Thursday - July 30

Run
  • 48m 30s
  • 6.27 miles
  • 07m 44s /Mi

10" WU
8 X Strides
10" CD

Hot & Humid this morning!! I was melting out there. HR was a little higher than I would have liked.

Swim
  • 1h 04m 42s
  • 3350.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

BREAKTHROUGH SWIM

Swim: WU: 400
MS: 4x300 w/:30 rest
5 x 50
600 pull
8x75
CD: 300 Warm down

Halfway throught the 8 X 75's I was really starting to think about quitting. But then I thought, "There's no quitting in Ironman. Crying yes... there is, can, and will be crying in Ironman... but no quitting."

My furthest and best swim workout to date. (Admittedly, toward the end I took a few more seconds of rest than the plan called out.)

August is almost here and I set July 31st as a deadline to get a lot of things done.  And I'm getting them done :)  August is going to be a BIG training month for me as far as Volume.  I also want to start focusing on Interval and Speed work now that I've established a solid base over the first half of the year. 

Run this morning was a little more painful than it should've been, and I know that is what due to my eating habits lately.  I need to really clamp down on the diet and start losing weight again by eating natural foods only.

Swim later.

Wednesday - July 29

Bike
    • 57m 37s
    • 18.85 miles
    • 19.63 Mi/hr

Bike: WU: 15'
    MS: 4' hard (at LT), 2' easy (zone 2). Do this 6x.
    CD: 10'

This was painful. I pushed to my threshold for a total of 24 mins an avg'd 20.5 mph, most of the time going into brutal headwinds.

I don't know what's up with the weather, but the headwinds are worse than Eagleman's headwinds, and for 75% of my loop it's headwinds with a wimpy tailwind. WTF?!?

I had originally planned to do my Run drills right after, but I was too shot from battling the winds.

Tuesday - July 28

Bike
    • 1h 23m 53s
    • 26.82 miles
    • 19.18 Mi/hr

EZ Bike
    Headwinds were brutal today, and forced my HR to spike a few times.

I had this crazy dream last night that I signed up for Ironman Lake Placid.  Thank goodness it was just a silly dream.;)

Bike today.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4

Monday - July 27

Swim
    • 56m 28s
    • 2600.00 meters
    • 02m 10s /100 meters

Endurance Swim / Nice & EZ
    First Ironman training swim - kidding!

5 X 400
    1 X 500
    100 kick board

Life is too short and I'm too impatient.  I cannot do not want to wait another 24 months to become and Ironman and do the Iron Distance.  I'll just go crazy.  I'm going to have to make sacrifices in my life and cut out many things I enjoy, but it will be worth it -- I'm sure.  And most importantly, there still we be DisneyWorld, or a family vacation to somewhere similar at the very least, this year.  Family first; then Ironman. 

It was very exciting watching everyone compete.  I had my laptop on all day on the island of my kitchen and all day long you just heard, "... you're an Ironman!"  It was a lot of fun tracking everyone and watching the finishers coming in all night long.  My wife watched a lot of the footage with me and I think it was clear to her, after seeing the finishing line, why I want so badly to do this.  She's excited to be a part of it and support me. 

The journey begins today . . .

Swim later. 

Sunday - July 26

Run
    • 1h 03m 19s
    • 7.86 miles
    • 08m 04s /Mi

EZ Aerobic Pace
    Very humid out.

Saturday - July 25

Feel great this morning.  Rest Day/ Family BBQ Day. 

AGAIN, I JUST WANT TO WISH ALL MY FRIENDS GREAT LUCK AT LP TOMORROW!   

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4

Friday - July 24

Bike
      • 2h 06m 17s
      • 41.38 miles
      • 19.66 Mi/hr

Aerobic Bike
      2730 Cal

I think I broke out of my funk. Who knew all the chocolate devil donuts and cupcakes I've been eating was really just carbo-loading for this nice brickk!

Legs really loosened up after an hour and I got in "the zone". Dialed in my new fit position and I was really comfortable in the time trial/ aero position and was just pumping away without too much effort. First 60 mins Avg was 19.15 mph so I really picked it up for the second half. Wanted to keep biking for another hour and go for 60 miles but I ran out of nutrition and I really wanted to run, too.

I'm extremely happy with my Avg HR especially considering it was around 80 degrees. I think this was a breakthough ride for me.

Run
      • 47m 51s
      • 6.29 miles
      • 07m 37s /Mi

BRICK Run
      839 Cal

I was trying to keep the HR down closer to 138-ish, but my legs were so warmed up from the ride, I had a little Race-Day-like adrenaline going, and it was pretty hot out.

It's 71 degrees and sunny this morning, with a really cool breeze.  This is July?  I mean it's absolutely georgeous outside, but I cannot believe this weather.  I'm going to just go out for a leisurely Bike at lunch.  I really want to enjoy this weather.  And I will have a spare tube with me!

Again, so looking forward to tracking everyone on Sunday!! 

Dream Chaser's Training Log

July 2009 
      SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
          1 2 3 4
      5 6 7 8 9 10 11
      12 13 14 15 16 17 18
      19 20 21 22 23 24 25
      26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
      Distance

Upcoming races