This is What We Do

Friday - July 24

Bike
  • 2h 06m 17s
  • 41.38 miles
  • 19.66 Mi/hr

Aerobic Bike
2730 Cal

I think I broke out of my funk. Who knew all the chocolate devil donuts and cupcakes I've been eating was really just carbo-loading for this nice brickk!

Legs really loosened up after an hour and I got in "the zone". Dialed in my new fit position and I was really comfortable in the time trial/ aero position and was just pumping away without too much effort. First 60 mins Avg was 19.15 mph so I really picked it up for the second half. Wanted to keep biking for another hour and go for 60 miles but I ran out of nutrition and I really wanted to run, too.

I'm extremely happy with my Avg HR especially considering it was around 80 degrees. I think this was a breakthough ride for me.

Run
  • 47m 51s
  • 6.29 miles
  • 07m 37s /Mi

BRICK Run
839 Cal

I was trying to keep the HR down closer to 138-ish, but my legs were so warmed up from the ride, I had a little Race-Day-like adrenaline going, and it was pretty hot out.

It's 71 degrees and sunny this morning, with a really cool breeze.  This is July?  I mean it's absolutely georgeous outside, but I cannot believe this weather.  I'm going to just go out for a leisurely Bike at lunch.  I really want to enjoy this weather.  And I will have a spare tube with me!

Again, so looking forward to tracking everyone on Sunday!! 

Thursday - July 23

Swim
  • 27m 51s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 01m 52s /100 meters

Speed. Was supposed to do 2400. My mind and energy level said, "Yes!" But my body said, "Nope. We're not Recovered from RI yet." Back cramps and leg cramps.

Swim: WU: 400 warm-up
MS: 8x25 ez/hard
8x100 on 1:00 rest - go thru the following set twice:
- 1.) 75ez – 25 fast
- 2.) 50ez – 50 fast
- 3.) 25ez – 75 fast
- 4.) 100 fast
100 loosen (easy swim)

Wednesday - July 22

Bike #1
  • 23m 55s
  • 7.00 miles
  • 17.56 Mi/hr

Met my buddy a few miles from my house and not even 5 mins into riding, I got an effing flat. And since I blew threw 4 tubes this weekend, I hadn't a spare on me. My friend lent me his spare, which turned out to be a size 700 X 36 and I was like, "Dude, you got a tube that is way too big!" So I used it just to ride home.

When I was changing the flat I pulled a hunk of glass out off the tire. Looks like the Pro 3 is going on the shelf and I'm breaking out the GatorSkin.

This is all part of my Post A Race Funk I'm in. The key words being "Post" and "Race". Meaning, I'm not happy I'm in a funk right now, but I'm glad it hit now and didn't hit Pre Race!

Run
  • 39m 19s
  • 4.76 miles
  • 08m 16s /Mi

With the Bike bagged, I started running. I planned to Run off the bike anyway. Kept it very EZ, extremely Aerobic.

Eagleman took nothing out of me ; Rhode Island took almost everything out of me! I don't forsee myself having any speed again till the first week in August.

Bike #2
  • 1h 07m 25s
  • 22.12 miles
  • 19.69 Mi/hr

New tube, gatorskin-ultra on the back, some cooler evening air, and I found a little bit of biking legs.

Maybe I'll wake up and Run and Swim tomorrow. Hoping this is me coming out of my smelly funk ;)

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Little Yoga, foam rolling and tennis ball torture on my glutes. My left glute still hurts from hammering down that Monster Hill at Rhode Island!

Still in a funk.  Binged on cans of spray whipped cream and iced cup cakes yesterday :)   Maybe I'll get out bike and run today. 

Tuesday - July 21

Swim
  • 34m 35s
  • 1650.00 meters
  • 02m 06s /100 meters

Endurance Swim/ Aerobic EZ

1 X 1500 (longest single set to date in pool)
1 X 150

HIM training starts today... but I'm really not motivated at all.  I think back-to-back HIM's took a little bit of a toll on me, mentally more than physical.  Physically I feel great actually, just a bit fatigued.  I'm going to start the HIM plan and hopefully I will snap out this funk by the end of the week.  If not, I'm just gonna scrap the plan and take a break for a little while.   

Swim tonight. 

Monday - July 20

Wife has a wake out of state.  Me and kiddies all day.  Rest day... well sort of ;)  New HIM training plan starts tomorrow.  Can't wait to folllow everyone this Sunday!!

Congrats to Mike (mscotthall) on the birth of his baby girl last night!!  Cassidy Hope, welcome to the world!!  :) 

Sunday - July 19

Yard work day.  Dug up and planted all the trees and bushes I promised the wife I would do after my last race.  She's been very patient :)  Felt good not having to do a Long Run or Bike this weekend. 

Saturday - July 18

Bike
    • 1h 04m 39s
    • 20.92 miles
    • 19.42 Mi/hr

EZ Ride

Was supposed to swim today but the YYMCA is on summer hours and closes two hours early on Saturday. I wish they would've told me last week! It's not like I'm not ever there.

Wasn't expecting to Bike today so I just spun a lot and took it easy.

Run
    • 19m 23s
    • 2.40 miles
    • 08m 05s /Mi

EZ/ Aerobic Run

This Economy sucks.  Plain and simple.  In almost 12 years at my job, as a salesman, this is my worst sales year to date wiothout question.  So the bottom line is, and just like I tell my 5-yr-old son whenever we walk past the toy aisle: "We can't always get what we want.  And that is just the way Life is sometimes."  It's a bitter, jagged pill for me to swallow because I'm used to bringing home nice chunky paychecks and doing whatever I'd like.  However, that is not the case right now and Triathlon Races falls pretty far down on the 'real-Life' priority ladder.  The good thing is, Triathlon training itself cost very little and I still have enough cash to do one more 'A Race' this year. 

Swim this afternoon.   

Dream Chaser's Training Log

July 2009 
      SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
          1 2 3 4
      5 6 7 8 9 10 11
      12 13 14 15 16 17 18
      19 20 21 22 23 24 25
      26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
      Distance