Bike
  • 1h 47m 45s
  • 34.42 miles
  • 19.17 Mi/hr

Felt cottage to Bay Port and back
15 wu
4x15' 65-70 cadence with 5 minutes recovery
10 cd

That was a trip down biking memory lane!  It was great to ride flat  M-25 along the lake again today!  It's been years since I've ridden it and it was fun to see what's changed and stayed the same.  The shoulder was under construction...it's being widened to the width of Hines Drive which is cool, but made for lots of orange barrels to avoid and gravel on the black top.  It was a perfect place to do the big gear intervals I had scheduled though.  I've never done them before, and I was surprised at the mph I could hit in such big gears and low cadences.  It was good to ride someplace so flat with Sylvania coming next Sunday and being a flat bike route.  I had a NASTY headwind on the way out to Caseville and Bay Port, and had hoped to really be cruising on the return trip, but alas, MR. HEADWIND decided to become a CROSSWIND and I really didn't get the push I was hoping for.  It was still a REALLY good ride though.  I could ride out there forever!

After I got back to the cottage, I bs'ed with Mary's family a while, then hit the beach for some sun (and unfortunately, to be pelted a bit with sand and all that wind!)  There were lots of whitecaps and it was so relaxing listening to the waves crashing while reading and watching Bri and his new buddy Justin swim.  Then, the food...lots and lots of food.  Fudge is a family tradition and I had my fair share...and blueberry pie, and cookies, and candy...my brother brought LOTS of candy...UGH!  Dave stopped to get corn on the way home from a farm stand, and low and behold...rasberry pie!  Yes, I tasted that when I got home...he insisted...and it was quite yummy!Thank goodness it's back to reality in the morning!  MOO! 

Finished off a great day with Jogo and red wine and Army wives.  Yep, I'm a lucky (full of sugar) girl! ;-)

Lake Huron this afternoon!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8

Saturday - August 1

Friday - July 31

Bike
  • 1h 54m 33s
  • 33.64 miles
  • 17.62 Mi/hr

1 loop Kensington with Buno, 1 loop ILRA, East boat to Buno and back

Run
  • 30m 21s
  • 3.18 miles
  • 09m 32s /Mi

15 minutes out and back at Kensington

I was ACTUALLY on time...its a miracle!  I had to wait for someone for a change!!!  Yay for being on time!!!

Man, I am so glad those guys had 2.5 hours in the saddle by the time I showed up...YIKES!  I had my painful ART appt. and was feeling a bit tired, but Ranger, Steve and Steve are BEASTS so I HTFU and got going!  I felt pretty good (surprisingly) at Kensington , but slowed down a bit at the back of ILRA.  I rode with Steve (Rangers buddy) and Ranger for 30 minutes after Steve (rottieguy) pulled off to run to hit my time on the plan.  It really was a great day to be riding.  Big blue puffy clouds and mild temps.  Very nice indeed! Another great day of training with Ranger and Crew! Thanks guys!  I had a great time!!!!

The run went pretty well considering my long run yesterday and the hilly route for the bike today.  My running is definately coming along.  Now if I can just stay injury free and healthy...that is the tricky bit!Laughing

I'm off to Port Austin...Big Fat Rest Day here I come!  Woo Hoo!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Thursday - July 30

Run
  • 1h 15m 02s
  • 7.81 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

from house...dropped h20 bottle at end of street...got to it just about half way and needed the water.

Swim
  • 29m 30s
  • 1250.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

Trout lake...no wetsuit

Bike
  • 43m 45s
  • 12.50 miles
  • 17.14 Mi/hr

1 loop ILRA with Carol from fast

Did a long (for me) run this a.m.  Felt pretty good through out it.  Glad I dropped a bottle at the end of the street, cause after 4 miles I needed it.  The left achilles and right knee were letting me know they were tired...not painful, but aware of the issues unlike the beginning of the run.  Good thing I get ART tomorrow! 

Looking forward to fishy and riding tonight.  A nap may be in my near future! Pffft.  Yeah, right. 

*took a 20 minute lay down...no sleep, just rest.  Then headed out to ILRA, but forgot my swim bag...DOH!  I had extra goggles, my mini towel for transition, and Jason lent me a lid!  THANKS JASON!  I forgot to start the watch on the way over, so I guessed at a little slower than on the way back for my time.  My bike computer was wonky for the first part of the ride (GRRRRR) and of course, I didn't start the watch at the beginning of the ride, soooooo, it is a guestimate based on the avg speed the bike did record.  I had fun chasing Carol tonight!  She was speedy!  I missed Runnergirl (BOOOO FOR WORK) and had a nice time catching up with MSU Dan, and meeting Detroit Dan!  Many Dan's tonight!  The icing on the cake was on the way home...I got to enjoy the most beautiful evening sky...it made me smile!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - July 29

Swim
  • 19m
  • 800.00 meters
  • 02m 23s /100 meters

2 laps Spring Mill Pond w/ Coop with 2 rest stops

Bike
  • 48m 30s
  • 13.77 miles
  • 17.04 Mi/hr

1 loop with hill at ILRA

Strength
  • 45m

Fred at LTF

CAN'T STOP EATING!!!  Just had to get that out of my system!
I had another busy day today...lots of running around sandwiched between a workout with Fred, and heading out to ILRA to swim and ride with Coop followed by more running about...but I did get a lot done. 

I had a great time swimming and riding with Mr. Steelhead (Coop is totally ready for this weekend!) and we had some great weather...rained in Novi on the way out there, but we had sunshine and big puffy clouds for our playdate! :-

I had some stuff to drop off at the  lake, and just after I left, I got a call from Dave about the boat...turn around!  Howard is ready to be delivered!  (Howard is the name Kaity and my neighbor daughter decided to give the pontoon boat...why...I have no idea!)  so instead of fighting rush hour traffic, I got to get the boat back in the water.  Since I was missing dinner, I decided to take a jacuzzi...ahhhhh.  Love that thing! 

Why all the eating?  I have no clue.  Today, no full meals, but probably more calories than a normal day cause I'll I've done is EAT!  MOO!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - July 28

Run
  • 50m 01s
  • 4.56 miles
  • 10m 58s /Mi

wu 15
8x30" strides 45 left strikes
cd 15

Bike
  • 35m
  • 8.27 miles
  • 14.18 Mi/hr

felt on trainer
wu 10'
ms 8'@100rpm, 4'@110rpm, 2'@120rpm or highest sustainable
cd 10'

Wowza...2 short but tough workouts.  I'm still ouchie in the back, but after a few minutes the running actually loosened things up.  Of course, after I was done and streched...back to ouchie.  Later I did the trainer workout in the cave.  Man, that was nuts!  I was pouring in sweat...it was evil, yet fun.  Thank goodness it was short!   I had hoped not to do any trainer work this summer, but there's no way I could have had the same workout on the streets in the neighborhood, or even on Hines.  I had a super busy (and productive for once) day, with another one on tap for tomorrow.   Looking forward to fishy and riding with Coop!  Fred, not so muchKiss

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Monday - July 27

Strength
  • 20m

for hip, knee, glute

The ipod...it lives!  Yay for rice and it's absorbent qualities!

Just noticed I'm over 1000 miles on the Felt as of yesterdays ride, AND I've run over 50 miles this month...a new month mileage high and the month isn't over yet!  Woo Hoo!  I'm having back pain today, so I am taking yet another big fat rest day.  Dinner with the Birthday Girl is my main activity for the day!

This is my birthday girl!  She was asked to model last Saturday for a friend's photo shoot at OU.... isn't she lovely??? 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

TrishM's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance