• 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

Recovery Swim
1 X 500 w/ PB
1 X 500
1 X 500 w/ PB
1 X 500
200m Kickboard (not timed)

Girl in the lane next to me was a cancer survivor, aqua-jogging against cancer. God Bless Her.

I'm in that Limbo stage of Recovery.  I am feeling a lot less sore, and my energy is coming back; however, I'm probably only 60% at best so I still need to take it easy.  Need to motivate myself to get on the Drainer or Stare at The Black Line.  Hmmm.... Drainer or The Black Line, which tempestuous torture shall I willingly subject myself to this afternoon. . .?   

Wednesday - October 13

Legs are feeling much better.  I have to go into the office today and the wife has Zumba tonight.  Last Rest Day.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Tuesday - October 12

* I'm not mentally well.  Despite my legs f*cking killing me, I am CRAVING another Marathon.  I can't wait to run Philly.  I absolutely cannot wait.  I'm gonna try and drop another 5 or 10 lbs and go 3:10:00 at Philly.  The course is pretty flat and they have Clif Bar Pace Groups.  Provided my Recovery and Training go well in the next 6 weeks, I'm gonna sign up for the 3:10 Pace Group and let them Pace/Pull me to Victory.  Then in Boston 2012, with a 20-week Prep and the Pfitz 70/18 Plan (70 mile peak, 18 weeks) I'm gonna go for a 2:59:XX.  At LP this summer the Goal will be a 3:40 marathon.  If I shed some more of this blubber, stay injury free, these goals should be attainable.  May the Force be with me. :) 

Still very sore.  Body is retaining a lot of fluid due to the damage I've done and my weight is at 181 lbs!! First time I've seen that number in around 4 years.  But I know it's just temporary and I'll be back in the mid 170's in a week.  Depending on how busy work is, I may get a swim in.

RACE REPORT IS DONE!! http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=230335

• Health data: Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 3

Monday - October 11

I'm still trying to wrap my tiny brain around the fact a 26.2 mile, 3 hour plus race came down to :28 seconds.  My official time was 3:15:32.  Had I done ANYTHING, even the smallest thing different, I would could have easily missed a BQ by a few seconds.  Part of me still doesn't believe it!  It's still sinking in.  But what is real is the pain in my hips, quads and calves!!  I'm doing the sideways shuffle up and down my stairs, holding onto the railing for dear life. :)

Thanks to all my BT Friends for your support!  My other friends and my family members are indeed happy for me, but it's you guys who all really can identify with me, and know how special it feels to set an athletic goal, train non-stop for it and then go out and accomplish it on Race Day.  God it is the best feeling in the world!!  And the goal doesn't have to be qualifying for Boston, or qualifying for Kona; just setting a PR or breaking the top 50% of the field are all tremendous goals.  I have many individual goals I set and have been accomplishing steadily -- but the #1 Goal is always to just Train and Race to MY POTENTIAL.  As long as I finish a race and know I did my best given the circumstances of my training fitness, and leave it all out there, I'm generally satisfied.  Generally.  I always want more. :) 

Swimming and Recovery Cycling the next 4 days. 

• Health data: Soreness: 1 Fatigue: 3

Sunday - October 10

Run
  • 3h 15m 35s
  • 26.45 miles
  • 07m 23s /Mi

I AM Going To BOSTON!!!

I needed 3:15:59 to Qualify for Boston. I needed to feel great race morning. I needed perfect weather. I got it all and finished with a 3:15:35. With 2 miles to go my quads started cramping and spasming and I was scared I was gonna fall short with only 2 miles to go.

Thanks to ALL my BT buddies. You all Rock. I mean that! Thanks :)

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3

Saturday - October 9

Friday - October 8

Run
  • 26m 28s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 08m 29s /Mi

Recovery

Last Marathon Training Run

1,000+ miles Running for the year!! New PB for me :)

Little hand says it's time to Rock & Roll.

• Health data: Soreness: 5 Fatigue: 4

Dream Chaser's Training Log

October 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance