Sport
  • Stretching
  • 1h 00m

40 mins Normatec boots, 20 min Dr.Marc stretched out my hammys, hips, glutes

Huh, I surpassed my Swim and Bike totals from last year.  Cool.  :)  Today I Rest.  I get stretched out.  And I wear the Normatec Gumby Boots. :)

Mother Nature has not been subtle this year.  Yesterday morning was Summer - humid and warm.  Suddenly this morning it's 50 degrees and chilly!  Hello Autumn!!

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 4
Swim
  • 36m 32s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 01m 50s /100 meters

500 WU
500 Mod
1 X 500 every 2' (1:39,1:37,1:38,1:37,1:34)
500 CD

I haven't swam in my pool since mid-July! With the kiddies back in school, I had the entire pool to myself!!

Run
  • 21m 46s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 07m 16s /Mi

Pre-10k Race Tune-up
1/4 mi WU
2 X 1/4 mile strides @ 6:40-6:50 pace
1 X 100 yard @ Race Pace 6:35

Nice and cool out. If I feel this good or better Saturday morning, I will PR.

Bike
    • 1h 08m 38s
    • 22.36 miles
    • 19.55 Mi/hr

Aerobic. I love the gatorskin tires cause they rarely puncture. In fact, only ever had two punctures in 4 years, and both were from thick metal construction staples. But damn do I feel them dragging against the road! They just don't wanna roll. It'l like running with ankle weights on. But I'm sure I'll be happy come Race Day when my I thrown on my Pro 3's. :)

Looking forward to the Cow Harbor race this Saturday.  It's an iconic 10k which draws olympic talent every single year from around the country, with around 5,000 total runners.  First year I ran it Ryan Hall set the course record, which still stands today.  Friday afternoon I'm going to see my Sports Doc and get the glutes and hammy's stretched out; and then I am going to spend an hour in the 'Magic Pants' - the Normatec MVP.  They're pneumatic compression boots that pump the blood in and out of the legs.  They help Recovery and just make your legs feel light and springy, and ready to Race!  

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3
    Swim
    • 30m 29s
    • 1700.00 meters
    • 01m 47s /100 meters

Wildwood Lake
    EZ first 75%. Race Pace the last stretch home.

Run
    • 1h 01m 41s
    • 6.87 miles
    • 08m 59s /Mi

EZ Aerobic. Fire Road w/ Derrick.

What a beautiful day out.  It's 80 degrees but low September humidity.  Had a fantastic morning working out with my buddy Derrick.  The cumulative effect of training since January 1 this year has been creeping up on me.  I've been very fatigued these last few weeks.  To counteract this, I've recently started dialing back my workouts and intensity and the fatigue is finally starting to ease.  In the past years it has always been a combination of muscle/body soreness & fatigue that has forced me to limit my training.  But this last month it's just been fatigue by itself; my muscles feel strong, and I have little to no soreness.  It is a little frustrating, but it is what it is.  And that's all it is. :) 

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3
    Congrats to all my friends who raced this weekend.  You all did a great job.:)  It was beautfiul weather for racing, and as much as I so wanted to be racing myself, it was just as nice to watch my son race BMX.  Plus, if my Run and Bike this weekend were any indication as to how my Race would've gone this weekend, perhaps it's best I didn't race. 

Rest Day today.
    Swim Lake and Fire Road Run w/ Derrick tomorrow.
    Great Cow Harbor 10k this Saturday. 
    Ironman Pocono t-minus 3 weeks.

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
    Bike
    • 2h 05m 08s
    • 40.05 miles
    • 19.20 Mi/hr

Aerobic. Manorville loop.

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 2
    Run
    • 1h 32m 46s
    • 11.60 miles
    • 08m /Mi

Aerobic - Shoreham Hills

Terrible run. Fail. Planned 15 miles, didn't hydrate properly beforehand, was tired throughout the whole run despite not being sore and legs feeling strong. I'm such a rookie.

So excited for all my friends racing tomorrow - Ironman Wisconsin; Ironman Muskoka; PumpkinMan; Mighty Hamptons ... it's going to be a great day of racing. :)

The Race Director for the Mighty Hamptons sent me an e-mail stating the late registration fee is 200 bucks, and it's gotta be ca$h.  REEEEEALLY?  For an Olympic race.  Yeah, I don't want to race that badly.  Actually I do.  I am dying to race, but I just can't afford to.  But I still have Cow Harbor 10k next Saturday, and now I can really BUILD for Pocono 70.3 over the next 3 weeks. 

Long Run today.  Lake Swim and Bike w/ Derrick tomorrow morning. 

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 2

Dream Chaser's Training Log

September 2011 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
         1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
    Distance
    • November's totals