Patchy rain nearby
High 51F
Low 38F

Saturday - August 15

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 2h 15m

Slow flow with Brian and Gentle with Maureen

Oh my gosh...that was awesome!  Jogo and I went to her yoga studio...classes were free today to celebrate the studios 7th year in business.

So, first we do slow flow...1:15 of total yoga goodness!  It was HOT, I was pouring in sweat, there was a guitarist playing and it was totally AWESOME!  Then, we had a smoothie and some nibbles while waiting for class 2.  I actually thought it was a bit harder cause we were holding poses for so long. but it was a great experience too!!!  I feel loose and my right bum is feeling better than it has in an age!  Laughing

And the kicker is I figured out between classes that Brian, the owner of the studio is someone I know.  I thought he looked familiar, then I realized he used to work out of the same real estate office as my brother when I was his assistant...many moons ago!  If I ever splurge on yoga classes I will totally support his studio! (and I just might....ahhhhhhh)  Small world!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Friday - August 14

Bike
  • 57m 10s
  • 17.47 miles
  • 18.34 Mi/hr

ILRA loop plus back of park from spring mill

Run
  • 56m 04s
  • 5.84 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

ILRA from spring mill with rr hill

ART appt, training with Ranger...beach after.  The water was awesome, and I did handstands and underwater swimming.  Fun in the lake...no goggles, lid, freestyle.  That was a blast!

The run kinda sucked though!  The oly is gonna be a challenge...that's for sure!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Thursday - August 13

Run
  • 25m 50s
  • 2.53 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi

15 wu
6x30" strides 45 foot strikes is goal
10 cd

Swim
  • 59m 26s
  • 2800.00 meters
  • -----

Trout Lake with rests between laps

lap 1 14:11
lap 2 14:14
lap 3 15:07
lap 4 15.54

Bike
  • 42m 14s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 18.61 Mi/hr

1 loop ILRA with rr hill

I was tech gear challenged today...on the run, I pressed stop instead of lap, so I missed several strides in the data.  On the bike the bike computer speed was being weird again and the hr monitor kept recording 0 then popping back on, then off again... that is after I started it late.  Laughing

I did however, have a very good time at ILRA...I got to swim with Ranger and  a couple of his IM buddies, Kevin (a hound) and his brother, Glen , Melissa, MSU Dan, and Miss Idaho Kimm .  Then I rode with Ranger just the loop in the park.  We ran into some more of Rangers friends (very nice fellows!) back at the parking lot, saw Jazz and Yeats with their lovely Miss Cody Bear and chatted them up!  GOOD LUCK AT PIGMAN JAZZ! Laughing  Another fun day at the park!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - August 12

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

2000m straight endurance
1000m split 22:15
2000m split 22:45

Run
  • 10m 30s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

warm up for Fred

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Fred for 1 hour. Lots of upper body, walking lunges, pushups and core today. Ow.

I love the Fred man, but ow.  He worked me pretty hard today, but I guess that's why I go to him!  :-)  Lots of upper body work even though I told him TWICE I had to swim 2000m after I left him.  Fred is not a merciful man.  But the swim was better than I'd expected.  My shoulder didn't bug me that much and I only had one tiny calf twinge. My splits for each 1000 were very consistant too, which was good to see.   Sweet.  Finished up by stretching in the lovely bubble tub.  Gosh, I really love hitting the bubbles after a swim! :-)

Now it's off to the bass lesson.  Might hit National Coney in Royal Oak for dinner tonight...all the cool cars are starting to be out and about for the Woodward Dream Cruise!  You can see a lot of the cars, without all the madness of cruise days.  :-)

*the boat is NOT fixed...the battery was NOT the issue...tomorrow the dealer is bringing the diagnostic equipment for the engine to the house to test the boat.  GRRRRRR.  It's August 12 and the boat has not run right ALL SUMMER!  Some one at Evinrude is gonna get an earful if they can't fix the issue pronto!*

On a more pleasant note... we hit the coney for dinner, but no cool cars, just bad (but so good) food for dinner.  Brian and I drove to Woodward and it was bumper to bumper...we cruised for 1 mile and spotted my teammate Jeff and his enourmous dog Newton heading to the pet store, and got to say hi!  Too fun!  We saw lots of VERY cool cars...Old Vettes, Mustangs galore, lots of cool Chevys,  a hot rod rigged with a keg on the back end, and the favorite of the night was just a mile from our house...a pink caddy with fins!  It was cool to cruise for the one mile, but more than that and I'd go bonkers!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Tuesday - August 11

Bike
  • 42m 31s
  • 11.81 miles
  • 16.67 Mi/hr

10wu
10x 30" standing sprints with 2' recovery
5cd

Run
  • 20m 06s
  • 2.20 miles
  • 09m 08s /Mi

Brick off bike...from house to wattles and back

Busy busy day today...looked at and made an offer on an investment property...the guy who lived there took EVERYTHING...cabinets, toilets, the bathtub, lite switches ,electric outlets.  He punched holes in the glass block windows in the basement, drilled a nickle sized hole in one of the kitchen floor tiles (right in the middle of the floor of course), cut all the electrical wiring in the basement, took the electric box from the basement, and according to the neighbor, killed a tree in the landscaping and some shrubs with poison on purpose.  Hmmmm...I think he was upset he lost his house to the bank.  I don't think we'll get it, but it would be a nice house eventually if we did.  We shall see! 

After doing all the figuring and paperwork, I just barely had time to get in my workouts.  I don't know why I always think short workouts will be easy.  Um, those sprints were HARD!  I really never get out of the saddle to climb, so yeah...very different from my usual routine.  Then my short run wasn't scheduled to be a brick, but it fit the timeline, so it became a brick.  My shins hurt for a couple minutes, but I felt pretty good on the rest of the run, and had a decent pace going.  That was nice.  I had to take a quick shower and run out the door without stretching to get Brian to his trumpet lesson, so I took a couple minutes to stretch outside in downtown Royal Oak.  Yes, I am a dork.  And no, I don't care if people think I'm a dork! :-)  I NEED to stretch, or bad things happen!

Then it was off to the lake house...the boat died again on Dave and Brian on Sunday.  He figured he basically ran out of gas, so we were going out to test the theory.  Um, the battery died before we left the dock.  Seriously...that boat is pissing me off big time.  So much for buying made in Michigan...we've had nothing but issues.  This one isn't a big deal, but yet another beautiful boating evening eluded me.  Dave and Brian headed home, but damn it...I was in my bathing suit and ready for some relaxing, so I got my runners magazine and read on the boat till the sun basically set.  Pffffft.  Stupid expensive brand new non working boat.  The battery is charging right now...it better flippin' work tomorrow...or I'm gonna lose it!

Kind of dreading working with Fred tomorrow...have a busy morning, Fred at noon and a big endurance swim afterwards.  Hope he doesn't kick my arse too badly! :-)

Monday - August 10

Swim
  • -----
  • 1800.00 meters
  • -----

LFT Rochester

I got to sleep in a bit, clean the house a bit, got my OATH welcome newsletter pulled together, printed, labeled and mailed to 160 families (whew...glad to have that off my plate), race report done, dinner on the table and THEN it was time to swim. 

Late night for me at the pool.  I had hoped to swim in the outdoor lap pool, but no go...got there after it closed.  Now I know...closes at 8!  I forgot the hr monitor, so I've no idea on time or hr...kinda nice actually!  I did my 3200m workout divided by half.   I was supposed to go at 90% for 4 100's,  but only managed one.  Fook that noise.  I did have a good workout overall though.  Hit the bubble tub for stretching and soaking and felt like I was in Europe.  No one was speaking english in either tub...WTH? 

Sunday - August 9

Bike
  • 35m 31s
  • 12.40 miles
  • 20.95 Mi/hr

sprint tri

Run
  • 27m 32s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 08m 53s /Mi
Swim
  • 10m 14s
  • 400.00 meters
  • 02m 34s /100 meters

Sylvania sprint tri

Had a great race today in OH!  I was gunning for a PR on the bike and I exceeded my goal!  Woo Hoo!  I ended up being fast enough to get   1st in my age group, which was very nice icing on the bike pr cake.  I had a blast with Steve (he was especially sassy today!) and Karen, who both had pr's too and cheering on my teammate Sunshine to her first Olympic finish, not to mention cheering Jim, Carol,  and Danny from fast and Ron from Master swim!  Oh, and the beer was darn tasty!  Race report to come tomorrow!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Stress: 2 Hours slept: 4

TrishM's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance