• 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 03s /100 meters

Half Recovery, Half Tempo

WU: 300m, then 6 X 50 on 10" Rest
MS: 6 X 100 on 20" Rest

50m Kickboard
CD: 300m
50m Kickboard

Man I suck with a kickboard - super-slow. One thing I vowed to work on, since last years RI race that I haven't, was my kickboard drills.

Lots of great sports on TV this weekend.  Hyvee Triathlon was awesome yesterday, and I am really enjoying watching the Tour de France.  All good stuff.  Great weather this weekend, too.  80 degrees and crystal blue skies.  What a weekend.

Body is still tired and sore.  Need to focus on eating well this week and resting. 

EZ/ slow Swim this afternoon.

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
Bike
  • 2h 31m 04s
  • 45.80 miles
  • 18.19 Mi/hr

EZ ride with some Sprint Intervals

Rode with Mike, who had his road bike, so for whatever weird reason I kept riding my P2 like a road bike, up on the hoods. Go figure.

Took one 3mph embaressing fall. Recovered well though and the bike is fine.

Now... now it's Taper time.

My body is tired.  10 hours last week and 9 hours this week, with plenty of Aerobic and Tempo work -- and my two week build for Rhode Island is finally done.  This week, this week will be a very easy week.  Lots of slow swimming, some slow biking, and a little of some VERY slow running.  Lots of Rest this week too.  A focus on nutrition and some Yoga.  Once I am 90% plus recovered, around Wednesday or Thursday, I'll do some super short intensity of all three disciplines, then a few more days of Rest... and then it's time to see what I'm made of.  Time to see if I can finally put together the 70.3 half-marathon run I am capable of.  Tick tock... tick tock...  tick.... tock.

Run #1
  • 20m 31s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 06m 37s /Mi

Shoreham-Wading River July 4th 5k Foot Race

Just gotta keep running, and one of these days I'll get my sub 20. I had a good time though; Charlie the Lunchbox had a good day; and my neighbor Eddie went 19:47. He passed me at mile 1 and I really should have stayed with him, but I forget to take my HTFU pills this morning. Darn it ;)

Run #2
  • 37m 26s
  • 4.70 miles
  • 07m 58s /Mi

Aerobic Run

Wanted to get one more quick run in before the guests came.

Well I got a PR by 18 seconds!  And I did it on a tough, hilly course :) 

In November of 2007 I ran this 5k course and ran a 20:49 ; Today I ran a 20:31.  It is a hilly course, so perhaps on a flat 5k I got a shot at sub 20.  I'm going to look around and try and find a flat 5k this summer.

Puppy barking has had me up since 4 AM.  I'm ready to put him and the wife on a plane :)

Happy Fourth of July everyone.  What a tremendous day, the birth of our nation!

Bike
  • 1h 07m 36s
  • 21.10 miles
  • 18.73 Mi/hr

Super EZ Ride
TITS. Recreational pre-4th Ride :)

Also wanted to make sure I save some legs for my 5k tomorrow

Run
  • 11m 23s
  • 1.56 miles
  • 07m 18s /Mi

EZ/Moderate Effort BRICK Run

I feel terrific this morning.  I am psyched about my 5k tomorrow morning and my first legit shot at a sub 20:00 5k.  This has been a goal of mine for a couple of years.  I've come within 40 seconds (16 months ago)...  With last weeks Breakthrough 4-mile Race, I think I have a shot tomorrow.  The only real obstacle will be that it's a hilly course, but I seem to fair well on hilly courses. 

Just like I did last week before my 4-mile Race, I'm going to do an EZ Bike and Short run.  But first I have to go shopping for my 4th of July party, paint some bay windows, and do some landscaping grunt work. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
Swim
  • 49m 37s
  • 2600.00 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

Focus on Race Pace
Focus on using Lats and keeping Elbows High
Focus on Strong Pull

MS: 4 X 200 no warm up on 45" rest
500m at Race Pace. Rest 1'
6 X 200 at Race Pace with 30" rest
CD: 100

After last swim, with fewer seconds rest, todays Rest allotment was more than enough.

Easily my strongest training swim ever. Ever since I truly began mentally focusing on isolating and using my lats, my swimming has turned the corner within a matter of weeks.

Yesterday was my fastest/ Easiest Run to date.  Truly.  Today was also my Stongest/ Longes/ Easiest Swim to date.  I felt strong at the beginning and end of my Run; as well as the Swim.

I definitely got my MoJo back after just one simple Rest Day.  Amazing ;) 

Yesterday was my 8th Wedding Anniversary.  34-yrs-old and I've been married for 8 years... seems rare nowadays.

I'd like to get an Hour ride in on the Bike but I have some painting, decks to clean, 4th of July maintenance stuff to get done before we have family and friends over on the night of the 4th.

• Health data: Fatigue: 4
Run
  • 1h 24m 33s
  • 11.08 miles
  • 07m 38s /Mi

Aerobic Run
7 X Hill Repeats
Only went Anaerobic on Hill Climbs ; last hill climb around 9.5 mile was all-out effort that felt Amazingly Hard but Good :)

God I needed this run.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3

Puppy is sick and kept waking us up last night.  Very tired this morning.  Legs are also pretty sore this morning.  They haven't been this sore since my Build before Eagleman.  It's a nice even sore throughout both legs, each leg being equally sore in equal amount of muscles; the kind of sore I like ... the kind of sore that your legs Recover from and get much stronger in a short period of time :)

Swim this afternoon.  Possible short EZ run.   You know that fatigue you feel the first 10 mins after you get out of bed... yeah, well, that feeling never left me today!  I am listening to my body and calling today a Rest Day.  

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2

Dream Chaser's Training Log

July 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • October's totals