500 WU
400 w/ PB
200 kick board
5 X 200 @ :30 sec (1:45 avg)
5 X 100 @ :20 sec (1:37 avg)
5 X 50 @ :10 sec (:47 avg)
400 w/ PB
350 CD

Super-Awesome Swim. I think the OPW Lake swimming is helping me to develop a longer reach.

Bike
  • 1h 15m 21s
  • 24.97 miles
  • 19.88 Mi/hr

DAMN, what a difference a new chain makes. I felt so much more torque in the really high gears, and really low gears. Riding was so much smoother too. Dammit, there is no doubt that stretched out, crappy chain cost me time on the Rev3 bike course. And I knew something was up cause anytime I had the chain in an extreme angle, I wouldn't have any torque and the the cassette would just spin. I didn't realize how bad it was till just now, riding with a new chain. Oh well, moving forward.

So glad I got a new chain BEFORE Lake Placid. Who new you had to change a chain after just 5,000 miles!

One of my FAVORITE Races is the Lake Ronkonkoma "Run Around the Lake".  It's a 4-mile road race clear around Lake Ronkonkoma, a lake that is very special to me.  I've done this race four times in a row, every year since 2007.   I absolutely love this course, and I always place well.  But this year my focus is to get to the start of my Ironman fresh and injury-free.  For whatever crazy reason, this 4-mile road race beats my legs up more than a 70.3 triathlon.  It leaves my legs very sore for a week or better.  So as much as it breaks my heart not to participate in this race, it's the right decision.  

This has been a tough week.  Last week of school for wife and son, daughter home all week with me, and I'm just not getting enough sleep.  My Mega-Volume weeks are just going to have to wait till next week and the following week.  Pretty psyched about going up to Harriman this Sunday.  The weather forecast for Bear Mountain is 77 degress and sunny!  Hopefully the beautiful forests, lakes and blues skies will make the 5500 feet of climbing we have planned more tolerable. :)

Back on to the Trainer and Swim at the pool.

T-minus 1 Month exactly to Placid.  Good Luck to all my BT Buddies participating in IMCDA this weekend.  :) 

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2
Bike
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 19.00 miles
  • 18.99 Mi/hr

Trainer - low cadence, big ring, low gear. Was drenched from head to toe. Trainer is easily twice as hard as riding outside.

Begrudgingly, it looks as though I will have to get on the trainer sometime today.  It's foggy and wet out and I just don't have any other option.

Slept in this morning, daughter is home from school, son is having minor foot surgery, and we're bringing a rescue dog to my wife's parents tonight.  I really would love to train today but just I don't see where it's going to fit in.  So essentially it's a Rest Day. 

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2
    Run
    • 1h 07m 13s
    • 7.93 miles
    • 08m 29s /Mi

Quality Run with Derrick. Mile-long climb to start, and then the private golf course road that is all hills.

Swim
    • 1h 02m
    • 3200.00 meters
    • 01m 56s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake. Water was perfect.

Daughter's pre-school graduation today, then OPWS with Derrick followed by a hilly 7-mile run. 

Took my bike to the Tri Shop yesterday and the mechanic looked at me and asked how many miles I had on the chain.  When I told him maybe around 6,000 he asked when I had changed the chain last.  Um... never ;):)  Needless to say I need a new chain and cassette now. 

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
    Run
    • 1h 20m 21s
    • 10.38 miles
    • 07m 44s /Mi

Went to Panera for lunch and got a bag of chocolate chip cookies, wild berry smoothie and a fuji apple chicken salad. Within 10 mins the entire bag of cookies was in my belly. Ate the entire salad, drank the smoothie, and felt SICK. Fell asleep for 90 minutes. Woke up and fueled by guilt proceeded to 'run off' the cookies. Was really cool out and so I just kept running. Gotta Love Ironman training. :)

I took a nap from 4 to 6 yesterday.  So nice. :)  I had a great Father's Day!!  I hope all the other dad's did as well.  :)  Last week of school for my kids and my wife.  Daughter's school ends tomorrow and my son has half days from Wed thru Friday so I'm going to have to get my workouts in super-early, or wait till the evening.  This Sunday I am going up to Harriman State Park.  I'm dreading those hills already. 

Bike
    • 4h 31m 49s
    • 84.65 miles
    • 18.69 Mi/hr

Rode the first 3 hours with Mike. Felt sluggish in the beginnging and finished feeling very good. Mother Nature gave us a very nice Father's Day Present: no wind, warm and sunny. Was supposed to ride for 5 hours, but I just didn't feel like it. Instead went home early and opened my Father's Day presents :)

Lacrosse tournament this morning, then took my son to see Kung Fu Panda 2. Essentially a rest day.

Dream Chaser's Training Log

June 2011 
      SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
          1 2 3 4
      5 6 7 8 9 10 11
      12 13 14 15 16 17 18
      19 20 21 22 23 24 25
      26 27 28 29 30  

Time
      Distance
      • November's totals