High 60F
Low 40F

Monday - August 10

Swim
  • -----
  • 1800.00 meters
  • -----

LFT Rochester

I got to sleep in a bit, clean the house a bit, got my OATH welcome newsletter pulled together, printed, labeled and mailed to 160 families (whew...glad to have that off my plate), race report done, dinner on the table and THEN it was time to swim. 

Late night for me at the pool.  I had hoped to swim in the outdoor lap pool, but no go...got there after it closed.  Now I know...closes at 8!  I forgot the hr monitor, so I've no idea on time or hr...kinda nice actually!  I did my 3200m workout divided by half.   I was supposed to go at 90% for 4 100's,  but only managed one.  Fook that noise.  I did have a good workout overall though.  Hit the bubble tub for stretching and soaking and felt like I was in Europe.  No one was speaking english in either tub...WTH? 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Sunday - August 9

Bike
  • 35m 31s
  • 12.40 miles
  • 20.95 Mi/hr

sprint tri

Run
  • 27m 32s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi
Swim
  • 10m 14s
  • 400.00 meters
  • 02m 34s /100 meters

Sylvania sprint tri

Had a great race today in OH!  I was gunning for a PR on the bike and I exceeded my goal!  Woo Hoo!  I ended up being fast enough to get   1st in my age group, which was very nice icing on the bike pr cake.  I had a blast with Steve (he was especially sassy today!) and Karen, who both had pr's too and cheering on my teammate Sunshine to her first Olympic finish, not to mention cheering Jim, Carol,  and Danny from fast and Ron from Master swim!  Oh, and the beer was darn tasty!  Race report to come tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 4

Saturday - August 8

Off to OHIO in the rain.  :-(  Better today than tomorrow!  

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!  Laughing

Friday - August 7

Bike
  • 16m 45s
  • 4.76 miles
  • 17.05 Mi/hr

transition practice 3xaround the block

Strength
  • 20m

pt for knee, hip, glute

Welllll, today was to be an off day, but I really wanted to practice t1 and t2, so I did 3 runs through here at the house.  No swimming...just running with wet feet to see if baby powder and body glide help with the bike shoes.  Survey says, I don't know!  But, the body glide does help with removal I think, so yeah, that's good to know.  My hr got pretty high pretty quick on the bike and run....should be interesting on Sunday! 

I'm going to put on my bathing suit and wash my bike in the sun.  Cool

Tonight, we dine with the best neighbors evah, and I'm really looking forward to it! Laughing

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Thursday - August 6

Swim
  • 27m 02s
  • 1250.00 meters
  • 02m 10s /100 meters

1 lap Trout lake
13:10 out
13:52 back

Bike
  • 42m 54s
  • 12.50 miles
  • 17.48 Mi/hr

1 loop ILRA with Miss Jen...hr monitor was wonky...numbers are off

Sport
  • Massage
  • 45m

To quote my teammate Jeremy "Word to the taper!"  I got a lot of stuff done today! :-)  I had lots of energy to get some things done I've been avoiding taking care of, time for a massage (THANK YOU FOR THE REFERAL CAVE SISTER!  YOU ROCK!!!) and to check out Jogo's offices (yes, she is so important, she has more than one!) AND get out to ILRA for a swim, bike loop and mini t2 practice.  

I had lots of fun tonight...I got to see the hairy faced Travelmunky (he looks good!) and instead of just doing 5 minutes riding, and then practicing t2, I rode the whole loop with Jen...we laughed, talked the whole way and for the first time ever, I didn't even notice that 2nd climb on the way back to the Kent Lake lot...like I TOTALLY didn't notice it.  That's never happened before! SWEET!  Idid a tiny little bricky poo, and then chatted up Jen, Melissa (NATIONAL 10K SWIM CHAMP..1ST IN HER AG!  WAY TO GO MELISSA!!!), Jeff, Brad, Danny and Jim.  Good Times!

The bummer was Jamie and Jason were a bit late and we were ships that passed in Trout Lake. :-(

Wednesday - August 5

Bike
  • 44m 43s
  • 12.92 miles
  • 17.34 Mi/hr

45 min ride
15 wu
3x2' race pace effort w/ 3' ez between
15 cd

Run
  • 03m
  • 0.33 miles
  • 09m 05s /Mi

quick t2 practice from house up and down the street

Strength
  • 20m

hip,knee, glute pt

I think I went harder than race pace during the intervals...but if felt good and I hit 27 mph at one point...Sweet!  It was windy out so that was good...I know it will be windy on Sunday in the farmland!  Felt good on the teeny tiny brick.  I used body glide on the tri shoes, but I still struggle getting them off.  I'll practice this again later today, and tomorrow too.  I am NOT gonna have the bonehead  shoe move from Kensington on Sunday...maybe a new one, but not the shoe issue!

Tuesday - August 4

Bike
  • 43m 52s
  • 12.68 miles
  • 17.34 Mi/hr

Sylvania tri sprint bike course

Run
  • 24m 37s
  • 2.27 miles
  • 10m 50s /Mi

Sylvania sprint run course...sorta!

I met up with Rottieguy, Two hearted and Ranger to ride and run the course for this weekends tri in Sylvania.  I really like to ride/run the course before a race...I know lots of people would think it silly to drive all that way, but it really helps me out.  It's a nice flat course for the bike and run.  What a nice switcheroo from Kensington!Laughing  I think the weather will be a switcheroo too...it's gonna be hot...

Steve was our tour guide and we got the ride right, but when it came to the run, we followed the map to a T and it was about a mile short...don't know what we did wrong, but it will be marked for the race, so no worries.  Oops...forgot to tell Ranger we were running, so he chilled and waited for us...Sorry Ranger!  I'm so glad I get to race with Karen and Steve again!  We are going to have a blast Sunday! Cool

I hit Costco on the way home and totally forgot my car had the bike in it...Mmmmm, how am I going to fit all this food AND papertowels in the car?   Hmmmm.  All the rearranging of the dishes I do to maximize the dishwasher capacity...this skill finally came in handy! ;-)  I got home in time to help with dinner, shower and turn right around to take Kaity to her bass lesson.  When will that girl get her license??? The worst bit was I had planned to have her drive home, BUT she forgot her glasses, so no go.  Yell 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

TrishM's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance