From LTF...LL to Coolidge to Northfield Pkwy past THS,then back to LTF

Swim
  • 11m
  • 500.00 meters
  • 02m 12s /100 meters

500 free straight to loosen up after run

Strength
  • 1h 00m

Fred...45 second intervals again...this time in the gym. Lots of agility moves, jumping rope,pushups and some killer core at the end. Oy.

That bass boy is on my sh*t list!  Mama Marshall is NOT pleased.  The fellow who forgot his bass for string camp (that I arranged to get to him and save his arse)  was SUPPOSED to pick up my daughter for sectional rehearsal this morning at 6:35am...but he was a no show.  Not cool...so I had to drive my Kaity to the high school...he's just lucky it's not cold out yet!  He's gonna get the stink eye big time when I see him next! ;-)

I had a great workout with the Fred Man...I didn't even tell him that I hated him today! :-)  We did lots of endurance agility type stuff with some killer core work at the end.  Ow.  Then he stretched out the legs for me and I went for my 4 mile run.  I did a much better job running slower today (thank you Fred!) and really enjoyed the morning weather!  When I got back to LTF, I went for a quick swim to loosen up before hitting the bubble tub to relax and stretch.  Ahhhhhh!  Love Love Love the bubble tub!  I don't know why it is, but these last two no pressure no goal swims have been very good.  I felt good in the water, just plugging along thinking a bit about my form and counting laps.  How do I do that when I have a set I need to do?  That is the question of the day!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6
Run
  • 55m 48s
  • 5.50 miles
  • 10m 09s /Mi

on treadmill at LTF

• 9 wu
  • 6x.50 mile with .2 between repeats
    .5 cd

Terrible workout today.  I had really bad stomach cramps that only lessened up during the repeats, then came back during the recovery. It was much harder to run at 8:34 repeat pace on the treadmill than when I ran 8:22 pace  repeats at the track.  My hr monitor was wonky again too... no data for me to look at.

So, for a bad workout, I take away this...I didn't want to go in the first place, and I did.  I figure I got some good mental training by not quiting even though my body was not being nice with the tummy ache.  And I am convinced I got faster today. 

So there, bad workout.  I win.Tongue out

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25
    Run
    • 1h 06m 25s
    • 6.01 miles
    • 11m 03s /Mi
    Met Karen at ILRA for a really nice run in the humidity and lite rain.  We gabbed the whole way (no surprise there on my end!) and had fun.  Laughing 

Just as I was leaving the park I got the "Mom, I'm sick... come and get me" call from Brian...no house cleaning for me afterall today.  I am making him soup right now and sending him to bed to rest...then I'll finally get my shower!  Pffew...I need it!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.25
    Run
    • 1h 38m 41s
    • 10.13 miles
    • 09m 44s /Mi

Hines drive with Ranger for 8, 2 by myself

Bad mood corrected by good company and physical exertion...just as it should be.  Left calf got a little grumpy at mile 5 but no other complaints than that. 

I get to run with Karen tomorrow, and see the house I bought...that I haven't seen yet.  Yep, I do stuff like that!  Trust my partner totally, so it's all good!   

Off to Jogo's to celebrate her half mary yesterday, and check out the cool medal!  :-)

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8.75
    Bike
    • 3h 04m
    • 29.00 miles
    • 9.46 Mi/hr

Tour De Troit with Sherry and her biking gal pals

What a great day to go for a tour!  I had a really nice time on the Tour De Troit with Sherry and her riding gal pals.   We saw lots of the sights of the city...Corktown, Mexican Village, the riverfront, Ren Cen, Indian Village mansions, the Heidleberg project...all good stuff!  And of course, some not good stuff...burnt out frames of homes, overgrown lots (lots of those)  and  a huge dead rat .....EWWWWW!   

I had  a great time going slow and taking it all in...I saw fellow Greyhound Paul before, at the sag stop and at the end, and Kathleen from FAST during the ride.  I saw Kimm in the distance, but never caught up to her!  They even had beer at the finish (but it did take like 50 minutes in line to actually get it...I so was not leaving with out the beer though!)  I will probably do the ride again, and maybe even the metric century option. 

I blew off the 5 miles I was supposed to run...just didn't have the motivation after having a beer.  Innocent

That was the good part of the day...when I got home I did the STUPIDEST thing....I scratched the back end of my NEW CAR!!!  I am soooo pissed at myself.  It was a boneheaded move...totally my fault and very FRUSTRATING!  I can never keep anything nice! Crap...I know it's gonna cost me plenty to get it repaired.  I am trying to look for the positives these days, but in this case... I can't seem to find it.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.25
    Super busy day again today...drove all over town getting errands done...Troy, Livonia, Northville, Oakland Twp...ugh.  No workouts to jam in though! A nice rest day to enjoy being sore!  

I'm really looking forward to the ride tomorrow with Sherry!  Might squeeze in my scheduled 5 miler afterwards...or maybe not.  We shall see! 

Signed up for the Running Fit training run out on Hines next Saturday.  I figure I can use the chance to try out my clothes etc. to see how it all goes.  Should be good...hope the weather is nice for it!

Run
    • 59m 36s
    • 6.03 miles
    • 09m 53s /Mi

From house in Newtons...Livernois to LL to Coolidge to Wattles

Swim
    • 14m
    • 500.00 meters
    • 02m 48s /100 meters

500 straight, last 50 nice and slow to cd

Sport
    • Massage
    • 1h 00m

Ahhhhh. one hour of heaven and hell in the hands of
    AnnaMarie!

Busy day...half done.  I'm driving a fun little Focus while my Edge gets new rims, console and headliner installed.  Got my  6 miles in (kept my pace more even today...except when the fun songs with a quicker beat came on!) before heading up to have lunch with Joanne before my massage!  OMG!  Pain and being totally relaxed...then back to pain.  I felt like I was drugged (in a really good way) when I left!  Ahhhh! 

Now...be the enforcer of slacker 12 year old who doesn't want to do his work, make dinner, get Kaity driving to OU for orchestra...(first time for this trip), help her organize clothes for her senior pictures tomorrow, hit the pool while she rehearses, and back home to poop out. 

I miss Thursday nights at ILRA...:-(

*I had a series of mishaps...Kaity couldn't drive as she forgot her glasses at a friends house after school, I realized I had no handbag at OU, so no ID or gym card...back to the house, picked up the pants she hates and went back out to Rochester Hills to return them, THEN hit the pool.  I was feeling really stiff and sore, so just swam 500 straight and hit the bubble tub to stretch afterwards.  Smart move on the swim...it felt really good to be in the pool and then the bubbles!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.75

TrishM's Training Log

September 2009 
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
       1 2 3 4 5
    6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    13 14 15 16 17 18 19
    20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    27 28 29 30   

Time
    Distance
    Time