This is What We Do

Saturday - July 2

Bike
  • 3h 21m 30s
  • 62.80 miles
  • 18.70 Mi/hr

My friend Mike went over the handle-bars and wiped out pretty good. He was turning to say hi to a girl he knew running. We helped him to the side of the road and he introduced me to the girl. A minute later he introduced us again, and then again, and then again. He then asked me ten times if his bike was okay. His short term memory was gone. I took a look at his helmet and the foam was cracked straight through on the side toward the front. I called his wife to take him to the hospital. And I called my wife to come get me cause I was not in the state of mind to keep riding. His shoulder was also pretty banged up. Going to the hospital shortly to check up on him.

Please feel free to send him some get well wishes. Mike trains as hard and consistent as anyone I know, and hopefully his head and shoulder are okay and he can still toe the line in three weeks. http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/index-weekly.asp?...

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 20m

ice bath, foam roller, yoga, stick

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2

Friday - July 1

10 Year Wedding Anniversary today.  Doing some pool landscaping today, maybe an hour of Biking later, and then night out with the wife.  10 years... 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 11

Thursday - June 30

Swim
  • 1h 01m 06s
  • 3200.00 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake OPWS. Arms and shoulders are tired. Swam with Rick, Ian and Dan.

Run
  • 1h 03m 50s
  • 7.93 miles
  • 08m 03s /Mi

Hampton Hills Golf Course Road. My friend Rick blew-up on this run Tuesday so today he got some redemption, and I I just held on for the ride.

I am so happy and grateful for where I am in my training.  I'm training so much smarter than last year, and although my volume is a little lower than I'd like, I am getting in Quality vs. Quantity.  Lots of lake swimming in my wetsuit; lots of hills on the Bike and Run.  Lots of Ironman Race-Specific speed and terrain.  Good stuff.  Body is holding up real well, and although I am tired; it's a good tired. :)

Wednesday - June 29

Bike
  • 2h 38m 03s
  • 51.34 miles
  • 19.49 Mi/hr

Z2 - Mill Rd. to Dream Come True Ranch Manorville, to Hampton Hills Golf Club and back. Flat/Rollers.

I'm clear out of caffeine gels. NOT GOOD. Needed some for this ride. My legs were hating me the beginning of this ride and at the end, but oddly not in the middle. Simply beautiful outside.

Tuesday - June 28

Run
  • 1h 08m 12s
  • 7.93 miles
  • 08m 36s /Mi

Hampton Hills Golf Course Road. This run was absolutely brutal. Tough hills, hot, Derrick and I pushed each other. Sufferering was equal to a 70.3 race only there were no aid stations or finishers medal :)

Swim
  • 58m 45s
  • 3200.00 meters
  • 01m 50s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake Swim

Good swim. Form held together well. Went flat out the last 500 meters.

Lake swimming today with Derrick and Rick, followed by a hilly 8-mile run.  Tomorrow I plan to get back on the bike for a 2hr ride. 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 10

Monday - June 27

Run
  • 1h 04m 02s
  • 7.85 miles
  • 08m 10s /Mi

Z1/Z2
8:27 8:01 8:08 8:08 8:08 8:09 8:08 8:04
Freaky! 5 miles of a perfectly consistent pace! Pretty good considering how hot it was, and how tired I was.

Sunday - June 26

Bike
  • 3h 58m 23s
  • 62.11 miles
  • 15.63 Mi/hr

5800 feet climbing
Harriman State Park & Bear Mountain State Park. Out & back on south 7 Lakes Drive, old Harryman loop, Tiorati descent twice, Lake Welch Parkway climb up from the Palisades twice, and CLIMBED BEAR MOUNTAIN!!

Run
  • 38m 18s
  • 4.11 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Short EZ Transition Run with Mike out & back on 7 Lakes Dr.

What an EPIC ride.  Best bike ride ever.  Harriman State Park along 7 Lakes Dr was spectacular.  Never took 7 Lakes Dr. down all the way to Bear Mountain.  Crossed the Palisades and climbed Bear Mountain.  Felt like a Tour Race with the switchbacks, the tree lines well beneath us, never did anything like that before.  Amazing.  Never thought 30 minutes of suffering could be so fun.  So rewarding.  Met lots of other cyclists.  Mike and I had the time of our life.  Cannot wait to go back.  Soon.

Dream Chaser's Training Log

July 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance

Upcoming races