Sunny
High 85F
Low 68F

Friday - April 2

Run
  • 1h 28m 50s
  • 9.00 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

EN run in Madison...from Lowell along the lake to Picnic Point, into the campus neighborhood and back!

Kinda of sore from yesterdays hard effort adn looooong ride to Madison.  We hit the AWESOME mexican resturant in Edison Park we found last year and it was fab! 

I got myself in trouble sitting next to my friend Larry from the Detroit Symphony Orchestra at the welcome meeting...all the clinicians (and me) were sitting in the same row and the host who is in is late 70's thought I was a clinician too.  He handed me the microphone to introduce myself... when I waved the microphone away he asked Larry to let his wife say hello... :-O! Needless to say, I had to clarify that no,  I wasn't his wife either!  Larry's first name is actually Marshall, so the ribbing began...I just told him afterwards he was gonna be my weekend husband.  He was cool with that!  After the kids got situated I headed out on my run.  Gorgeous!  The rowing crew boats were out, the sun was shining, it was windy and lots of folks were out enjoying the day!  I love running out to Picnic Point...I love the bike paths...l love seeing people of all ages out enjoying the weather and being active.  I love running by the lake.  I'm gonna miss coming here next Easter Weekend...yes I am.

Walked State street with Karen and Dave after lunch.  The icecream store was our agenda.  Mission accomplished.  Heaven Hash was what I had...and yes it was quite heavenly!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - April 1

Run #1
  • 30m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m /Mi

warm up and cool down for tt

Run #2
  • 20m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 08m /Mi

Run tt on treadmill at LTF

Woo Hoo!  Made myself a goal and hit it!  Ow!  I'm really happy with this effort and that I hit the goal I'd set for myself.  I kinda tweeked the right periformus (what is up with my bum?  I swear!) but it should be fine.  Nothing a little ice, vitamen I and  some stretching can't fix...I hope.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Wednesday - March 31

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2700.00 meters
  • 02m 13s /100 meters

nonstop swim
15 min wu with free, fist and dps drills
4x10 sets
4ar,2 temp,4ar for set 1&3
2en, 6 temp 2en for set 2&4
5 min cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 23.28 miles
  • 15.52 Mi/hr

Clinton River/Macomb Orchard Trail, Rochester to Romeo

AR only ride

Lots to do again today...2.5 hours of training, packing for everybody, laundry, phone calls...........time to get started.

* Hit the pool at Rochester LTF for my swim ... it was weird swimming for time and not distance.  I may have swum a bit more or less..I had to focus on sighting the time clock and pace...so I got a little confused on laps at times!   I felt very good getting out of the pool...not tired at all.  Cool.  Stretched in the hottub, showered, changed into my bike kit and headed to the trail.  I ran into Jennifer from Frasers MTB team at the trail head, we chatted then I took off.  I felt like a rock star cruising at 17.5 and 18.5 mph on the flat flat flat trail at AR pace.  That was until I turned around and realized I'd had a nice little tailwind! Heehee! 

It was AWESOME out today.  So refreshing to be out in the world on my bike!  I googled the trail before leaving and found on the Macomb page a bike rack that was installed to honor Jogo's brother in law Ted who was a very active member of the Friends of the trail and a huge  mileage cyclist.  I took a picture of it on my ride!  Very cool.  I didn't ever meet Teddy, but if he was anything like his brother Bill, he was one wonderful person. 

The spring peeper frogs were singing their sexy come hither mating song...gnats on the run yesterday, and horny frogs today...yep!  Spring is definately here!!!

Tomorrow, I run test and then it's off to Madison WI....home of the BEST organic icecream, The Richard Davis Bass Workshop and a little race known as IMOO!*

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - March 30

Run
  • 1h 00m 45s
  • 6.13 miles
  • 09m 55s /Mi

endurance run from home

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 50m

build section of yoga dvd

Had lots to do in the morning, and got most of it done including the extra financial aide nightmare UofM requires before they create a financial aide package for you (grrrrr) and the beg letter for volunteers for  next year's OATH board. 

I dressed just right for the run in my long sleeved UA top and capris....let the funky tan lines begin!  :)  My run was less than stellar though.  My legs weren't sore per say...but I just felt ...awkward on most of this run.  My legs were kinda clunky feeling, and I was focusing on trying to stay at 10 min. miles with decent form.  After I warmed up (about 3.5 miles or so in) things improved a bit.  As did my pace.  Oops.  I hope my legs don't feel like this on marathon day. 

The fun bits about the run?  I was pining for my corvette days...lots of them on the road today in the sunshine, I got my first gnat snack of the season (gross, but a SURE sign of spring in my book) and the sun felt delish on my bare calves and face.  :)  Oh yeah, and I hauled ass on the overpass hill.  Funny, but I used to avoid running the expressway overpass like the plague and now I figure my routes so I can run it at least once for a little hill work and free speed.  I like the free speed part! :)

Coach actually had yoga on my schedule, so I did the yoga dvd for build period as it has the itb section in it.  Ooooommmmmm.  That was niiiccccee!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Monday - March 29

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.96 miles
  • 10m 04s /Mi

10 ar wu
22x 1:00 vox max w/ 1:00 ar
6 ar cd
10 at 7.6, 5 at 7.8, 7 at 8.0

My stomach ache from yesterday is still lingering.  I was supposed to run 30 vo2max intervals, but of course, I didn't budget my time right (trying to solve my garmin uploading issue, which of course is still not resolved...grrrr) and only had time to do 22.  I wasn't sure if I'd do any when I got on the treadmill...thought if my stomach revolted I could just do my endurance run scheduled for tomorrow, but they actually went fine untill I picked up the pace and at the same time Mr. Smelly Pants hopped on the treamill near me.  He was sooooo stinky with nasty cologne it made my stomach even more upset.  Luckily he left for the last 5 reps.  EWWWWW! 

30 seemed like a lot to accomplish, but when I got into it, totally doable. I figured I could do 20 and still  get Kaity in time for her doc appt.  Then I figured I'd trim the cooldown and do 2 more reps.   I think if my stomach wasn't so grumpy I would have liked it a lot.  What is going on?  Me, liking speed work????  Bizarre!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Soreness: 3 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - March 28

Run
  • 2h 04m 27s
  • 12.52 miles
  • 09m 56s /Mi

Hines drive with Sushi and Ranger from Nankin Mills
Endurance pace

Chilly wet run with Sushi and Ranger on Hines drive.  Brrrr.   We over shot our turn around point by 5 or so minutes and had a LONG cool down walk (more like a freeze up walk) back to the cars.  Thank goodness for that super warm heated bathroom to change in!!!  I had planned to practice my nutrition, but no.  I drank my heed, but none of the water, I didn't take any gu's (my stomach was cramping most of the second hour on the run....boo) and I got hungry the last 15 minutes or so, but why gu at that point?  It was too cold and wet to worry much about drinking and we were being pretty social.  My bad.

It was great to run with Sushi (our first run together!) and of course Ranger.  The fine company made a 2 hour slog in the wet as fun as a 2 hour slog in the wet could be!    Thanks Sushi and Ranger!

I soooo wanted to nap but it wasn't in the cards for me...but it rarely is.  Darn it.  I got some groceries and some chores done before going to dinner with Brian's buddies family to hammer out the kiddo's trip info to Myrtle Beach this week.  Don and Eileen are really nice peeps and were a lot of fun.  Brian should be in for a great week!  They told us about a cross country ski weekend they do with the kids up north that sounds like a blast...mimosas to start...like 4 stops along the way with food, fires, ice fishing, more food and beer.  Now that sounds like a day of exercise I could handle!   With Kaity away at college, this may be something we could do for a long weekend.

I finished my Sunday at Jogo's and we wined as usual.  I love my Sunday nights with Jo...

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - March 27

Just cruised past my highest run mileage month yesterday with lots of running left!  Whoa!!!

BIG FAT REST DAY!  PROM DRESS SHOPPING!  CHORES!  LAUNDRY!  WOO HOO!

TrishM's Training Log

April 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned