The following equipment is nearing replacement:
Bike
  • 3h 05m 53s
  • 56.30 miles
  • 18.17 Mi/hr

abp ride. went much better than I expected especially with the stupid WIND. was fatigued at end of ride. go far worked very well. clif bar on way to park must have helped.

Run
  • 30m 35s
  • 3.18 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

brick. 1 mile at te, so windy and quads were pissed!

was up at 4:30 and finally got out of bed at 5:45. UGH! Went to flower day at the farmers market. Very underwhelmed. Picked up a couple flats of flowers but thats it.

Ride and run were SUPER WINDY. Saw lots of peeps and Johnny and Tim rode an hour with me, which was very nice! Legs were stumpy and grumpy on the run, but got a tempo mile in there. Pooped.

Had planned to garden, but was so drowsy on the way home decided against it. The girl is home from camping. She had an ok time. Glad she went, glad she's home.

Run #1
  • 1h 32m 37s
  • 7.60 miles
  • 12m 11s /Mi

Highland Loops Trail Race. Garmin only showed 6 miles. Was 7.6 so adjusted. Really fun/hilly run! Trail races are so chill! Great friends, 15' from home, great vibe and food post race. And beer samples! FUN!

1st in ag, but goal was don't fall. 2 50 year olds tied for overall female in the 16 mile. They ran 10:10's (faster really as it was 16.8 or so?) Stupid fast!

Run #2
  • 21m 12s
  • 2.01 miles
  • 10m 33s /Mi

to get to long run time for the week. Ran on the dirt road along the park. Very pretty...and horses!!!

Had a blast running this trail race. Goal was to NOT fall. Goal met! Romeo, Terra, and a few other Be Bold kids. Two raced with Nisa at U of M on the tri team! Small world! Made a few new friends (of course!) and helped a fellow runner who took a fall on her first trail race! No blood, no dirt..she did it like a pro! :D

Learned I can't run up the steep pitches in CO...elevation will make it too hard to recover from. I was fine here, but that probably won't fly there. Noted. Shoes were good, but got pebbles in them. Not fun on steep descents. Noted. Left leg gets a bit sloppy when tired. Noted. Must keep focus and form, or face plant!

I had thought about running the 16, but really smart to stick to 7. It was tough, and my legs will feel it. I think I will do Pontiac Lake for my last long run before leaving. I'm gonna miss the trail when I get home and focus on Muncie!

Swim
  • 1h 01m 50s
  • 2560.32 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

400's and 300's. Hit ALL the sets at prescribed time with a bit more rest than wo was written. Very happy about that!

Lots of weeding got done today. Harold (our boat) has arrived. Had a great dinner at home and went to the show to cap off the evening. Good Friday!

Run
  • 28m 56s
  • 3.08 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi

b4 bike. te mile was a bit slow.

Bike
  • 3h 05m 26s
  • 50.98 miles
  • 16.50 Mi/hr

8,10,10,8 th. Went ok. should have been a 4 hour ride. Life got me off track.

meeting my Mentee from Frasers Tri Like A Woman program tonight! She's young! I hope I can keep up with her as I am to ride 4 hours today and my last will be with her! :D

All my files are uploaded to the garmin for Colorado. Bikes are reserved. Lists are being made. Can't believe its in like...9 days!

Helping the girl get ready for her camping expedition with Nikki and Dean. They are clueless. They will survive and have a blast I'm sure. Excited for them.

I'm tired today. Stayed up to late reading about my new friend and trying to unwind from the evenings activities. Dogs didn't care I was up till 1am. At all. :-/

Bike
  • 1h 17m 58s
  • 20.00 miles
  • 15.39 Mi/hr

vo2 max sets. Did an update of kickr and TR and power was super jumpy. :-/ GAH!

Run
  • 14m 59s
  • 1.64 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

super quick brick. felt pretty good. on mill even though it was fab out. had to get stepping' to fetch the girl!

terrible night sleep with the pup whining again. WO's happened after getting the girl (late-she slept in) to the shelter. Beautiful day, but not enough time to ride/run outdoors, so I hit up the pain cave. It went well.

Then the event of the day...after fetching the girl, getting cleaned up and noshing a bit we headed downtown to see Yoyo Ma! The girl has always wanted to see him so I scored a couple (2 of the 3 remaining seats and not together) tickets for us a couple weeks ago. By pure luck and good fortune, my seat neighbor was a very influential board member of the Symphony. Former president, driver of restoration of the hall, creation of the parking structure, the Max office buildings, and bringing Whole Foods to Midtown Detroit. Max Fisher (auto royalty here in the D) was his father in law. I of course knew non of this and just chatted with him. Explained the girls musical history, her not being able to play anymore and her childhood statements that she was going to marry Yoyo Ma. :D He then offered for her to meet him post performance.

WHAT!?! So kind, unexpected and impactful to my girl! I introduced them at intermission, he introduced her to the current President. She burst into tears she was so excited! After an amazing performance we were the first people to greet him! He was so gracious! She shared her story of playing one of his pieces and how it inspired her. And we got the story behind a photo of him and a wombat! Photo ops happened, one of the most influential real estate developers in Detroit gave me his card (and filled a spot in my girls heart!) and we left the hall grinning from ear to ear. I know this sounds weird, but I wore my Mom's old timex watch...wanted to "bring" her along for our evening. She was always a lucky lady. I think she was there in influenced this somehow. She was always so close with my girl. :D

We capped the night off at Selden Standard with craft cocktails and dessert. I will go back when I can eat! Detroit's restaurant of the year. The kitchen was closing so we "settled" for house made ice-cream and dessert. Glorious evening in the city.

TrishM's Training Log

May 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals