MONDAY
Cloudy
High 41F
Low 37F
TUESDAY
Light rain
High 47F
Low 37F
Off to Chicago with the THS Orchestra!!!  Last spring trip evah!  TISSUE PLEASE!  

Swim
  • 57m
  • 2300.00 meters
  • 02m 29s /100 meters

6x100 wu 10rest
8x75 swim,catchup,swim 20 rest
8x75 6+3,swim,dps 20 rest
8x50 kick w/fins,board fast easyx25
100cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 28.80 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

5ar
5x ild 1:00both, 30L,1:00 both,30 R...ar,en,te,en,ar
5ar
6x8:00 threshold w/ 2:00 ar
5ar

Strength
  • 05m

1 set each of bicycles,plank and pilates roll up

Awesome swim focused on drills.  Did the little trick Tony told me about, and when I focused, it seemed to work.  DPS was 19 for 4, 18 for 3 and 17 for the last one!  Woo Hoo!  Not bad for me in a 25 meter pool at all! 

Showered, dressed in bike kit and took off for the lab.  Ate a kashi bar in the car and that was NOT wise.  Gave me a gut ache to go along with my threshold pain.  Ow.  Did ok on the first 3 sets, and kinda fell apart on the last 3.  Not a total loss like the last time I did threshold, but not really where I was supposed to be either.  I will get my legs back on the bike...yes, yes I will.  :)  No residual ickys or owies from yesterday's crapper run.  That's cool and I'll take it. 

Off to the ortho, then it's time to pack for the trip to Chicago with the orchestra kids.  Up at 4:45 with no race is JUST WRONG!!!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.25
Run
  • 1h 06m
  • 6.35 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

13wu easy
45 tempo
5x30 sec ac w/1:30ac

Strength
  • 10m

planks, bicycles...slooooow, and pilates roll up. 2 sets

Today I run...hopefully all is well.  Tempo and Anarobic Capacity.  Oh boy.

*run sucked.  Wasn't well fed or hydrated, hr went really  pretty high half way through tempo, so I took a 30 second walk break.  Finished tempo stuff and did the ac which was actually the easiest part of the work out.  My legs were still sore in a couple spots, and my pace was hard to hold after about 8 to 10 minutes of tempo.  Boo.  Glad I took the walk break so I could finish, even though it wasn't what my coach wrote.*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 34s /100 meters

200wu
6x50 end
6x50 25 fast, 25 ar w/ fins
5x100 ascending w/ fins
5x100 desending no fins

UM campus day...I've never been on main campus.  Gonna be cool, and shocking, as they talk about costs! :o

*We had a great day on Campus.  Kaity saw 7 people she knew, the campus is quite lovely, she enjoyed her lesson with Steven Molina from the DSO who teaches there, and got the BEST news EVER!  NO MORE MATH!  She only has english as required classes outside of the music program.  You should have seen the smile on that girls face when she relized that she never has to take another math class and can take photography, philosophy, russian history, ....what ever floats her boat!  Me, I was like...no history, humanities, science or math to graduate?  Say What???  Ok then!  No math it is!  Then she met up with Albert (who apparently isn't totally shy anymore and actually talks) her old boyfriend and had dinner.  He loves the university and is staying over the summer to do research in the engineering department and work. 

We made it home just in time for me to grab my stuff and head to Harrision Twp to the pool.  I didn't want to go...not feeling the love to work hard at the moment, but I'm really glad I went.  Scott kicked my ASS tonight, and yeah, I don't like that, so look out swim buddy.  She's  baccccckkk!  On the descending sets with no fins I actually did a 1:36 for a 100!!!  Say What??????  :)  That made me happy as I was sucking air!!!  BUT...still doing the windmill thing.  Tony says with my latest stroke tweak (trying to go deeper with my pull and use the whole arm to catch water, not just the forearm) I am not setting my catch and am still equal...not syncopated in the stroke.  He gave me a tip to try, and try it I will.  I need to catch my swim buddy darn it!!! :)*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.25
Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 05m

as prescribed with the pooches and Dave

Worked at the lake house in the yard for a bit in the morning.  It wasn't in bad shape, but the sheer size of that yard...yikes!  Only got a bit done, but I figure one labor intensive weekend for clean up and one to mulch all the beds and it should be good to go.  I am thinking since I'll probably be riding Thursdays and Fridays at ILRA I may just stay out there.  My only fear is it will get dumpy, and won't be my happy place (happy neat clean new fresh organized place...all the things my Troy house is NOT) if we are there every weekend.  Time to face the fear of clutter.  It is one of my goals don't cha know...more time at the lake! 

In the afternoon Kaity and I went dress shopping again to no avail.  Gah!  Next up, Davids Bridal and then I don't know where.  :(  I just want my beautiful daughter to have a dress that she loves and feels pretty in, that won't cost 2 car payments.  Is that too much to ask???

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 03m 20s /100 meters

practiced siting, porpoising,turning around buoys

Sport
  • Transitions
  • 1h 15m

practiced wetsuit removal, t1 and t2 with coach

It was HARD to get up early to go swim!!!  But it was sooooo fun today!  I've discovered that I suck at porpoising and am good at turning around buoys.  Well, maybe not good, but my body and brain actually figured it out quickly and I was able to do it!  :)  I'll take that!  We did lots of sighting after swimming the perimeter of the pool  a bunch of times.  Coach had us doing it every three breaths and yeah...I'm not too good at that either, but I do ok with my old method of every 8 strokes or so.  If I could fix my stroke into less of a "windmill" or very rythmic one into a more syncopated stroke (yes my coach has been working on this with me ...FOREVER) I'd be better at it.  Meh.  The whole group was so bad at the porpoise thing that Tony joined us in the pool to demonstrate.  He makes it look soooooo easy.  Nope.  Not so much!   After class I asked to watch his stroke underwater as Andrea had corrected me about being to wide and shallow on my stroke.  It was good to see it done the right way.  Now if I can only mimick the master, I'll be set!

After shopping and chores I headed back to the shop for the transition clinic.  I learned a lot of little things to help expedite the transitions.  I've always practiced them, but never had a concrete plan to follow.  Now I have one.  If I can actually execute it is another thing all together! :)  We worked on wetsuit removal first (he timed us...yes I still am slowish, but I wasn't last!)  and then we went outside in the crap windy cold weather to do t1 and t2.  Both methods of getting on the bike are different than what I do now.  It's gonna take lots of practice to get it right for this very ungraceful girl, but hey...why  not.  I know I can shave time in t1 and t2, but getting faster on the run is gonna take a LOT more pain!  Ok...mounting my bike in a new way may create some pain too....like when I fall, but I'm good with that! :)

Bike
  • 1h 01m
  • -----
  • 15.74 Mi/hr

on the red devil in the hood of Troy

Windy, sunny, full of construction and stops the first 15 minutes, then....ahhhhh.  I felt a bit like my old self.  Cadence was up, speed was up, (maxed at 25.8...that felt gooooood) legs felt decent and kept this mostly ar, except on the tiny rollers into the headwind.  Progress!

Iced a bagillion ribbon cookies and now it's off to the jazz benefit concert at the high school.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5

TrishM's Training Log

April 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
Time