High 33F
Low 21F
FRIDAY
Sunny
High 19F
Low 8F
Strength
  • 1h 00m

mechanics with Terra. Getting to be a regular there and it's fun seeing the same faces week to week.

Super janky on the try single leg squat on my right side. All balance drills are hard. All. :)

Core is coming along fine. Love this class!

got a few things done around the house, the sink dropped off at the fabricators, and a section of granite selected for the island. It's really pretty! Lots of movement and very different than the rest of the quartz stone.

Run
  • 1h 30m
  • 9.50 miles
  • 09m 28s /Mi

15' wu
BAA for rest of run

Fun run with the group at LTF again. Didn't know how the legs would feel as it was hard for me to get up this am, but my hr was good for the efforts and I felt good after the warm up. BUT...I'm a dork. I probably had my best cadence data in a while and hr info, but I switched my watch off for some of the run losing that data. I was able to update time and distance here, but I like to know my hr for the runs. Boooo.

In other news, we opened up the sink today to make sure it was good and no issues from shipping. EXCITED! It looked great with the quartz sample and the backsplash tile sample. The lights came in and we like them too. Appliances come tomorrow and go into the garage with a lllll the other crapola. :) Tomorrow I drop off the sink and sample to the countertop fabricator and choose the granite section. Maybe. I may hold off for a sample door of the island. But only a few more items to order and then onto the bathrooms. Yay!

Bike
  • 1h 32m 48s
  • 29.64 miles
  • 19.16 Mi/hr

2x10 th
2x15 te

great ride. Full lab. Trice keeping me honest. Fun. :)

Run
  • 28m 44s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 09m 34s /Mi

GRP with strides at the end. Started a bit slow though.

Good times in the lab again today. Rode the IMWI course. Scott joined for the first time this winter and it was great to see him. He gave me a nudge late in each of the ftp sets and it was most welcome. Nudged him back in his 2x20.:) Brick went fine, but I did start a little slow as the janky mill seemed really fast when I started out. Maybe it was the really good ride lol.

Had a nice time at our traditional post ride breakfast. Love my tri family!

Dave was up early for filming today at the lake. He sent me a pic of our yard covered with cars, and the murder scene. UGH! Pretty gross! He was told it would be a half day of shooting. Um, no. He probably won't be home before midnight. But he is having a great time and learning a lot. :)

Run
  • 56m 14s
  • 5.55 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

ez pace today. Got in an "urban trail run" do to lots of folks not shoveling. Sun was out and it was great to be running! Wish every run felt like this! :)

Swim #1
  • 06m 13s
  • 200.00 meters
  • 03m 07s /100 meters

watch was being funny so had to stop and start it again. It forgot how to log meters since its been so long ago it was in that setting! :)

Swim #2
  • 26m 29s
  • 1100.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

Little drilling then some 200s. Till I got cold. Then it was time to get out!

Really enjoyed my sunny run. :) Glad I chose to run my favorite bit of Troy from the gym. It's been a while and I do love it!

Swim was brief and S L O W. It felt good to stretch out in the water post run though and a few minutes in the bubble tub was very nice.

I had a nice time last night watching Dave and his actor cohorts at the fundraiser for the short film they are making. It was nice to see some folks I'd met last summer and meet some new people Dave is always talking about. He is pretty brave, trying something totally new and out of his wheelhouse. Proud of my fella!

Bike
  • 1h 26m 26s
  • 21.51 miles
  • 14.93 Mi/hr

vo2 day. UGH. Got er done! Legs are shaping up ok and the lungs are following suit.

Run
  • 31m 25s
  • 3.35 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

from home...5k route

Run
  • 47m 04s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 09m 24s /Mi

15 wu w/ 5 strides
2x1th, 2' ri
z2 to time

Strength
  • 50m

mechanics
Tough one today. Arrived late due to snow and new stuff on car!

Run went very well and had sightings of Terese, Johnny and Sister! Such a nice surprise!

Oil change and front brakes for the edge today. Class and a Fraser party to check out the new location tonight. Looking forward to seeing peeps!

Yesterday I ordered the pendants for the kitchen and the sink. Excited! Only a few more major decisions and then I can start thinking about the bathrooms! :)

Dave has his movie crew filming there on saturday. I had no idea there would be 25 people! There is dust everywhere...I hope they don't drag it into the bedrooms where they are shooting. Ugh! Dave is excited to see how it all comes together on the filming side.

Bike
  • 1h 22m 03s
  • 21.18 miles
  • 15.49 Mi/hr

en wu
2x10 ftp
10 te
cd

Run
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 6.30 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

from home
15 wu (too fast!)
15x3 BAA
tough run today. First outdoors in a few weeks.

Swim
  • 53m 48s
  • 2034.54 meters
  • 02m 38s /100 meters

200 wu
100 drill
100 kick
200 ez
8x200 10"ri
100 cd

Good doable bike, tougher run (1st outdoors in a bit) and then downtown for swim class. Met Romeo and we split a lane. The main set was 8x200 endurance w 10" rest and we swam side by side for every lap. SO weird to be that in sync with someone you've never met! He's got a lifters build (I've no idea his background) and I figured he tire and I'd drop him later in the sets. Nope! And if he figures out how to position himself better in the water I guess we won't be able to go to the olympics for synchronize swimming after all. :) It was great motivation to keep moving and not over rest with him in my lane. Yay!

I am dubbing Tuesdays Olympic tuesdays since that is about the distance I cover in S/B/R!

TrishM's Training Log

January 2015 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
Time
  • January's totals