SATURDAY
Light drizzle
High 37F
Low 32F
SUNDAY
Overcast
High 47F
Low 25F
Got my new snappy red and black helmet and my bike computer was working today...good omens I am sure!  

I decided to stay in PH so I am running around getting packed today...I will drive the bike course once more and possibly ride the run course.  Then I'm gonna take a swimmy in the hotel pool for FUN!  :-)

Run
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

transition practice

Bike
  • 12m
  • -----
  • -----

transition practice

Strength
  • 20m

pt for hip, knee and glute

I woke up at 4am HUNGRY!!!  Unbelievable!!!  I have been soooo hungry these past few days...I don't get it!?! I eat...I mean I EAT!  If you know me at all, you know I LOVE TO EAT!  So what gives?  Pasta for dinner tonight to carbo load for Sunday...and maybe for lunch too....maybe then I can sleep through the night with no food!!!

Today is supposed to be off, but I may do a few t2 practices for good measure.  Freak...thats me.  Tongue out *did a couple transition practices with quick rides and runs from home.   It went eh. Speed on the computer ( and time) won't work.  HR monitor showed 205 as the hr when I started it...tech issues once again.  Got the garmin cadence thing, but will have to take the cateye completely off to use it...not sure if I want to monkey with it all so close to a race. Maybe I will...maybe I won't!*

Howard the pontoon is getting a new "head" for the engine.  The line from the shop  now is that we SHOULD have it back in the water next Friday...yeah, right   (AUGUST29th for Pete's sake!)  .  I'd love to get my hopes up, but no...I won't.  Time will tell.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 24m 55s
  • 1250.00 meters
  • 01m 59s /100 meters

Trout Lake---Very windy and choppy, wetsuit
out 13:05
back 11:50

Bike
  • 42m
  • 12.40 miles
  • 17.71 Mi/hr

hr monitor started late, bike computer not working...time is estimate...1 loop ILRA

I had a productive day...got the bills payed, found out I've bought an investment house, got Kaity scheduled for senior pictures, and did some (evil) laundry.  Then I boogied out to ILRA, and hit a huge traffic jam...I had hoped to hit the park early, but no, I just BARELY made it in time for the walk to Trout lake!  I was happy it was windy, cause I wanted a rough swim just in case Sunday has rough water, and man did I get my wish!  Yikes!  As Coop has dubbed it, it was Trout Sea yesterday!  Very choppy and wavey...a perfect confidence builder for me!  YAY!  I wore my wetsuit (thank goodness) and drank way more of the lake than I want to think about, but I found a groove, used the bilateral breathing to my advantage, and had a decent swim.  Laughing  Oh, and the bonus?  The bonus is my awesome teammate baby mama Sushigirl was there for the first time this year!!!  Welcome back Sushigirl!!!

Then the bike...we conned Jen riding a bit with us (yay for peer pressure!) and that was awesome!  After she turned back we cruised along until Ranger caught Kimm and I at the turnaround at the back of the park.  Coop thought he'd catch us on the big hill, but my captain put the hammer down and I chased her!!!  Idaho agrees with that girl!  She be STRONG on the bike!:-)

Bonus #2...Jogo was at the lot when we got back, and Jen and Jon were still there, so we all got to chat!  That was such a nice surprise to see Jo!!! 

I was starving (even after eating a banana with Jen after the swim, and a gel) so I conned Ranger into stopping at a coney for some chow.  I ate soup and a burger, and finally felt full for the first time in a couple days!!! What is up with that?  We had a nice time talking about IMKY.  He is so calm and collected.  I would be in full panic mode at this point I think!  He is going to kick some Kentucky ASS, that's for sure!!!  WOOT RANGER!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 47m 02s
  • 13.53 miles
  • 17.26 Mi/hr

1 loop ILRA w/ Trixie, Ranger and Jen

Forogt my running shoes :-(

Had a flat when I took the bike out of the car and got greasy changing it with a little help from my friends (Thanks Jen and Ranger) :-)

Had a nice ride

Laughed my fanny off with Jen and Trixie in the water :-0

Ate well with my friends

Fell in love with Joey the puppy

Cheered for LOTS of friends...Jen, Jason, Sue, Cheryl, Dan, Danny, Steve, Jim, Lana...I hope I didn't forget anyone!  :-) 

Had lots of fun socializing after the race

Yet another great day at ILRA!

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

WU 300 AND 6X50 10" rest
MS 8x100 20" rest
CD 200

All the 100's were 1:57 to 2:00

Strength
  • 20m

pt for hip,knee, glute

Busy day with the kids and paperwork today. 

I convinced the boys to join me at Rochester LTF to swim outside and bubble tub.  That was a good set that I actuallly got done in the prescribed time!  Woo Hoo!  That's never happened before!  It was so busy though...all 10 lap lanes had 2 people in them when I got there and I had to wait a few minutes (wet in the wind no less) for someone to hop out so I could get started.  Worth it though...I'd much rather swim outside than inside.  Soon enough inside will be the only option. Frown

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to look at cars.  I am ready for sticker shock...sort of. 

Howard has a major engine problem.  The engine got to 210 degrees with no warning lights or buzzers....not good.  We probably won't have
it repaired for another week at least. Bummer.

I am trying not to sweat the small stuff though...I got some news of a family friend who isn't doing well.  She's been fighting cancer off and  on for years, and it doesn't look good.  I am praying for her, her husband and her doctors.  I am so greatful for all my healthy body lets me do everyday that I take for granted. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 1h 00m 06s
  • 5.88 miles
  • 10m 13s /Mi
I scooted out to Port Huron tonight to drive the bike course and run the run course.  I feel so much better when I know what to expect.  The water was looking kinda rough tonight...I sure hope it's not too windy on Sunday!

The bike is a pretty nice course with some longish hills ( but not too steep) at the back of the course, but the first and last 6 or 7 miles are pretty flat. 

The run is really nice!!!  I was running in dusk and dark, and it was really pretty for most of it.  I was trying to follow the directions I'd written, walked a few times here and there to find my way, stopped once to get directions all on the way out.  I didn't follow the map correctly...could not find the last turn around, but I got the gist of the run. 

The run back along the riverfront was probably my most blissful bit of running ever...There were people out fishing, walking their dogs, rollerblading, holding hands...the bridge was lit up and beautiful, the water looked so pretty, and on my ipod was my daughters Carnagie Hall performace!!!  Total bliss.   When I got about a mile from the park, I picked up the pace...I was sucking wind when I got to the car!  That was kinda fun!  After stretching, I hit the road about 10:15!  Long sweaty drive home.  Still haven't decided if I'll stay overnight or drive it in at the crack of dawn! 

Thank you to Sue and George for their directions and link to the maps!  YOU ROCK!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 9.5
Bike
  • 1h 11m 15s
  • 22.24 miles
  • 18.73 Mi/hr

2 full loops at Stoney with golf and nature center while Jogo ran!

Run
  • 08m 47s
  • 1.02 miles
  • 08m 37s /Mi

brick from boat launch

Jogo and I hit Stoney Creek...she for her long run (WOWZA! 8+ miles in this heat!) and me for a ride and tiny brick.  We met a nice fellow while soaking our tootsies after our workout...4 IM, and just got back from the senior olympics in Cali.  Yikes! 

Jo had an awesome long run and I had a nice bike...felt good after a day of yoga, and the little brick was good too!  The legs know when I'm only running one mile! :-

Props to my Jogo for a nice long run in the heat...one mile was plenty for me today!  We laughed a lot...I'm so glad we got to train together today! Laughing ((((HUGS)))) JO!

Now I'm off to shower, and hit my sisters (aka my favorite summer time restuarant) to goof in the lake...Howard the Pontoon boat is still dead in the water (GRRRRR) so it's good to have options!  Sun and Fun here I come!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
Time