Bike
  • 1h 15m 52s
  • 24.99 miles
  • 19.76 Mi/hr

uninspired aerobic ride.

So I called myself out and started a thread about it.  Yes Charles, I'm mental.  I know.  http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=267681&posts=1#M3677655  

Swim
  • 42m 29s
  • 2133.60 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

1 X 1524 meters @ 30'29"
1 X 609.6 meters @ 12'

My friend Ian got me into the Brookhaven National Lab pool. My regular pool is closed till the 12th for maintenance, and with all this rain I don't want to swim in the lake. The pool is 100 feet long, which translates to 30.48 meters long. Was a nice distance. And the water temp was cool :) I know it's crazy, but I really miss pool swimming. My pool was a camp this summer, so I can't wait for it to reopen next week so I can swim there again.

Run
  • 38m 30s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 07m 42s /Mi

Aerobic run in the pouring rain. Rain felt good.

• Health data: Soreness: 4 Fatigue: 3
It's my Birthday.  Yay. :)  My gift: the Kids go back to school tomorrow!!!

Rest day.  Thankfully, it looks like Hurricane Katia is going to hook hard right out to sea.  Bought myself a new BBQ for my Birthday.  My old one is ten years old!!   Going to put it together and grill up some chicken and veggies. :) 

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3
Run
  • 1h 40m 41s
  • 11.66 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

Aerobic Run w/ Bill. First 3 miles flat, 5 mile of Hills! (Shoreham 5-mile course, Ashley Hill), 3 miles flat. Took a nature break at mile 4 and forgot to stop the Garmin.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 2h 49m 01s
  • 54.95 miles
  • 19.51 Mi/hr

Aerobic. Good Ride with Rick, his last long ride before Wisconsin. 75% flat, 25% rollers.

• Health data: Soreness: 2 Fatigue: 3
Run
  • 41m 19s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 16s /Mi

Z1

"The Plan"

Got my wave assignment for ToughMan - Wave 1 ... just like at Rev3 Quassy.  But unlike Quassy, this time I don't  plan on letting a parade of people pass me on the bike.  I'm using Toughman as a hard-training day/experiment for my 'A Race' - Pocono 70.3.   So "The Plan" is to time trial the Swim and hammer the Bike, then just try and have an aerobic even-split Run.  I want to see if I can Time Trial the Bike course, which is very similar to the Pocono Bike course with a few tough climbs but LOTS of rollers, allow for Recovery on descents, and see how I will feel come the Run.

The top profile is Toughman and the bottom one is Pocono.  Although they look different they are very similar in overall elevation gain, both are chockful of rollers (which I enjoy riding) and both have a few challenging long climbs sprinkled in, albeit at different spots on the course.  So "The Plan" is EZ Bike and EZ Runs from today till next weekend (which will act as an artifical taper) ; use Toughman as Hard Tempo Swim and Bike Effort, followed by 5 days of active Recovery, another Peak Bike/Run weekend, and then two-weeks of Taper for Pocono where hopefully I can use some of what I learn at Toughman to pick an appropriate Bike Effort/Pace so I can have a successful and faaaast Run at Pocono, and hopefully end up with a wicked PR. 

So that's "The Plan!!" Two 70.3's three weeks a part.  We'll see what happenes.  :)  

• Health data: Soreness: 3 Fatigue: 3

Dream Chaser's Training Log

September 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • November's totals