High F
Low F

Friday - April 16

Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • -----
  • 15.74 Mi/hr

on the red devil in the hood of Troy

Windy, sunny, full of construction and stops the first 15 minutes, then....ahhhhh.  I felt a bit like my old self.  Cadence was up, speed was up, (maxed at 25.8...that felt gooooood) legs felt decent and kept this mostly ar, except on the tiny rollers into the headwind.  Progress!

Iced a bagillion ribbon cookies and now it's off to the jazz benefit concert at the high school.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5

Thursday - April 15

Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

around the lake with Sherry Baby

Today the cookies actually look like ribbons...Yay! 

Got some weeding and baking done, and lots of kiddo stuff running around.  Congrats to the THS Jazz Band, who got straight 1's at the MSBOA State Jazz Festival today! :) 

Went for my scheduled 45 minute walk in Sherry's neighborhood around the lake, and I'll be damned if it didn't hurt.  WTF?  Come on quads...time for the healing baby!  Seriously, I didn't expect to feel my quads just walking around.  Hmmmph.

Well, it's off to bed so I can get up at 4:30...not to race!  To get my boy off to the bus for his school trip to Chicago.  Then it's my turn next week for my last orchestra trip with my orchestra babies.  Tissue please!

PS...is it bad that I ate my body weight in blob sugar cookies today?

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Wednesday - April 14

Swim
  • 57m 30s
  • 2500.00 meters
  • 02m 18s /100 meters

wu 100swim,50k,100s,50k,100s easy,faster mod
5x300 (did #3 at 350)build sets
300 kick steady
300 cd easy

I screwed up my swim set...I forgot my w/o at home and neglected to do the 6x50 easy that was written, but when I was going over my splits I realized I did an extra 300 set, so at least the distance was correct!  Still feeling like a tug boat in the drink, and the quads were angry pushing off the wall.  I practiced flip turns during the c/d and I still suck at them! :)

I got a chance to work in the yard a bit before the Orchestra trip meeting...it felt great to be in the garden in the sun!  I only got a tiny bit done, but at least it's a start.  Lots to do here plus the lake house!  OY!

After the meeting I made some sugar cookies that are for a cancer fundraiser concert Kaity is in on Friday.  They look like blobs instead of ribbons.  Some of them were sooooo ugly, they needed to be disposed of.  They were DELISH! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 7

Tuesday - April 13

Bike
  • 44m 30s
  • 10.52 miles
  • 14.18 Mi/hr

on the red devil in Troy

I was kind of a bum today.  I spent way too much time pooping around on the internet.  :)  I did get a few errands done in the afternoon and got caught up with my neice with a nice long chat.  All the major stress is out of her life, and her pregnancy is going great now.  She can't see her feet anymore when she looks down (hee hee) and she's back to working out 3 days a week.  That was very good news to hear. 

I picked up some new insulated water bottles at REI with my dividend.  I figure I've got some long hot rides coming up this season, so I might as well be a little better prepared for them. 

I was able to go downstairs today with out holding the handrail!  Progress on the recovery front!  Woo Hoo! 

I rode around the nieghborhood again, but my hr was wonky.  I started out in the mid 40's and it took like 12-14 minutes before it got up more than 20 beats.  Then later in the ride it was in the low 130's which is endurance for me on a very slight incline.  And I mean slight.  The quads did not like the stop and go....I just tried to spin high cadence and light on the pedals, but it didn't feel good like on Sunday.  Me thinks my legs are still mad at me for Saturday.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 5

Monday - April 12

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1828.80 meters
  • 02m 28s /100 meters

300 wu
6x200 sets...variable speeds
500 cd

Woke up 2 times instead of 4...hey that's a 50% improvement! 

Got quite a bit done errand wise, talked with my coach about the race, and swam with the Fraser peeps.  Got a hug from my swim buddy Scott!  Haven't seen him in an age!  To quote Coop, I felt like I had lead in my pants for most of the swim.  But, it did feel kinda of nice to be in the water, even if I didn't really have any speed to speak of.  I hope the legs are better for it tomorrow. 

Race report is done.  :)  Still smilin' about Saturday!  Cause my legs haven't let me forget just yet  that I'm a marathoner now...and I've got the ouch to prove it! ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6.25

Sunday - April 11

Bike
  • 1h 04m
  • 15.00 miles
  • 14.06 Mi/hr

in the hood of Troy on the Red Devil

Sport
  • Walking
  • 20m

with Sherry and KC dog, and the boys and Crazy Jonah too

You'd think I'd have slept like a dead woman, what with the race and 3 count um 3 beers during the day, but NOOOOOOO.  My mid forties womanly body had other ideas...UGH!  I hate perimenopause. 

The legs are stiff and sore, as expected.  Went for a walk with my brother and sister-in-law with the pups and it felt good.  We ate bagels, pineapple and had coffee, and I was still hungry after a 1 mile walk!  OINK!

Went for a ride this afternoon and it felt smashing!  Gorgeous day to be out on the bike.  I did have a few rough patches of road that were...um, painful, so I'm thinking it's time for more real road miles...no bumps on the computrainer!   The legs were happy spinning on the small chainring on the flats and I hope it helps the healing along. 

Hoping for a good night's sleep....school and the grind start back up tomorrow.  Fingers are crossed!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 1 Hours slept: 8

Saturday - April 10

Run
  • 4h 03m 59s
  • 26.20 miles
  • 09m 19s /Mi

Martian Marathon, Dearborn MI

I AM A MARATHONER!  WOO FRICKIN' HOO!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5

TrishM's Training Log

April 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat