Patchy light rain in area with thunder
High 86F
Low 49F

Wednesday - March 10

Bike
  • 1h 31m
  • 23.03 miles
  • 15.18 Mi/hr

hills and threshold and spin karaoke at the lab! Oh My!

Swim
  • 1h 05m
  • 2750.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

9x125 swim 3, swim 50,k25,swim 3, swim 3
6x150 2 buoy en/ar, 2 buoy/padles te/ar, 2 paddles th/ar
3x100 ar descending
6x50 th/ar by 25
125 cd

I am lovin' this late start business for the high schooler!  Woo Hoo!  One more day! :) 

Legs felt pooped today.  Didn't want to make my daily deposit in the bank of Iron (to quote Runnergirl!)  I did and I actually feel better for it.  The bike was quite nasty...up to 15% grade in parts and it was a threshold  and spin karaoke ride.  It ain't easy keeping up power AND cadence on a freaking hilly ride!  I met a nice gal from the mountain bike team and we rode hard together!  It helps ALOT when you ride in the afternoon to have someone to ride with.  By the end of spin karaoke my legs felt loads better.  I have no idea how that happened, but there you go!  I stretched like mad, and after much trial and error bought some new goggles that I was hoping wouldn't make me look like I've been in a fist fight. 

I went to LTF to try them out...no go.  :(  Then I tried a pair I bought last summer again to no avail.  Then I just put on the old vanquishers and didn't squish them to my eyes as much and I look like a girl punched me out instead of a guy.  I'll take that for improvement! I felt strong in the water today again.  Worked on my glide and finish.  I did fall off form a bit at the end, but I think I may be making some progress there.  I got cold in the pool though...I hate that!  AR is when it gets me, or if I rest too much.  Booo to being cold in the pool!  I treated myself to an extral long bubble tub stretch afterwards.  I figure between the hilly ride and all the running I have going on this week, like Loreal says...I'm worth it!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 8

Tuesday - March 9

Run
  • 1h 26m 39s
  • 8.61 miles
  • 10m 04s /Mi

endurance pace...ran to Nicki's and back!

Picked paint colors for lots of rooms in the new property.   My partner wants to stay very neutral in this home.  It's hard because there is a lot of potential at this house.  Needless to say, I was on paint chip overload by the time I left this afternoon!  I hit the grocery on the way home, "Mom...we have no food.  Please go shopping today!!!!"  then it was time for my run. 

It was soooo nice out!  I looked quite the fool in my get up though...I wore my Belle Isle green tech tshirt, fuel belt, my nike capris from Sue, (yes, too short to cover my knees), and the sexy grandpa compression socks!  HAWT!  NOT! :) 

I was suprised to find quite a few spots that still had snow/ice on the sidewalks!  I had a very nice run, but my left foot arch was tired when I got closer to home.  Once again I found it hard to run with good form at the slower pace.  I worked on it a bit though.   I also had to slow down a few times and remind myself that I need to teach my body to burn fat for fuel.  I like running at my happy pace...coach however does not want me running at my happy pace all the time.  Fat for fuel, speedwork for speed.  And a little happy pace in there too! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.75

Monday - March 8

Run
  • 1h 18m 49s
  • 8.01 miles
  • 09m 50s /Mi

12x2:00 vo2max w/ 1:00ar
plus wu and long cd

Bike
  • 1h 18m 20s
  • 19.81 miles
  • 15.17 Mi/hr

wu5 mins
15 mins one leg drills
5x4 mins threshold 1 min ar
5x 45sec ac, 2:15
5x2 mins each ar,en,tempo,th, vo2
10 min cd ar

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2011.68 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

500 wu
12 75's alt 25's fast w/i 75's
4x200 pull w/ paddles edurance decsending 1-4

6 pulls as fast as possible attached to weightmachine on pool deck...evil

Stupid ass garmin is on the fritz...won't power up and BT and Training peaks don't recognize it.  Did the uploads to no avail.  I hate technology and apparently the shit hates me right back. 

I need this like another hole in my head...I have 4 heavy weeks of running where it would be nice to have my f*cking pace info to do my marathon specific training that my coach spelled out for me.  GRRRRRRRR!

*Update...after picking up Brian from school (he came home sick), the garmin finally started working again.  I ran in the sun using the interval setting for the first time...awesome not having to think about time, sucky to not be able to cheat! :)  19 miles in of running this week in on Monday...this is gonna be an EPIC run week for me.  EPIC I say!*

*final update...legs didn't like the bike...I think I shall die my hair blonde to match my ding bat brain.  Should have done another vo2 set that I totally missed on the run and couldn't figure out the bike wo tonight!  Thanks to Tricia, I got most of it done.  I was spot on in the pool though!  Go figure!  I am still amazed after hard work on the bike and run what I can accomplish in the pool late at night.  Scott my swim buddy and I are perfect foils for one another...he pushes me and I push right back!  :)  Being attached to the weights was funky.  I've never swum with resistance before.  I felt like a fish on a hook when that puppy would reel me back in! Hard but fun and different!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Sunday - March 7

Run
  • 1h 40m 12s
  • 10.89 miles
  • 09m 12s /Mi

Tortise and Hare training run w/ rolling hills AA
Garmin data is after first 1.2 miles of run. :)

What a fun run!  It was gorgeous out and a perfect day for running!  Meet up with Curegirl, Eric, Ranger, Yorkee, Yeats and Jazz,met Fromer for the first time and a bunch of Curegirls running friends.  Ran with Cheryl for a while and Ranger the rest.    Fastest I've run in a long while.  I just don't seem to keep the same pace when I run long and alone.  (Thanks as always Ranger!)  We went to Zingermans for a yummy brunch afterwards. YUMMMMMM!  That place is dangerous!  I spent way too much cash on a designer loaf of bread after brunch...chocolate challla (hey...I treated the day like a vacation day...running in a new location and knowing nothing of AA helped me rationalize!) and we ate some for dessert after dinner!  Delish!  Good thing I don't live close to that deli...I would be broke and FAT!

I picked up my corktown shirt and race number (Jo's too) headed home to find Dave had planned dinner, invited my brother and sister in law over and we were having steak!  Bonus!  He bought these killer giant delmonicos...2 inches thick!  I ate half of one! OMG!!  MOOO!  It was perfect!  He did a great job!  So after a walk with the crazy dogs there was just enough room for a small peice of bread.  My life was perfect!  For about 10 more minutes. 

After our company left, all hell broke loose regarding both the kids grades.  Damn that edline.  Total and complete meltdowns ensued  (the boy and the girl) and I spent over an hour with Kaity assuring her she will be able to survive at college.  The kid has lost 5 lbs and is not dealing well with the stress of the impending changes.  My husband acting like a huge time clock giving her the reduced number of days left in school isn't helping(he's done with that now thank heavens)  So after lots of stress, hugging, tears and consoling, she went to bed feeling better.  I went to Jogo's and after the best wine boy ever got me a nice glass of red, I started to feel better too.  Jo and I chatted about running off and on through the Oscar's and I am lucky to have such wonderful friends living right next door!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - March 6

Bike
  • 1h 24m
  • 24.15 miles
  • 17.25 Mi/hr

37 ar before run test,
47 en after test

Run #1
  • 15m
  • 1.35 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

warm up before tt

Run #2
  • 20m
  • 2.37 miles
  • 08m 25s /Mi

run tt at lab
6.5 start, 7.5 finish

HR was high through out warm up and test...not sure why.

Booo.  Wanted a nice improvement on the run, but only went .01 further!  LMAO!  At least I didn't go down in distance and the butt was good...not a single twinge!  Lookin' for the sunshine...yep that's me! 

Saw the last performance of West Side Story tonight and it was terrific!  By far the best of the 3 I saw.  The kids really outdid themselves!  I congratulated as many of the kids as I could and got a big weepy hug from one of my bass orchestra babies who was emotional about his last high school drama performance!  Awwwww!

Friday - March 5

Big fat rest day!!!  Woo Hoo! 

Thursday - March 4

Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 6.15 miles
  • 10m 14s /Mi

LTF treadmill
en pace with 5 strides

Swim
  • 1h 03m
  • 2100.00 meters
  • 03m /100 meters

300 wu
3x4x50 side kick with fins
100 easy
5x8x25 6+3 and catchup
100 cd

Sport
  • Pilates
  • 55m

At Roch. LTF with Val....OW!

Ran on the treadmill cause I had Fred at 9...except he forgot our appointment and booked another client.  :(  He felt soooo bad!  I was fine with it since I had to move my swim to today.  So, after a break at the end of my run to assure Fred I wasn't mad I finished up on the treadmill, stretched a good long time and hit the pool.  Drills galore.  Worked on glide and being on my side.  Andrea wants me to work on that so it was perfect timing.  :)  The bad news...I had swim cap marks on my forehead for 10 hours after getting out of the pool!!!  WTF?  Not a good look.  No, not at all. 

I got my bassist to oyo and went to LFT Rochester to hit the pilates class...I wanted to do it and missing Fred meant I could with out killing myself.  Last time I was there it was half full, but not today.  It was so packed I couldn't get a mat on the floor.  I was about to leave when a lady offered me her spot as she had to leave! :)  That was some good Irish luck right there!  I am SOFT!  That class is so challenging!  And Val is WAY TOO PERKY!!!  She's a great teacher though and gets ya to keep working when you want to stop.  Perfect!  

We got some good (maybe) news on the college front last night for Kaity...Butler will be putting together a scholarship package for her.  The professor really wants her to come there so hopefully it will be a good one.  If nothing else, it's good for Kaity to know she's really wanted down in Indy.    She is waiting with as much patience as she can muster to hear from UofM!

She's stressing about the fact that prom is 2 months away,  and she needs a fabulous dress (oh yeah, and a date).  She's not obsessed about it for prom, but more so for the fact that she will be wearing it at the Concerto Concert for orchestra and she plans on being one of the soloists.  :)  Ahh, my Kaity.  So not your average teenage girl.  I wouldn't want her any other way!!!  

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

TrishM's Training Log

March 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Volume

Time
Distance