Bike
  • 1h 11m 01s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 21.00 Mi/hr

Kept my Race Wheels on and I hammered my normal route on Mill Rd rollers.

Call me crazy, but Ironman Lake Placid felt like a long training day with aid stations, volunteers, friends, family and Mike Reilly announcing.  It felt like a training day cause the intensity level was so much lower than any other race I've done, and as a result I feel like I've emerged stronger.  I'm going to attempt to resume normal training next week 8 to 10 hours, and we'll see if I'm right. :)   

Swim
  • 10m
  • -----
  • -----

Couple of warm-up strokes, sprints, and kickboard in my backyard pool :) Shoulders and lats feel awesome.

• Health data: Sleep: 5 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 11
Run
  • 41m 40s
  • 5.16 miles
  • 08m 04s /Mi

EZ Aerobic

Wanted to run 8 miles, but figured I'd play it safe. I feel really good energy-wise and physically.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3
Run
  • 36m 33s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 07m 19s /Mi

That felt so damn good, especially the last mile where I just put her in 5th gear and opened up the engine. Due to fear and it not really being beneficial to Ironman training, I've run the last 3 months ultra-conservatively. But now I am an Ironman. DONE. Now I can get to the business of running fast!! AND YES, I will be careful of course. But after running a 3:15 downhill marathon last fall, a 10 min mile Ironman-marathon did nothing to my legs. Calves and quads are feeling, honestly, 100% fine. Hamstrings amazingly are about 90%. Wheeeeeee!!!

I'm itching to start training for IMUSA 2012.  No I am not kidding.  My foot is shaking with hyperactive energy right now just thinking about it.  I can't wait till my 70.3 at Pocono.  I'm obsessing about 2012 in fact.  I'm insane.  I know.  But I'm surrounded by friends here, which is so awesome.  My mom and wife can't stop telling the world about what I did; meanwhile, I just can't wait to do it again - and faaaaster!!!

I think I'm going to Run tonight.  EZ of course.  Bike tomorrow.  I'll start swimming again Monday or Tuesday. 

The one thing I won't miss about Ironman training is the lonnnnng bikes.  I don't mind 50 or 60 mile bike rides.  I like them even.  But when it gets over 3 hours on the Bike, I start not liking the Bike so much.  I am pretty damn psyched that I can just ride 3 hours and under and really start focusing on my Running again.  For Philly, I want to try and touch 70 miles per week - carefully, slowly, methodically of course.  I have a 10k road race at the end of August and I really want to break 40 minutes for a 10k.  I AM SO HAPPY I GET TO RUN AS MUCH AS I WANT FROM NOW TILL DECEMBER!!!!!  I feel like throwing a party. :)

Ironman Lake Placid 2011 Race Report

One of my sunburn spots has a blood blister.  Nasty, I know.  And it freaking hurts!! Until that heals, I can't see resuming training.  So shooting for a Swim maybe Friday.  Perhaps a light spin on the Trainer tomorrow...  Race Report will be done today. :)   

My shoulders are really sunburnt. OUCH!  Despite putting sunblock on the morning of, and in the Run transition tent, I still got scorched.  Writing my Race Report right now. :)

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 2
Getting ready to leave Lake Placid.  What a great week we had up here as a family. When I woke up I looked in the mirror and saw I got a small black eye from the swim yesterday!!  It happened at the turn bouy on the second lap of the swim.  :)

I've been waiting to find out the answer to the question: What beats up your body more, a stand-alone marathon or an Ironman?  And the answer, for me, is defiinitely a stand-alone marathon.  I am able to walk around just fine this morning, whereas I am barely able to walk the day after a marathon.  However, an Ironman is much harder all-around because it's a longer day and, oddly, my shoulders and core feel pretty beat-up today. 
I can't wait to get home and write my race report.

Congrats again to all my BT friends who competed yesterday and thank you to everyone for the awesome inspires!!! 

Dream Chaser's Training Log

July 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • October's totals
  • September's totals