Bike
  • 57m 37s
  • 18.85 miles
  • 19.63 Mi/hr

Bike: WU: 15'
MS: 4' hard (at LT), 2' easy (zone 2). Do this 6x.
CD: 10'

This was painful. I pushed to my threshold for a total of 24 mins an avg'd 20.5 mph, most of the time going into brutal headwinds.

I don't know what's up with the weather, but the headwinds are worse than Eagleman's headwinds, and for 75% of my loop it's headwinds with a wimpy tailwind. WTF?!?

I had originally planned to do my Run drills right after, but I was too shot from battling the winds.

Bike
  • 1h 23m 53s
  • 26.82 miles
  • 19.18 Mi/hr

EZ Bike
Headwinds were brutal today, and forced my HR to spike a few times.

I had this crazy dream last night that I signed up for Ironman Lake Placid.  Thank goodness it was just a silly dream.;)

Bike today.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
Swim
  • 56m 28s
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 02m 10s /100 meters

Endurance Swim / Nice & EZ
First Ironman training swim - kidding!

5 X 400
1 X 500
100 kick board

Life is too short and I'm too impatient.  I cannot do not want to wait another 24 months to become and Ironman and do the Iron Distance.  I'll just go crazy.  I'm going to have to make sacrifices in my life and cut out many things I enjoy, but it will be worth it -- I'm sure.  And most importantly, there still we be DisneyWorld, or a family vacation to somewhere similar at the very least, this year.  Family first; then Ironman. 

It was very exciting watching everyone compete.  I had my laptop on all day on the island of my kitchen and all day long you just heard, "... you're an Ironman!"  It was a lot of fun tracking everyone and watching the finishers coming in all night long.  My wife watched a lot of the footage with me and I think it was clear to her, after seeing the finishing line, why I want so badly to do this.  She's excited to be a part of it and support me. 

The journey begins today . . .

Swim later. 

Run
  • 1h 03m 19s
  • 7.86 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

EZ Aerobic Pace
Very humid out.

Feel great this morning.  Rest Day/ Family BBQ Day. 

AGAIN, I JUST WANT TO WISH ALL MY FRIENDS GREAT LUCK AT LP TOMORROW!   

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
    Bike
    • 2h 06m 17s
    • 41.38 miles
    • 19.66 Mi/hr

Aerobic Bike
    2730 Cal

I think I broke out of my funk. Who knew all the chocolate devil donuts and cupcakes I've been eating was really just carbo-loading for this nice brickk!

Legs really loosened up after an hour and I got in "the zone". Dialed in my new fit position and I was really comfortable in the time trial/ aero position and was just pumping away without too much effort. First 60 mins Avg was 19.15 mph so I really picked it up for the second half. Wanted to keep biking for another hour and go for 60 miles but I ran out of nutrition and I really wanted to run, too.

I'm extremely happy with my Avg HR especially considering it was around 80 degrees. I think this was a breakthough ride for me.

Run
    • 47m 51s
    • 6.29 miles
    • 07m 37s /Mi

BRICK Run
    839 Cal

I was trying to keep the HR down closer to 138-ish, but my legs were so warmed up from the ride, I had a little Race-Day-like adrenaline going, and it was pretty hot out.

It's 71 degrees and sunny this morning, with a really cool breeze.  This is July?  I mean it's absolutely georgeous outside, but I cannot believe this weather.  I'm going to just go out for a leisurely Bike at lunch.  I really want to enjoy this weather.  And I will have a spare tube with me!

Again, so looking forward to tracking everyone on Sunday!! 

Swim
    • 27m 51s
    • 1500.00 meters
    • 01m 52s /100 meters

Speed. Was supposed to do 2400. My mind and energy level said, "Yes!" But my body said, "Nope. We're not Recovered from RI yet." Back cramps and leg cramps.

Swim: WU: 400 warm-up
    MS: 8x25 ez/hard
    8x100 on 1:00 rest - go thru the following set twice:
    - 1.) 75ez – 25 fast
    - 2.) 50ez – 50 fast
    - 3.) 25ez – 75 fast
    - 4.) 100 fast
    100 loosen (easy swim)

Dream Chaser's Training Log

July 2009 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
        1 2 3 4