• 02m 30s /100 meters

WU 300 AND 6X50 10" rest
MS 8x100 20" rest
CD 200

All the 100's were 1:57 to 2:00

Strength
  • 20m

pt for hip,knee, glute

Busy day with the kids and paperwork today. 

I convinced the boys to join me at Rochester LTF to swim outside and bubble tub.  That was a good set that I actuallly got done in the prescribed time!  Woo Hoo!  That's never happened before!  It was so busy though...all 10 lap lanes had 2 people in them when I got there and I had to wait a few minutes (wet in the wind no less) for someone to hop out so I could get started.  Worth it though...I'd much rather swim outside than inside.  Soon enough inside will be the only option. Frown

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to look at cars.  I am ready for sticker shock...sort of. 

Howard has a major engine problem.  The engine got to 210 degrees with no warning lights or buzzers....not good.  We probably won't have
it repaired for another week at least. Bummer.

I am trying not to sweat the small stuff though...I got some news of a family friend who isn't doing well.  She's been fighting cancer off and  on for years, and it doesn't look good.  I am praying for her, her husband and her doctors.  I am so greatful for all my healthy body lets me do everyday that I take for granted. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Monday - August 17

Run
  • 1h 00m 06s
  • 5.88 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi
I scooted out to Port Huron tonight to drive the bike course and run the run course.  I feel so much better when I know what to expect.  The water was looking kinda rough tonight...I sure hope it's not too windy on Sunday!

The bike is a pretty nice course with some longish hills ( but not too steep) at the back of the course, but the first and last 6 or 7 miles are pretty flat. 

The run is really nice!!!  I was running in dusk and dark, and it was really pretty for most of it.  I was trying to follow the directions I'd written, walked a few times here and there to find my way, stopped once to get directions all on the way out.  I didn't follow the map correctly...could not find the last turn around, but I got the gist of the run. 

The run back along the riverfront was probably my most blissful bit of running ever...There were people out fishing, walking their dogs, rollerblading, holding hands...the bridge was lit up and beautiful, the water looked so pretty, and on my ipod was my daughters Carnagie Hall performace!!!  Total bliss.   When I got about a mile from the park, I picked up the pace...I was sucking wind when I got to the car!  That was kinda fun!  After stretching, I hit the road about 10:15!  Long sweaty drive home.  Still haven't decided if I'll stay overnight or drive it in at the crack of dawn! 

Thank you to Sue and George for their directions and link to the maps!  YOU ROCK!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 9.5

Sunday - August 16

Bike
  • 1h 11m 15s
  • 22.24 miles
  • 18.73 Mi/hr

2 full loops at Stoney with golf and nature center while Jogo ran!

Run
  • 08m 47s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

brick from boat launch

Jogo and I hit Stoney Creek...she for her long run (WOWZA! 8+ miles in this heat!) and me for a ride and tiny brick.  We met a nice fellow while soaking our tootsies after our workout...4 IM, and just got back from the senior olympics in Cali.  Yikes! 

Jo had an awesome long run and I had a nice bike...felt good after a day of yoga, and the little brick was good too!  The legs know when I'm only running one mile! :-

Props to my Jogo for a nice long run in the heat...one mile was plenty for me today!  We laughed a lot...I'm so glad we got to train together today! Laughing ((((HUGS)))) JO!

Now I'm off to shower, and hit my sisters (aka my favorite summer time restuarant) to goof in the lake...Howard the Pontoon boat is still dead in the water (GRRRRR) so it's good to have options!  Sun and Fun here I come!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - August 15

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 2h 15m

Slow flow with Brian and Gentle with Maureen

Oh my gosh...that was awesome!  Jogo and I went to her yoga studio...classes were free today to celebrate the studios 7th year in business.

So, first we do slow flow...1:15 of total yoga goodness!  It was HOT, I was pouring in sweat, there was a guitarist playing and it was totally AWESOME!  Then, we had a smoothie and some nibbles while waiting for class 2.  I actually thought it was a bit harder cause we were holding poses for so long. but it was a great experience too!!!  I feel loose and my right bum is feeling better than it has in an age!  Laughing

And the kicker is I figured out between classes that Brian, the owner of the studio is someone I know.  I thought he looked familiar, then I realized he used to work out of the same real estate office as my brother when I was his assistant...many moons ago!  If I ever splurge on yoga classes I will totally support his studio! (and I just might....ahhhhhhh)  Small world!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5

Friday - August 14

Bike
  • 57m 10s
  • 17.47 miles
  • 18.34 Mi/hr

ILRA loop plus back of park from spring mill

Run
  • 56m 04s
  • 5.84 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

ILRA from spring mill with rr hill

ART appt, training with Ranger...beach after.  The water was awesome, and I did handstands and underwater swimming.  Fun in the lake...no goggles, lid, freestyle.  That was a blast!

The run kinda sucked though!  The oly is gonna be a challenge...that's for sure!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Thursday - August 13

Run
  • 25m 50s
  • 2.53 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi

15 wu
6x30" strides 45 foot strikes is goal
10 cd

Swim
  • 59m 26s
  • 2800.00 meters
  • -----

Trout Lake with rests between laps

lap 1 14:11
lap 2 14:14
lap 3 15:07
lap 4 15.54

Bike
  • 42m 14s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 18.61 Mi/hr

1 loop ILRA with rr hill

I was tech gear challenged today...on the run, I pressed stop instead of lap, so I missed several strides in the data.  On the bike the bike computer speed was being weird again and the hr monitor kept recording 0 then popping back on, then off again... that is after I started it late.  Laughing

I did however, have a very good time at ILRA...I got to swim with Ranger and  a couple of his IM buddies, Kevin (a hound) and his brother, Glen , Melissa, MSU Dan, and Miss Idaho Kimm .  Then I rode with Ranger just the loop in the park.  We ran into some more of Rangers friends (very nice fellows!) back at the parking lot, saw Jazz and Yeats with their lovely Miss Cody Bear and chatted them up!  GOOD LUCK AT PIGMAN JAZZ! Laughing  Another fun day at the park!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - August 12

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 02m 15s /100 meters

2000m straight endurance
1000m split 22:15
2000m split 22:45

Run
  • 10m 30s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 10m 30s /Mi

warm up for Fred

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Fred for 1 hour. Lots of upper body, walking lunges, pushups and core today. Ow.

I love the Fred man, but ow.  He worked me pretty hard today, but I guess that's why I go to him!  :-)  Lots of upper body work even though I told him TWICE I had to swim 2000m after I left him.  Fred is not a merciful man.  But the swim was better than I'd expected.  My shoulder didn't bug me that much and I only had one tiny calf twinge. My splits for each 1000 were very consistant too, which was good to see.   Sweet.  Finished up by stretching in the lovely bubble tub.  Gosh, I really love hitting the bubbles after a swim! :-)

Now it's off to the bass lesson.  Might hit National Coney in Royal Oak for dinner tonight...all the cool cars are starting to be out and about for the Woodward Dream Cruise!  You can see a lot of the cars, without all the madness of cruise days.  :-)

*the boat is NOT fixed...the battery was NOT the issue...tomorrow the dealer is bringing the diagnostic equipment for the engine to the house to test the boat.  GRRRRRR.  It's August 12 and the boat has not run right ALL SUMMER!  Some one at Evinrude is gonna get an earful if they can't fix the issue pronto!*

On a more pleasant note... we hit the coney for dinner, but no cool cars, just bad (but so good) food for dinner.  Brian and I drove to Woodward and it was bumper to bumper...we cruised for 1 mile and spotted my teammate Jeff and his enourmous dog Newton heading to the pet store, and got to say hi!  Too fun!  We saw lots of VERY cool cars...Old Vettes, Mustangs galore, lots of cool Chevys,  a hot rod rigged with a keg on the back end, and the favorite of the night was just a mile from our house...a pink caddy with fins!  It was cool to cruise for the one mile, but more than that and I'd go bonkers!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

TrishM's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance