From the tire shop, and back to pick up the car

Sport #1
  • Walking
  • 20m

with the pups and Dave.

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 50m

restorative yoga...sage roundtree. Man, I should have done this every week for the last 8 weeks!!! Lots more to come in taper!!!

took today off of tri training. Slept in!!! Took the edge for new tires and rode blackie home...COLD. Legs are tired riding 2 miles on my cruiser bike! Walked the dogs with Dave and did restorative yoga in the evening. Dave booked a hotel in Kingston to break up the drive to Mont Tremblant. Printed out a few things for my IM folder. Got some pre-taper madness cleaning done in the house, which is kind of a dump. :) Ate like a champ today, for the first time in a while. Soooo so so needed this day, and glad I took it!

Sunday - July 27

Bike
    • 3h 22m 28s
    • 60.05 miles
    • 17.79 Mi/hr
    My baby is 22 today. Well, not my baby. My eldest. She's still my baby though. :)

Long slog of a ride today. Very mentally and physically tired. Not a great ride by any means, but done. I'll take done.

A biker got hit today in the park. In a park with signs to share the road with bikes...because there are ALWAYS bikers in the road in this park. I swear. No where is safe to ride a damn bike anymore. GRRRR.

Post ride, got cleaned up and took Kaity to the mall to shop (which is usually a frustration for us both as she never wants me to BUY her anything...) and success. She got a pair of converse sneakers, two sweaters and a shirt at JCrew. That was a small miracle! Then we had birthday dinner at Granite City with the family, Sherry and her bestie Nicole. Bad food choices, beer and a happy girl. Now I need sleep!

Saturday - July 26

Bike
    • 5h 03m 07s
    • 81.33 miles
    • 16.10 Mi/hr

Kensington loops. Corey and Bob rode with me after about 1.5 hours. Nice surprise. Very grateful for their company!!!

Run
    • 40m 24s
    • 4.00 miles
    • 10m 06s /Mi

Out n back on Spring Hill and a bit on the path. HR was lower avg than the long run on Thursday and tired legs.

Sooo tired. Not sleeping well. Was so tired on way home. Only a few more long rides, then taper!!!

Friday - July 25

Swim
    • 56m 19s
    • 2500.00 meters
    • 02m 15s /100 meters

Met Scribby and got him a pass to swim at LTF. Had to cut it short due to grabbing the girl in AA for a doc appt.

Legs are tired. Had to get up early and had crap sleep AGAIN.

VERY STRESSFUL afternoon with the girl. Exhausted...

Thursday - July 24

Run #1
    • 2h 53m 35s
    • 18.01 miles
    • 09m 38s /Mi

18 or 3 hours...which ever comes first. Ran by hr today as Coach P wanted.

Don't think this pace is doable on race day...ran at slightly higher hr than I can after biking. Took less walk breaks in the beginning and more at the end. Think I need more from the onset. Tried gu's on 4/8, but really need to gu every 3 miles. Liked the shoes.

Run #2
    • 13m 52s
    • 0.88 miles
    • 15m 46s /Mi

walked, jogged, walked to cool down and get to car

great weather for the long run. Dropped a bottle in the nature center and ran by HR. Can't go that fast in IM though. Happy with run overall. Messed up on gu's. So so so sick of perform!!!

TrishM's Training Log

July 2014 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
       1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
    Distance

Actual vs Planned