Run
  • 35m 19s
  • 3.40 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

pre run course with Tony and the girls

Strength
  • 10m

core ...the usual. planks, bicycles, pilates roll ups 2 sets

The dogs "helped" me do my core work this morning much to Kaity's enjoyment.  :)  A little extra furry resistance (and growling encouragement) for me!

Today we shop for the prom dress for TOMORROW.  She's going, she's not going, she has a date, she doesn't have a ticket, she can't get a ticket, she's got a ticket. OY!  Yesterday at 2:30...this is when it becomes official...she has a ticket and it's senior skip day on Friday...we are going dress shopping.  Never mind if old Mom has a life and chores and such to do.  It's either gonna be fun or HELL!

*Dress success!  Royal blue, long enough, (a little TOO sexy if you ask me) and on sale!  AND she has shoes and a bag that will work.  Yessss!

Had a great time riding and running with the Fraser peeps (first time outside!) and Ranger and Steve S.  It was really windy, but so good to be on the bike!  OUTSIDE, with my friends!!! :)  Hoping for no rain in the morning down south and no rain in the afternoon for all the Troy kids going to prom!  Fingers crossed!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - April 29

Run
  • 1h 00m 33s
  • 6.23 miles
  • 09m 43s /Mi

wu 6
tempo 40
4x :30 ac, 1:30 ar
cd 6

Bike
  • 47m 25s
  • 12.28 miles
  • 15.54 Mi/hr

ar small chainring only light on pedals
In the neighborhood

Strength
  • 10m

core work...2 sets planks, bicycles and pilates roll ups. Added a few extra reps

Super busy day ahead....run and bike, Brian to the ortho during school, Kaity to OYO early so I can drive like a maniac and get back to THS for Brian's concert.  OATH stuff to attend to in between plus trying to figure out a plan for saturday's race.  Oy!  Thank goodness for the sunshine...I'm gonna enjoy running and riding in it for sure! :)

*Tempo is supposed to be comfortably hard...and it was hard today.  Not evil like the other day, but challenging for me for sure.  I still seem to only like running at the top of tempo which is too hard to maintain for me for 40 minutes, or a tad slower than tempo.  :(  Pacing is really challenging.  A work in progress.  The last 5 minutes were really tough to maintain.  For the ac, I walked for the ar and that worked well.  Then for the last cd part, I was running at my happy pace, which of course is too fast! Slowed it down though. :)  

Then I hopped on the red devil for my spinny spin.  Gosh, I love my bike!  Love it!!!!   I had on all my snazzy nerd kit...aero helmet, trisuit, arm warmers, bike gloves.  Goodness I hope none of the neighbors saw me! Although, as a parent I was definately fulfilling the "embarrass your children" responsibility!  :)

My heart rate was high for both of the workouts...don't know if it was improper fueling or more I'm not totally recovered from the marathon.  I hope it settles down soon. *

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Wednesday - April 28

Swim
  • 48m
  • 2100.00 meters
  • 02m 17s /100 meters

WU 6X50 faster each 25
MS Tpace ladder
CD 200 easy focus on form

Bike
  • 1h 32m
  • 28.00 miles
  • 18.26 Mi/hr

5ar
ild 5x1 min both,30L, 1 min both, 30R
5ar
6x8:00 3 min vo2max,1.5 ar, 1.5 vo2max, 45 sec ar, 45 sec vo2max 30 sec ar
1:00 each spin pyramid 60 to 130 and back at en
cd 3:00 ar

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.50 miles
  • 12m /Mi

30 min ar zone 1
focus on 21 per 15 seconds turnover

Strength
  • 05m

core work...planks bicycles, pilates roll ups

Swim was ok today...focused as best as I could on glide and finish.  Swoosh Swoosh Swoosh.  Was moderately successful. 

Next up..Vo2max at the lab followed by a short zone 1 run. 

*Wow...that sucked.  At least yesterday the recovery before the 3:00 block was 2:30.  30 seconds is not much time to recover I tell ya.  I ate an apple on the way to the lab, and that was not my best decision.  Felt like I could hurl a few times, but didn't.  My watts weren't where they should have been either, but the pain was there and I was bustin' my ass, so I'm happy with my work today. 

After the bike I went potty and hopped on the treadmill for the run.  Ow.  My legs haven't done a brick in a looooong time and the shins didn't much care for it.  It took me about 20 minutes to get my stride feeling normal!   I ran in the zoots with no socks...not too sure if I like it or not.  I'm not nutso in love with the shoes anyway, but I figured I might as well try it.  This du on Saturday is gonna be interesting.  12 minute miles sounds lame, but I have more fish to fry tomorrow and it was how the coach wrote it.  No complaints from me! 

I'm gonna sleep like a dead woman tonight.  That is after I get the bassist to her lesson and back, and register her for orientation and sign up for lodging iat U of M this fall.  Tissue please!*

PS...never go to Costco after 3 hours of working out...it's kinda expensive that way!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Tuesday - April 27

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.02 miles
  • -----

vo2max ladders
5 wu
5 sets of 3 min vo2,1.5 min ar, 1.5 min vo2,45 sec ar, 45 sec vo2,2.5 min ar
5 cd

Bike
  • 47m 35s
  • 12.76 miles
  • 16.09 Mi/hr

AR ride light on pedals with high cadence

Strength
  • 10m

core set basic...2 sets of planks, bicycles and pilates roll ups

Rough morning and a bad attitude.  Vo2 max pretty much took that out.  Sooooo wanted to quit.  From the very first set.  Soooo wanted to.  Almost did...twice.  But I just could not do it.  Couldn't face the rest of the day as a quiter, so I didn't.  Whew.  Soooo glad I didn't.  That was one hell of a mental and physical work out today.   I had a much better afternoon after the evil run was done and lunch was had with the Fabulous Smoak.  :)  We had a large helping of laughter and I smiled all afternoon.  Thanks Sue! :)

Sooo, I tried out the nerd helmet today.  Boy I was lookin' spiffy in my UA top, fraser trisuit and running tights on top with that aero helmet!  LOL!  It was pretty windy so I was glad for any less drag I could get.  Even if I could have won a dork award wearing it. 

After last nights crapper drilling in the pool I was planning on taking Brian to swim for a little while just to do really basic drilling after his late trumpet lesson, but we needed to get him new shoes (outgrew the old ones!) for his concert on Thursday.  I've chosen painting my toes and early to bed instead.  I'm still sleep deprived from the trip and last nights late workout.  Bedfordshire, here I come!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 5.5

Monday - April 26

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.80 miles
  • 17.20 Mi/hr

spin karaoke at endurance

Swim
  • 50m
  • 1737.36 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

300 easy
200 kick easy
100 easy wu
6x100 alt paddles and fins by 100
4x100 alt swim and 1 arm w/ paddles by 25
2x100 w/fins archer drill
100 cd

Decent bike, good to be back in the lab.  Sucky swim.  Very pissed when I left the pool deck.  Theraputic ice cream has been administered, and I feel a tad better. 

Onward to tomorrow.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 RHR: 58 Hours slept: 6.25

Sunday - April 25

Run
  • 40m 06s
  • 4.22 miles
  • 09m 30s /Mi

4 miler from home with 6x30 sec strides

Saturday - April 24

Run
  • 20m
  • 2.00 miles