This is What We Do

Saturday - September 10

Run
  • 1h 32m 46s
  • 11.60 miles
  • 08m /Mi

Aerobic - Shoreham Hills

Terrible run. Fail. Planned 15 miles, didn't hydrate properly beforehand, was tired throughout the whole run despite not being sore and legs feeling strong. I'm such a rookie.

So excited for all my friends racing tomorrow - Ironman Wisconsin; Ironman Muskoka; PumpkinMan; Mighty Hamptons ... it's going to be a great day of racing. :)

The Race Director for the Mighty Hamptons sent me an e-mail stating the late registration fee is 200 bucks, and it's gotta be ca$h.  REEEEEALLY?  For an Olympic race.  Yeah, I don't want to race that badly.  Actually I do.  I am dying to race, but I just can't afford to.  But I still have Cow Harbor 10k next Saturday, and now I can really BUILD for Pocono 70.3 over the next 3 weeks. 

Long Run today.  Lake Swim and Bike w/ Derrick tomorrow morning. 

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2

Friday - September 9

Swim
  • 31m 34s
  • 1700.00 meters
  • 01m 52s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake swim w/ Derrick. Swam EZ and smooth. Lake water was nice and cool from all the rain. Refreshing :)

The wife is freaked out about crossing the bridges out of NYC on 9-11 due to the new 'credible' threat.  Sooooo looks like I'm eating mine and my son's Toughman Race Fee.  I'm going to stay local and race the Mighty Hamptons Olympic.  The people at MasterCard love me.   

Yeah so the plan is to follow ALL my friends racing this Sunday... and there are lots of them!!  Myself included.  Hopefully my son won't chicken out and he'll do the ToughKids swim tomorrow morning.  I'm thinking about bribing him with an XBOX 360, if need be.  You can get them used on ebay for 180 bucks. :)  After careful consultation with my advisors (friends :)) my plan for the Toughman is to treat it like a Training Day.  If by some small miracle I come off the bike with a total time of 3 hrs 25 mins or less; meaning I can run a 1:35 half and get a Sub 5 ... then I'll go for it and hammer the run and go for Sub 5 Glory.  If I come off the bike a second over 3 hrs 25 minutes, then I'm just going to keep an EZ consistent-steady pace on the run so I can continue training right through next week and continue to build toward Pocono 70.3.   

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 4

Thursday - September 8

Bike
  • 1h 15m 52s
  • 24.99 miles
  • 19.76 Mi/hr

uninspired aerobic ride.

So I called myself out and started a thread about it.  Yes Charles, I'm mental.  I know.  http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=267681&posts=1#M3677655  

Wednesday - September 7

Swim
  • 42m 29s
  • 2133.60 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

1 X 1524 meters @ 30'29"
1 X 609.6 meters @ 12'

My friend Ian got me into the Brookhaven National Lab pool. My regular pool is closed till the 12th for maintenance, and with all this rain I don't want to swim in the lake. The pool is 100 feet long, which translates to 30.48 meters long. Was a nice distance. And the water temp was cool :) I know it's crazy, but I really miss pool swimming. My pool was a camp this summer, so I can't wait for it to reopen next week so I can swim there again.

Run
  • 38m 30s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 07m 42s /Mi

Aerobic run in the pouring rain. Rain felt good.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3

Tuesday - September 6

It's my Birthday.  Yay. :)  My gift: the Kids go back to school tomorrow!!!

Monday - September 5

Rest day.  Thankfully, it looks like Hurricane Katia is going to hook hard right out to sea.  Bought myself a new BBQ for my Birthday.  My old one is ten years old!!   Going to put it together and grill up some chicken and veggies. :) 

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3

Sunday - September 4

Run
  • 1h 40m 41s
  • 11.66 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

Aerobic Run w/ Bill. First 3 miles flat, 5 mile of Hills! (Shoreham 5-mile course, Ashley Hill), 3 miles flat. Took a nature break at mile 4 and forgot to stop the Garmin.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7

Dream Chaser's Training Log

September 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Volume

Time
Distance