Sunny
High 80F
Low 62F

Tuesday - October 12

Run
  • 1h 40m 18s
  • 9.87 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

en run. At slow end of pace through the hood to Beach road...to the right today!

Not a bad run, but not super either.  My legs were never springy, nor dead.  Just kind of working class get it done kind of legs today.  Thank goodness for the sunshine, fall colors and some great music...Brittney, Black Eyed Peas, YoYo Ma, the THS Symphony Orchestra...awesome, and made this run lots more enjoyable.

I had a devil of a time getting my hr to mate up with my garmin (switched out the battery) but it finally did.  It still threw off some super high heartrates though. Grrrr.  I'm going to clean off all the connectors really well and see how it goes next use. 

Probably not going to swim afterall today.  I still stayed up till 11:30 and woke and HOUR before the bloody alarm, and could NOT go back to sleep.  Cruel.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Monday - October 11

Bike
  • 1h 29m
  • 26.88 miles
  • 18.12 Mi/hr

15 ar/en
15 threshold
30 en
15 threshold
15 en

WOW...double the bike mileage from last year (with 2.5 months to go!) and over 1000 miles running so far this year!!!  WOW!

*shit w/o in the lab.  Pdub was full of piss and vinegar and super sassy tonight, and Steve was being a brat too.  And he KICKED my ass.  Barley held on to threshold on the first set, and barley touched it in the second.  Maybe pushing the extra 18 miles on the bike yesterday wasn't such a smart idea afterall!  2 more threshold workouts this week.  Only 2.  2 more.  Not three, just 2.  2 is smaller than three, which is good.  :)  Blew off swimming cause I'm behind in sleep and was tanked.  I'll try and squeeze it in tomorrow.  Went for DQ instead.  Hmmm.  Had a really good day food wise, then topped it off with DQ (which gave me a tummy ache to boot).  Gotta try again tomorrow to eat clean so I can lose these RV pounds!*

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - October 10

Bike
  • 5h 42m 47s
  • 97.52 miles
  • 17.07 Mi/hr

U of M Dearborn, to Hines, to 7 mile and? then back and more time on Hines
avg rpm 105
avg watts 122

I was very tired and cranky (in spite of the gorgeous sunrise on the horizon) at the start of the day. It was awesome to track Marie and Alaina, but I had a couple beers, and got home too late.  It was after midnight before I got all my gear together, stretched and hit the hay.  My eyes were tired, and my lady parts were crampy.  BUT...I got to U of M Dearborn with plenty of time to start the ride and complain at Steve till he got me laughing.  Gotta love training with friends who won't let you be grumpy!  Of course, once we got rolling, it was all good.  I woke up, and started to feel better.  Until the lady parts on the saddle started to bitch.  :(  I wore my racesuit, with my expensive PI shorts that have the "best" padding, but aren't really the best for me.  Clearly, these shorts are not going to have an IM experience.  Booooo!  I have a couple more 2-3 hour rides, so I will try the suit with different shorts and see how that goes. 

It was a SPECTACULAR day to ride.  Just gorgeous!!!  We rolled hines to 7 mile and just kept going.  It got rolling and gorgeous, but I had to go potty at that point, so we turned around and headed back, hit the potty at a gas station (ahhhhh) and kept rolling.  Refueled at U of M, said good by to Steve, went back out on Hines and hit U of M a couple hours later. We saw Roman from Team Mongo 3 times and Sue from Fraser too! :)  Dave Z and Andrea headed out and Ranger and I decided to roll a bit longer.  About an hour later we were at 97.5 miles and back at U of M.  Close enough to a century and only 20 minutes longer than I was supposed to ride, so no harm no foul.  Ranger was having an awesome day, and  if it weren't for the lights on Hines, I may not have seen him again for hours!!!  Overall, the legs felt fine, but the hoo ha....NOT GOOD!  I'll be packing chamios butter in my special needs bag for sure!!!  It is really weird knowing that this was my last long ride of my season.  Now, only a few more quality workouts to put in, and the tapering will begin. 

I've got to taper my chow too, cause I seem to be holding on to a LOT of the extra lbs I earned being one of the guys in the rv.  Pants are fitting tighter, tops are more snug and I'm feeling LARGE!  Mooooooo!  Time to feast on veggies and fruit, and not the junk of the RV.  It's gonna be tough with Halloween, Dave's bday, and Kaity coming home this weekend in search of all things delish!  Perhaps my ironman challenge is not to gain 50 pounds during taper! :)

We had a team dinner to talk IMFL tonight.  I am getting soooo geeked.  We are ordering IRONFAN t shirts for our families and friends, Fraser is gonna have the team tents set up outside the Summit where we are all staying for our strappers, and we got to talk about all the little questions we all had with Tony and Captain Dave.  Sooo exciting, and a little scary.  :)  Wheeeeeeeeee!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 5.75

Saturday - October 9

Swim
  • 40m
  • 2240.28 meters
  • 01m 47s /100 meters

straight swim
5 ar
5 en
10 tempo
10 en
10 tempo

Bike #1
  • 1h 33m 46s
  • 24.03 miles
  • 15.38 Mi/hr

easy ride from Lanse Cruse with Team Green peeps
avg rpm 94
avg watts 103

Bike #2
  • 1h 10m
  • 21.08 miles
  • 18.07 Mi/hr

race rehearsal #2 at Stoney...just me and Coach
avg rpm 103
avg watts 145

Run
  • 43m 25s
  • 4.21 miles
  • 10m 19s /Mi

trail run race rehearsal with Eric and Coach
walk 1:00, run rest of mile (ran at correct hr, but faster pace)

Race rehearsal day...2 brick workouts, at en paces and with the FL team peeps.  :) 

Swim:  awesome swim.  Hoping I can replicate at IMFL. 

Bike 1:   big group and on Jeffereson, so not quite pace/wattage for race, but time in the saddle with good peeps. :)

Rams Horn breakfast with the gang...awesome!

Spending money at the shop...a given

Bike 2:  At Stoney with Coach.  GORGEOUS!  We hit every parking lot on loop one (one has a bad assed hill that I'll be doing repeats on for Placid...Yucky goodness) but had to cut the ride a tad short cause we started a few minutes late, and Eric was meeting us at 1:30 for the run.  NO...it was NOT my fault.  I was there first and ready to roll! :) 

Run:  awesome and on the trail from West Branch.  Soooo beautiful out today!!!  Eric and Coach are too fast for me, and I still ran faster than my perscription for IMFL.  BUT...I stayed at my hr he suggested, so all is well.  My hr moniter is throwing off some seriously high false numbers, so its on my agenda to replace the battery to put an end to that for IMFL. 

All in all, a really great day of training.  :) 

Then, Dave and I headed to Wyandotte to watch IM Kona with Dave, Nell, Steve and Brian at Lions, Tigers and Beers.  Marie did fantastic and placed 12th in her AG, and the amazing 1st timer Alaina was equally awesome and came in 32nd in her AG.  What a gas to watch the pros do their thing, and track friends in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!!!  A most excellent evening! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Friday - October 8

Thursday - October 7

Run
  • 1h 40m 18s
  • 10.36 miles
  • 09m 41s /Mi

20:00 en
2x16:00 threshold, 4:00 ar
40:00 en

Another poopy night of sleep.  Booo. 

I did have a great run though.  I got my ART adjustment, went to 7 mile and Hines to run, (forgot how rolling it is there...doh!) and got to work.  It was GORGEOUS out today.  I managed 2 good threshold sets (just off pace on the first due to those rollers) and was just really enjoying the day, scenery and cool breeze.  I was just shy of my time when I hit the parking lot, so I took a right down a dirt road to some vollyball courts and a large grassy field behind the lot.  I cruised past the sandy vollyball area and there he was...the sunbather with floss or NO bottoms.  Ass up to the sun and brown as can be.  :o!!!!  I had to pass him again to get back to my car.  I was so in tune with nature and the beauty of running on a day like today, then bam...HUMAN NATURE! Lol! 

I've seen a lot of things on my runs, but his bare ass was a first!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.75

Wednesday - October 6

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 20.79 miles
  • 13.86 Mi/hr

easy ride at the lab

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2377.44 meters
  • 02m 06s /100 meters

3x200 easy wu
3x600 (desc by 300 ar, en,te)
200 easy cd

Legs felt a little better this am.  Worked on logging data and stuff around the house most of the day.  I got a few annoying things done!  A few...there are plenty more things to do here at home, thats for sure!

The lab was a BLAST tonight!  Singing, silliness, and a totally ar workout!  I rode next to Andi and we talked just about the whole time (over Tony and Domino singing of course) and I even sang along (quietly) to a few tunes.  :)  Good times!

At the pool however, Andi hollerd at me for being a slowpoke...yes, I must remember, she is my coach on the pool deck! :)  I really liked this workout tonight.  Domino gave me 1 form correction to think about and it was nice to swim longer sets and get the 2 intervals in each set. 

I'll be combining my 2 race rehearsals to Saturday so I can take Friday off.  I think my legs will be happy about that after my threshold work.  It will make for a large volume weekend, but I'm totally good with that.  All the work on Saturday will be at much slower paces than I've been working out or racing at so I should be fine for the wear.  Gonna try the trisuit with bike shorts on top to see how that feels.  :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

October 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance