.  None.  Zero.  I just cannot, cannot bring myself to spending more than an hour on the drainer, so I've decided to follow the Jorge Winter Bike Sessions during the week, and go Mountain Biking on the weekend. 

This Saturday I am doing another 5k.  A very flat 5k with only 4 turns!  I'm gonna try for the sub 20 one last time this year, and then I will begin my Bike Focus.  At the Turkey Trot last week, my first mile was a 6:05 ... and I know if not for the wicked hills, I could've held a sub 6:25 pace for 2 more miles.  I'll find out for sure this Saturday.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 40m 02s
  • 12.83 miles
  • 19.23 Mi/hr

Just some extra time in the saddle watching the Ranger game. Intervals during commercials.

I DID IT.  I PULLED THE TRIGGER ON MY FIRST SET OF RACE WHEELS.  My tri team offered members an exclusive 20% off everything and I got myself a pair of Hed Jet 60 C2's.  And a big Thank You to my amazing wife for agreeing to let me buy them :)  I went with them cause you can train on them year round, they are light enough for climbing (and I'll be doing lots next season), they are over a grand cheaper than the Zipps and just as aero.  I was going to go with the 90 for the back wheel, but you can't put a wheelcover on the 90, so the 60 back wheel gives me more versatility, and for 80 bucks I can turn it into a disc.  I'm gonna pick them up Mon or Tues.  I'll post pics!  It's gonna be a long Winter. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4 Hours slept: 11

Dream Chaser's Training Log

December 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • November's totals