Overcast
High 47F
Low 25F
Bike
  • 44m 30s
  • 10.52 miles
  • 14.18 Mi/hr

on the red devil in Troy

I was kind of a bum today.  I spent way too much time pooping around on the internet.  :)  I did get a few errands done in the afternoon and got caught up with my neice with a nice long chat.  All the major stress is out of her life, and her pregnancy is going great now.  She can't see her feet anymore when she looks down (hee hee) and she's back to working out 3 days a week.  That was very good news to hear. 

I picked up some new insulated water bottles at REI with my dividend.  I figure I've got some long hot rides coming up this season, so I might as well be a little better prepared for them. 

I was able to go downstairs today with out holding the handrail!  Progress on the recovery front!  Woo Hoo! 

I rode around the nieghborhood again, but my hr was wonky.  I started out in the mid 40's and it took like 12-14 minutes before it got up more than 20 beats.  Then later in the ride it was in the low 130's which is endurance for me on a very slight incline.  And I mean slight.  The quads did not like the stop and go....I just tried to spin high cadence and light on the pedals, but it didn't feel good like on Sunday.  Me thinks my legs are still mad at me for Saturday.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 5
Swim
  • 45m
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

300 wu
6x200 sets...variable speeds
500 cd

Woke up 2 times instead of 4...hey that's a 50% improvement! 

Got quite a bit done errand wise, talked with my coach about the race, and swam with the Fraser peeps.  Got a hug from my swim buddy Scott!  Haven't seen him in an age!  To quote Coop, I felt like I had lead in my pants for most of the swim.  But, it did feel kinda of nice to be in the water, even if I didn't really have any speed to speak of.  I hope the legs are better for it tomorrow. 

Race report is done.  :)  Still smilin' about Saturday!  Cause my legs haven't let me forget just yet  that I'm a marathoner now...and I've got the ouch to prove it! ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6.25
Bike
  • 1h 04m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 14.06 Mi/hr

in the hood of Troy on the Red Devil

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

with Sherry and KC dog, and the boys and Crazy Jonah too

You'd think I'd have slept like a dead woman, what with the race and 3 count um 3 beers during the day, but NOOOOOOO.  My mid forties womanly body had other ideas...UGH!  I hate perimenopause. 

The legs are stiff and sore, as expected.  Went for a walk with my brother and sister-in-law with the pups and it felt good.  We ate bagels, pineapple and had coffee, and I was still hungry after a 1 mile walk!  OINK!

Went for a ride this afternoon and it felt smashing!  Gorgeous day to be out on the bike.  I did have a few rough patches of road that were...um, painful, so I'm thinking it's time for more real road miles...no bumps on the computrainer!   The legs were happy spinning on the small chainring on the flats and I hope it helps the healing along. 

Hoping for a good night's sleep....school and the grind start back up tomorrow.  Fingers are crossed!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 1 Hours slept: 8
Run
  • 4h 03m 59s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Martian Marathon, Dearborn MI

I AM A MARATHONER!  WOO FRICKIN' HOO!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5
Run
  • 36m 57s
  • 3.81 miles
  • 09m 42s /Mi

15 wu
1 mile at 9:00
15 cd

Had some weird dreams about training for tris and a gravel pit, and not having the right gear.  I wonder what Freud would have to say about that???

Cold and windy run.  Coach wanted me to run 20 wu and 20cd, but I didn't want to be on my feet that long.  Trimmed it to 15...I'm gonna have to focus really hard to hold pace.  I went too fast, then slightly slower than just under the 9:00 he wanted for the 1 mile.  Hmmm.  Focus for 4 hours.  This should be very interesting tomorrow!

I'm hoping the weather forcast is accurate.  I'd rather have the nice warmish temps instead of this chill today.  Oh well...what ever it is, we will all be running in it together no?

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8.5
Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • 15.50 miles
  • 15.25 Mi/hr

at the lab...ar only

Got woken in the middle of the night by Kaity sobbing hysterically.  I about had a heart attack.  She had a drama with a friend which she didn't want to discuss with me...only her friends could understand, so after about 30 minutes of hugging and trying to be helpful, (of course I can't be helpful...I'm just the dumb old mom) I went back to bed.  That was an awful way to wake up, and a not very pleasant way to try to go back to sleep, knowing I couldn't do anything to ease her stress.  You think you'll be able to sleep after the baby days are gone.  Nope, not always.

The ride in the lab was...fun, but,( good god I'm sick), boring.  I wanted to do the AC and VO2MAX stuff so much, cause I couldn't! Sick!  I'm a sick puppy!!!  I got to help a new guy Joe with the terms and timing of his ride though, so that was cool, and I got to chat while everyone was in recovery. 

Tony set my pacing for me, gave me a few hints and we talked about training coming up this spring.  I have to give the legs a week off of running and then it's time to start building again for R4R half IM in early June.  Wow.  Early June!  YIKES!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2743.20 meters
  • 02m 11s /100 meters

swam in the 20yard lane at LTF Rochester pretty much non stop...had to stretch 3 times and adjust goggles twice...all ar free

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 00m

Ahhhhhh

Note to self...running at night keeps you up late, especially when your still on Chicago Time.   :(

Massage was good...very relaxing...no major work with the race coming on Saturday, but I feel better for it for sure.  Have a swim to do, which I won't be doing late tonight...

Neighbor at the new property is being a d*ck.  Called the city inspector and he made a stop by this am.  We do everything with permits and the right way, so no real worries, but I am not liking that the neighbor is trying to make problems.  He had last right to make an offer on the purchase and didn't have the cash to buy the property.  So sorry you didn't get the house for half of what we paid for it like you'd hoped.  Now I have to manage my partner NOT going off on the neighbor.  Yippee.

Saturday is coming so fast...getting a little squirrelly...ok a lot. :)

*well...my afternoon didn't go as planned ... finally made it to Troy Lifetime only to have the lanes full and a class in the main pool, so I ran another errand and hit the Rochester pool...late.  Didn't wanna swim, but once I got started, it was quite nice.  I just swam and swam and swam.  This was an ar swim with just a time limit, so I ended up doing 3000 yards in the warm 20 yard lanes in the main pool.  I cramped in my calf and feet a bit and had to stretch, but otherwise I felt really relaxed during the swim.  I hit hte lap button after every 50 lengths and the first set was  17:21, and the second 2 just about the same at 20:49 and 21:03.*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

TrishM's Training Log

April 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
Time