Bike
  • 1h 31m 43s
  • 25.09 miles
  • 16.41 Mi/hr

Bianchi from Jeff's house...Cranbrook road ride

Strength
  • 1h 10m

pt at home for hip, knee, glute
Fred for 50 minutes...lots of upper body and some lower leg combo stuff...some balance and core too.

I had a great workout with Fred today...he took it sort of easy on my legs (the scolding/threats worked!) and really worked my upper body with some balance and core work for good measure.  It was super humid in the gym, so I worked up a really good sweat.  It felt good actually!  My Bri guy went with me to the gym, walked on the treadmill by me when I warmed up, then split for the pool.  It was nice he went along!Laughing

So the weather was awful, and I had plans to do a road ride (I'm a total chicken about road riding) with Jeff from the GREYHOUNDS.  Yes we're going..no, we aren't...yes, we should go...no, we'll get poured on for sure...sunny...pouring!  AGGH!  So we decide to not go.  After a half hour of straight sunshine (and dinner and whining about not getting to ride, ) I called and said...WE SHOULD GO!  Yay for being pushy!  Jeff said yes, I changed and headed over! 

It was a really nice ride! I rode the Bianchi for the first time in SOOOO long!  Man I could totally tell the weight difference of the bikes, and I'm such a tri nerd...I kept going for my aero bars, which of course, wern't there!Surprised  It felt hard riding today, and we were mostly on flats.  Weird.  We finally hit the Cranbrook School area of Bloomfield Hills, and he didn't tell me about the monster climb we had to come.  Of course I wasn't prepared, Jeff took off and I SLOWLY,SLOWLY, SLOWLY spun up that puppy!  5 MPH baby!  Oh yeah, the quads were talking!!!  Thank GOODNESS I had the Bianchi and the triple!!!!  I hit 38mph on the downhill, which is my fastest descent ever, so I'm guessing it's my steepest climb too!  OY!  Now at least I know! 

It was really nice of Jeff to ride my pace and be the tour guide.  I will definately ride with him again (if he can stand to go slow again!), in spite of that nasty hill!  We hit Mr. B's for some chow and chat when we got back to Royal Oak and all the crotch rocket motorcycles were out cruising and reving their engines!  It's been a long time since I've been out in RO on a summer night.  Twas fun!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - July 22

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.16 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

On the path at ILRA from Kent Lake

Bike
  • 1h 24m 01s
  • 25.47 miles
  • 18.19 Mi/hr

2 loops at ILRA with Ranger

Another great day of training with Ranger.  I was grumpy and a bit sore when we started, but the bike and Ranger got me in a good mood quickly!  The run went really well for me considering my achilles on the left and calf on the right were sore.  I did a quick stretch of the achilles at the half way point, and that worked fine...as long as I held good form.  As usual, I ran faster with Ranger than I would have alone.  He's the bomb! 

The path at ILRA was very nice to run....it was like being up north with the towering pines and the fields.  So pretty!  I've only ridden on the road there, so it was all new to me...what a nice surprise! 

We stayed to cheer on Smoak, Coop, KzooJason, and Runnergirl plus a few FAST folks and Wendy from the Hounds.  Mike Woods was there volunteering so we hung out with him at his spot at bike in!  It rained for most of the race, but didn't seem to slow anyone down!  Everyone had a great race and fun....what more can you ask for than that??? :-)  Dr. Karl was there and worked on my achilles and calf a LONG time while every one was racing...that was a total bonus!!! 

After much chat with Runnergirl, I finally hit the road at 9:40, and driving out of the park I saw a ton of lightning bugs while listening to YoYo Ma....beautiful sights and sounds.  A perfect end to a really great day!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Tuesday - July 21

Run
  • 31m 46s
  • 3.16 miles
  • 10m 03s /Mi

neighborhood 3 mile route

Bike
  • 48m 14s
  • 13.11 miles
  • 16.31 Mi/hr

in neighborhood
8x90" one legged drills with 30" recovery each leg...clipped in.

Left shin, right calf and itb are sore today and very sore lower back.  Replaced the strides w/o scheduled for a nice trot in the neighborhood.  Still need to bike and stretch really well.  Might head to the bubble tub tonight for good measure! 

Kaity drove for 30 minutes and heres how it went:

1 red light cruised through
1 construction zone navigated pretty well
2 lights she didn't notice that had changed, with jerky braking to survive!
1 car that she turned right in front of and totally cut off, practically causing an accident. 
Yell

Pray for me people. Please.

*did an adjusted w/o on the bike.  Kept the time and did the one legged drills, just didn't do them quite as prescribed.  Legs felt fine, but my back is KILLING me!  I'm off to stretch, shower and take an Ibuprofin bomb.  800 mg baby.  I certainly hope it helps!!!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Monday - July 20

Swim
  • 32m 04s
  • 1300.00 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

200 wu
100 free
50 kick
500 pull
4x100 20" rest (2:04, 2:00,2:00, 1:59)
150 cd free and breast

Strength
  • 20m

pt for knee, hip, glute

Did a quick swim workout instead of following my plan per the Mike here at bt plan support.   I slept like crap last night...no idea why.  The only thing sore today is my right calf and my left shin.  Took a quick soak in the bubble tub after the swim.  Felt great in there!  Love love love the bubble tub!  I will do my race report tonight after I get back from Ann Arbor...just about to take Kaity for her lesson and to check out the campus a bit.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - July 19

Swim
  • 19m
  • 800.00 meters
  • 02m 23s /100 meters
Bike
  • 42m 14s
  • 12.40 miles
  • 17.62 Mi/hr
Run
  • 27m 52s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 59s /Mi
Raced Carls Happy Trails today...I'll get the race report up soon! 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 4

Saturday - July 18

Strength
  • 20m

pt for knee hip and glute

Sport
  • Transitions
  • 10m

one practice run of swim to bike to run at Sherries house

Just did a little transition practice today...planned on doing 2 times through, but the rain was getting all my stuff wet, and I was COLD!!! 

Went out to the lake, made up all the new beds with the new linens I just got today and got ready for the dinner with friends and family and the Summerfest Fireworks!  They were AWESOME!  It would have been nice to have the boat to check out some of the activitieson the lake today and of course the fireworks, but it was still in the repair shop.  Oh well, we will be better prepared for next years festivities!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Friday - July 17

Another day off...did ART, picked up the GREYHOUND jersey (finally!), laundry, drove with Kaity for 30 minutes (YIKES) and took a MAJOR power nap late this afternoon.  I am fighting a cold and getting way to little sleep now that summer school has kicked in!  After Kaity and I woke up (she napped too!) we all went to dinner at East Side Mario's for pasta....yum!  Love carbo loading for races! :-)

TrishM's Training Log

July 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned