The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Bike
  • 1h 12m 34s
  • 15.59 miles
  • 12.89 Mi/hr

3x13 th
1x10 te
a few stops and starts when the man updated me on boat stuff.
Legs did fine. Middle set blew. Hard. But got it done

Run
  • 40m 51s
  • 4.10 miles
  • 09m 57s /Mi

brick with uphill strides at end. Felt good

Its official. RIP Harold the pontoon boat. Good news: we had full replacement cost coverage. Even better news: they allowed up to but the boat for what a salvage company quoted, and we resold it for a profit of a few grand. The bad news: the man is going big on the replacement boat and will not yield. It will cost us THOUSANDS we had no intention of spending on boating this year or any year for that matter. Like, NO INTENTION. So, while it really could not be a better situation for a totaled boat, it is still a fiscal burden we as a family did not have anywhere on the radar. I disagree with the expense. I can think of a million better ways to spend the money than in a vehicle that we use five months (if that) of the year. But, I digress. Life is short, and I don't want to fight forever over it. I could, but I don't want to.

In other news, my son is done with college for now. Maybe forever, but definitely for now. Not thrilled (or surprised) about that either. He will be getting a full time job and begin paying rent. I will help him with his complete lack of fiscal skills (he is like his father with out the income!) and hopefully he can get his shit together to either go back to school or move out. I love this kid to the moon and back. Just want him to get out of his depression and start enjoying life a bit. Step by step.

The last bit of news...a fellow classmate I had a HUGE crush on in 6th grade passed away from cancer. Left his wife of 32 years and sons behind. Sucks. Cancer just sucks.

Banner day here in the mitten.

Work out was good at least. Legs are recovered from the half and my new peanut butter pretzel balls for fuel worked well.

Run
  • 1h 58m 35s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 09m 03s /Mi

Great day for racing. Weather was just about perfect. Hit most of the splits I wanted, so happy with the day. Felt pretty good other than gut.

Not happy with the gut and lack of sleep. :-/ Need to get that info to Kyla.

5th/37 ag today. Girl who won it ran a 1:37! WOW. so fast!

Race went well despite a bad (boaty/gassy) stomach yesterday and into the evening and hardly any sleep. Ran just what my Vdot says I could for a half. Didn't have any major goal other than sub 2 and neg split. Done and done. Weight was not great this am, and my gut was off yesterday and into the evening even with the plain foods/no dairy.

Breakfast and track stack worked well. BUT...I did get nauseous a few different times during the run and almost made a porta potty stop at 10, but decided it was a body request, not a body demand. ;).

Stopped at Nell and Daves' after to get the wedding details and drop off the infinite. Then home to hang with Happy. OMG. I LOVE her! She has such soulful brown eyes! There are two other families interested in her. Dave is still not wanting another dog. I told the girl if she hasn't found a home by 3/31 we will host her while her work is full. I so hope we get to host her, because I think if we do we will adopt her! I really really like her!!!!!

• Health data: Hours slept: 4
boat shopping, and meeting Happy. She is sooooo cute! Not cute, but cute! She is coming for a visit to meet Jonah and the bird tomorrow. We shall see. I love her!
Bike
  • 42m 35s
  • 9.75 miles
  • 13.74 Mi/hr

had to cut the wu and tempo out...only main set today
2x10 30/30's

Run
  • 30m 37s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

trp plus 5x25" uphill strides

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

serious beat down today. Mike watched me walk down the hall and abused accordingly. ;)

Bike
  • 1h 58m 16s
  • 28.60 miles
  • 14.51 Mi/hr

2x16 ftp
2x8 ftp
2x9 te
good ride. legs showed up! Wasn't sure how it would go with the nice run I had yesterday.

Run
  • 50m 20s
  • 5.40 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Brick
z2 25
z3 25
Legs felt pretty darn good considering the ride before.

There is a tear in the carpet on the boat. PLUS both tubes are dented, the bimini top is damaged, the case for the cockpit and a hole in one of the bench seats. BOOOO. The shop owner told us more than likely the boat will be totaled. I guess if there are issues with carpet it gets very expensive to repair as they basically have to take the whole thing apart to do the repair. Of course we have to wait on the adjustor to tell us officially. I really don't want to spend more money on a new boat, but I'm pretty sure this will cost us $. Add in that the boat show deals have come and gone already, and we are in a sticky spot for a late May launch. Dave won't want to look at used. I just know it. We are kind of restricted too due to our low water in the cove. Tricky. Bah. We shall see.

Run
  • 1h 30m 02s
  • 9.62 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

post physical and errands at Stony. Chilly but lovely day running with a bluebird sky. Heard a few spring peepers (MY FAV!) hawks calling and deer munching in the nature center area. Felt pretty good through out run and really liking the freedoms shoes. NICE!

trp plus pace with last 1.5 miles te/th pace.
30c chew pre run
60c chew during at 50'
34oz nbs during run

Physical today. Blood work was awesome (for normal population) except no hormones. Fook. I am grateful for my good health and ability to play. I just want it in my former lean body thank you very much. I will keep on keeping on.

In other news, Harold left us today. We shall see how bad the damages are once it gets appraised. Not hopeful I'm afraid.

Also, the girl wants us to meet Happy. She is a german wired short haired pointer whose owner passed away and his wife doesn't want her. She is a day care pup at the girls work. They take in rescues and try home them. As I was on my run I kept thinking about her. We may board her while the day care is booked for spring break to see how things go. Maybe. Possibly. She has a beard. She is goofy looking. I would not chose this breed if I were looking for a pup. BUT, she needs a family to love her, and I just can't stop thinking about her. Hmmm.

TrishM's Training Log

March 2017 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • March's totals
  • February's totals