WEDNESDAY
Cloudy
High 50F
Low 39F

Monday - August 31

Strength
  • 20m

pt for hip, knee, glute

Putting on the orchestra picnic today..at least it is a bit warmer than yesterday! 

Crap..I can't believe how packed my schedule will be in 8 short days.  I have a SENIOR!  AHHHHHHHHHH!  College apps, letters of recomendatation, performances, auditions,...then there is MR. I Don't Want to do my Homework starting 7th grade. 

So it goes...let the nagging begin!!!  Next week that is. Laughing

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Sunday - August 30

Run
  • 55m 32s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 08m 58s /Mi

Run leg of Oly relay at Pontiac Lake Race...slightly rolling in sections..mostly flat

What a chilly day to race!  It was Trish against Trish in the RACING GREYHOUNDS relay team challenge today!  We had so much fun except for the freezing part!  Laughing Paul from the Greyhounds and  Sue came to cheer us on and man, did she look warm in the parka, earwarmers, and mittens! Laughing  Thanks you two for getting out of your warm and toasty beds to come cheer for us!!!

Props to Marian and Sushi for swimming in that chilly water (and Coop, Jason, Jeff, Kathy and Kellie too!) Sushi got Sunshine out on the bike first, then the wetsuitless (Surprised) Marian was in and it was time for Kimm to go.  About 1:25 chilly minutes later, Sunshine came screaming into t2 first  saying "KIMMS RIGHT ON MY ASS!"  so the chip was passed and I took off!  A bit to fast I think! :-)  But it was very exciting! I settled into my pace with no HR info (forgot the "brain" back in Troy) so all I had was time.  Tried to time each mile, but screwed that up...ah well.  The best part was high fiving Coop and Trish out on the run course!  That was awesome! It's so much fun to race with friends!!!  And MAJOR PROPS to Trish who ran her 1st EVER 10k yesterday in the race!  Way to go girl!!!

When all was said and done, we took our frozen selves over to the lake house for bbq and beer and LOTS of food and fun.   The boat actually was working and the sun came out later in the afternoon so Dave could take us out on a little cruise.  

Of course the other thing we did at the house was track our IM buds!!!  The mojo was flowing to Louisville and Petosky and man did it pay off!  Woot!  BT RAWK SQUAD makes us proud!  What a great day for racing! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5

Saturday - August 29

Run
  • 29m 37s
  • 3.22 miles
  • 09m 12s /Mi

neighborhood 3 miler

Strength

pt for hip, knee, glute

Really nice run in the sun and cooler temps.  I hope I do well for team "Racing Greyhound in a China Shop" tomorrow...gonna take a soak in the bubble tub tonight at the lake house. :-)  Anything for the team! ;-)

OMG!  Good luck to Ranger, Brickey and Girl Goin' Long!!!  17 hours and it's GO TIME for IMKY!!!!  WOOT!!!

And Lots of Mojo heading to Breakwater too...GO YEATS AND JAZZ!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Friday - August 28

Harold the pontoon boat LIVES!  The boat is back in the drink and running like a top.  Too bad it's FREEZING out!  I'm going for a boat ride tomorrow evening anyhow!!!

The legs enjoyed having the day off! Laughing

Thursday - August 27

Run #1
  • 29m 30s
  • 3.22 miles
  • 09m 10s /Mi

neighborhood 3 miler

Run #2
  • 10m 12s
  • 1.00 miles
  • 10m 12s /Mi

warm up for Fred

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Fred at LTF...little of every thing...felt GREAT!

Now that was a nice little run.  Felt good and relaxed, the hr monitor actually worked, and no icky stomach.  BUT...the bank sign said 60 degrees...on August 27 at 10:49am?  WTF?  Where the heck did the summer weather get off to? 

Off to get Brian the 7th grade schedule, and work with 'Fred...it's gonna hurt...I just know it! :-)

*Why is it harder to go a 10:10 min mile pace on a treadmill than it is to 9:10 outside?  Why?????*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Wednesday - August 26

Bike
  • 1h 17m
  • 22.00 miles
  • 17.14 Mi/hr

willow metro park with Ranger

Run
  • 19m 47s
  • 2.25 miles
  • 08m 47s /Mi
Rode and ran in the rain with Ranger...my hr monitor is crapping out on me, so no hr info, and of course, the bike computer was persnickity, but Dave knew the distance.  Apart from almost wiping out on a downhill where I crossed the paint line, it was a pretty nice ride... wet and dirty, but nice!  The brick felt good, after yesterdays crapper run.  It's a little late in the season, but  I should really do more short bricks like that!  :-)  Guess on the run distance...the garmin is packed for Rangers big adventure! Go Ranger Go!

The house deal is off...went back through the property and decided against the buy.  Tom has never been iffy before on a property, so we are trusting his gut on this one.  I know he'll find another property for us to invest in,so I'm good with it. 

The birds were flying in flocks today...usually I really enjoy watching them, but I know what it means, and I'm not ready....I'm not ready for autumn colors, football or sweaters.  :-(

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.5

Tuesday - August 25

Run
  • 33m
  • 3.22 miles
  • 10m 15s /Mi

neighborhood 3 miler

Quite possibly one of my worst runs ever.  4  hours sleep and an upset empty stomach...not pretty.  The hamstrings were tight today too.  High heart rate at slow pace...ehhhh.  Hit the stop button on the garmin 2 minutes in and didn't figure it out for quite a while...I have some serious issues with being the master of my technology! Going to take a nap and hope I feel better when I wake up.

The race report is up...at least I got something done when I was up too late last night.

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 4

TrishM's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Volume

Time
Distance