High 76F
Low 64F

Tuesday - July 22

Monday - July 21

Swim
  • 1h 22m 44s
  • 3866.85 meters
  • 02m 08s /100 meters

swam solo at my lake for the first time. Used the lifeguard float on a strap and swam the perimeter like I promised Dave I would. No wetsuit. Slow back. More chop from more boaters and not with the current. Missed my rubber suit! ;)

Sunday - July 20

Bike
  • 3h 33m 04s
  • 57.05 miles
  • 16.07 Mi/hr

rode at Kenington with Sister, Brian, Bob, Joe, Scott and Corey. Split up after loop two or so. Rode a lot easier than an ABP ride. Stopped more than I should have, helped sister with her speed fill, and finally got a little harder riding in at the end. Mental focus wasn't great. Not dreading it, but just a little fuzzy. :)

Met up with Dave post ride at this cool market in Milford and got dinner stuff while exploring the store. Expensive, but fun!

Then we hit the lake with our floating loungers. So awesome! We motored across the lake instead of dropping anchor just outside our cove as many other boats had, and had a beer and just chilled until the local party poopers came by and told us we couldn't anchor by the island as it was their property. There was a big stink about it a few years ago, but I wasn't sure of which island it was! It was stupid...two fifty year olds making no noise, just floating. Our radio wasn't even on. The boat co-pilot party pooper even video taped us! In case we went crazy and opened a can of whoop ass???? Weird! I'm sure they have encountered some ass holes but seriously! Dave was a little testy...he's all "that boat may not come into our cove. We'll put up a toll booth just to deny them...eff them...we own the dirt across the cove too...No cove for you!" Lol!

Then we went to go see Sextape, which was ok, not quite as funny as we'd hoped, had a great dinner out on the deck and just relaxed the rest of the night. Gosh,I just love it here on the lake!

Saturday - July 19

Swim
  • 1h 22m 33s
  • 3900.00 meters
  • 02m 07s /100 meters

Straight 3800 swim using pull buoy for the first 250. Legs were cooked from yesterday and long run on thursday. Not fast...at all!

Run
  • 28m 44s
  • 3.22 miles
  • 08m 55s /Mi

indoors on the TM. Only got in 30', not 50 as scheduled. Legs were cooked.
1 wu
1 at TH
1 at z2

tired tired tired legs since I had to juggle the schedule. Usually I bike long and brick on Saturday, but I did that yesterday (after 15.5 run on Thursday!) so I could get to Frank's grad party and host the fireworks here on the lake. Almost bailed on the run, but knew I didn't get the TH mile in yesterday, so did a shortened run on the mill. UGH! I dislike the mill, a lot!!! I did at least get to see the remodel and that they added a bunch of TRX stuff to play with post IM. :)

Grad party was fun, lake fireworks dinner was a blast. Really great fireworks display and the first time I've been out on the boat for it. Usually I am on shore with those who can't fit on the boat. We had a small gathering so we all fit...and no kids (who I always think should have the best seats!) Great evening with great friends!

Friday - July 18

Bike
  • 5h 02m 57s
  • 87.72 miles
  • 17.37 Mi/hr

rode at ILRA with Corey and Scott for a couple laps, then Dave Z, Dave H & Laura H. till hours 3, then last 2 by myself. Saw Robert and met his friend Lisa who is a BA. :) Got a couple intervals at low tempo in at the end. Overall ok ride. Nutrition was odd...the guys told me that honey stinger is on course and gave me a waffle for the ride which I had early, but the calorie count is a bit different. No issues in the tummy. Also, dropped 1/4 of a power bar and just ate more chews.

Run
  • 50m 05s
  • 5.34 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

Brick. Surprised how well this went after yesterday's long run and the ride. Of course, ran too fast. Did a couple very short strides at the end. Got hungry at mile 2 and had the gu then.

Only had 6 hours of sleep...this week has been extra busy for me and well...my hubby wanted to watch tv with me....orange is the new black. The last two episodes, one of which was 90' long! So I did. TIRED. I was very tired driving, but knew I would wake up by lap two on the bike. :) Had a decent ride considering the heavy training weekend and yesterday's long run. Pleased, but should have done more of the sets scheduled. Hard when you are riding with others. The brick went very well. I know the moderate temps really helped. Two beautiful days in a row for training here in the D. Looks like next week it heats up again. :)

Then after cleaning up and dinner Dave and I went to his new acting class studio to participate in the brain storming session for a competition they are in. It's called the 49 hour challenge...they receive a genre, a few things/lines to be in the film, and the task is to write, film, edit a short film in the 48 hours to be judged to go forward to nationals and worlds. I went but felt very out of my wheel house!!! A very cool group of people, very creative and fun. I left after about 4 hours (I was WHIPPED) and Dave stayed until they had a confirmed plot and the script writing process begins. I feel badly that he can't participate in the whole weekend. We have stuff going on. Next one for sure!

Thursday - July 17

Run #1
  • 1h 33m 16s
  • 9.51 miles
  • 09m 49s /Mi

Was supposed to be z1 for 60', then z2 for rest of this segment. BUT...I really can't run z1 pace. Then when I am supposed to run z2, it's just a touch too fast. Oy.

Run #2
  • 57m 56s
  • 6.01 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

after a longish transition to the Stinsons, refueling and going potty, I went out for the rest of the run, which was supposed to be 37' z2, last 20' as hard as could manage up to z3. Meh. Overall was faster than first 1.5 hours, but really didn't hit z2. z3 was ok, but needed walk breaks every mile. HR was high. So glad to be done!

Got it done on a gorgeous day at Stony. Tired. Wore the Bondi B's and switched out to the new Stinson lites at the car when refueling. Still not sure about them.

Fried Pickles may not have been the best choice to start my meal at 8:30 last night. The Oberon beer was spot on though. ;)

Wednesday - July 16

Bike
  • 53m 26s
  • 13.43 miles
  • 15.08 Mi/hr

eazy loop with Scribby. Still in recovery mode

Run
  • 29m 35s
  • 3.16 miles
  • 09m 22s /Mi

Brick with Tyla! I miss that woman!!! Lil too fast and chatty. :)

Swim
  • 1h 02m
  • 3229.22 meters
  • 01m 47s /100 meters

4 loops of T-rex course. Even in a wetsuit can't keep up with Tyla and Scribby sans wetsuits. LOL. Cath and Bob swam too. Regrouped every lap. Nice swim.

TrishM's Training Log

July 2014 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned