• 14m 56s
  • 1.60 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

shorty brick

Swim
  • 42m 37s
  • 2057.40 meters
  • 02m 04s /100 meters

At the pool just in case shoulder was an issue. It was fine. Phew.
100 wu
2x1000y 1:50 and 1:48
150 cd

felt fast! would have done another 1000 but pool closed, so had to leave it there.

Taper rocks! Twice on the boat today...Dave cleaned up the seats, then took Kaity and I for a swim. I cleaned the exterior which totally needed it. It was lovely. Then Dave and I went for a sunset cruise after dinner. Another beautiful sunset on the lake.

Tomorrow the girl starts her job at the doggie day care. She is so excited but super nervous. I hope she gets through the day ok and doesn't have a panic attack. She will be so great at this gig! Fingers crossed!

Bike
  • 3h 04m 25s
  • 56.57 miles
  • 18.41 Mi/hr

stony. Hot and humid today. Surprised how the legs felt considering the day yesterday. Lady bits hurt worst of all. Now taper officially begins

Swim
  • 1h 16m 10s
  • 4012.11 meters
  • 01m 54s /100 meters

new wetsuit bites the heck out of the neck. Had issues with left shoulder half way through! Never had that before! Sucked! Will have to be very attentive to form to avoid this issue. Usually do a harder effort on the last 200 but didn't today...Over all happy with pace.

Bike
  • 6h 01m 58s
  • 108.42 miles
  • 17.97 Mi/hr

felt good most of the day with exception of a bit of stomach distress early on the bike. Horrible thunderstorms forced me into the bathroom for shelter for 20 minutes or so.. Then finished ride, much of which was rain. So glad I had the brand new tires on already! Would have ridden the extra but was already so late and everything was wet and gross. Just wanted to be done.
Went over metrics and data was good. NP dropped during the rain, but not by much and my VI was pretty good. HR, Power, VI, Pace all in line and what I hope to do come race day. The hills of course will make it much more difficult to keep it all in line, but I will be smart.

Run
  • 1h 01m 32s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

cool temps due to rain helped with these paces a lot. felt really decent for the whole run. I know that heat will make a big difference, so will be sticking with my hr plan. Hope to be able to be smart and run aid to aid!
Salt, gu,pacing were good, but need to really be mindful of HR to reach overall goal for the day...run aid to aid.

had liquid dinner last night to avoid stomach issues. not sure it was a winner. i just wish I didn't have to stress about my gut. Meh.

Day was a bit of a cluster with John working late last night and arriving late this am, Bob's chain getting bent (and the two of them leaving to get it repaired) Potter, Scribby and Corey all left when the rains set in. Bah! I was determined to get the day done, so I stayed and finished. Glad I did. Got it done and over with.

Used the party pants and watched the Lions stink it up with Dave after dinner. Everything was filthy and smelly. My poor old car!

rest day due to pushing swim to RR tomorrow. Trying liquid dinner vs white foods to see how stomach is tomorrow. I told Dave I've been craving hotdogs (so not my norm) because of all the long rides in the parks and bbq's always are going on late in the rides....so tonight was the day he made them. Yeah...none for me lol. Probably for the best!

Swim
  • 57m 37s
  • 2926.08 meters
  • 01m 58s /100 meters

went to the buoy and back...recorded short so adjusted based on prior swims. Used new Roka Maverick Pro wetsuit. Faster by a touch I think. let in water at neck and seemed to go down the arms of the suit. Must not have had it all the way up to my arm pit. Right shoulder felt better, but swam a lot shorter and after rest day. We will see Saturday how it goes

Run
  • 47m 08s
  • 4.63 miles
  • 10m 11s /Mi

felt like crap. hot, windy. did 3 of the 4 assigned z5 sets. Meh.

woke up coughing and couldn't stop. very tired of late. really hope it doesn't go full blown cold. stupid allergies have been awful all year!

picking up the 404 today since the hub recall is fixed. love Fraser and all they do for me!
*update* got the 404, new tires. tubes, spare tubes that will actually work on the 808, and a new big ring up front. The chain was skipping and has been dropping, which shouldn't happen with the di2. Lord. I am hoping to get a new rig soon, but I've invested $300 in parts this summer! GAH~ Good news is she's all ready to go for this weekend and race day.

TrishM's Training Log

August 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance
  • August's totals
  • July's totals