• 21.29 miles
  • 14.28 Mi/hr

zone 1 ride ...aerobic, recovery ride

Run
  • 1h 00m 05s
  • 5.64 miles
  • 10m 39s /Mi

zone 1/2 run...

James update...he's being held for observation to check for concussion, but things look good!  Big sigh of relief!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25
Swim
  • 1h 20m
  • 3300.00 meters
  • 02m 25s /100 meters

descending ladder
6x50 drill, build 25
600t, :50 rest 6x25 fast :20 rest
500t, :50 rest 5x25 fast
400t, :40 rest 4x25 fast
300t :30 rest 3x25 fast
200t :20 rest 2x25 fast
100t
400 cd swim easy with breast stroke and free (focused on form)

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 27.50 miles
  • 18.33 Mi/hr

24 wu
2x10 threshold 2:30 ar
5x1:00 85,100,90,105,95 alt ar and en
6 cd

Run
  • 30m
  • 2.82 miles
  • 10m 38s /Mi

zone 1 hr run

Strength
  • 25m

core, itb full set

Ran into Terese and got the race report from Galveston Lonestar HalfIM she did a couple weeks ago...she got burnt and her number is still visable from her tan.  Too funny! :) 

Felt good in the pool again today...no cramping.  It's harder to focus on form when doing tempo and speedwork.  I tried, I just wasn't quite as successful as yesterday.  All my tempo sets were running at 2:00 per 100m and my 25's were 22-25.  Wasn't real tired when I got out, just HUNGRY! 

Fast forward to the lab...rode with a twenty something fella who rides in basketball shorts! :)  OW!  That just can't be comfy on spin sets! I felt great on the bike today.  My new (much lower) power numbers were totally doable in the mid to high end of threshold.  So I pushed it a bit and felt great. :)  Yay!  After the ride, I got to pelt Tony with questions I've been thinking about.  Good bonding time with the coach.  While I ran, Ron fixed my missing heel pad on my tri shoes that he ordered for me...he takes such good care of me and the red devil!  He doesn't even laugh when I ask him really stupid questions...which believe me, when it comes to bike repair, I"ve got a LOT of stupid questions.  Is it wrong to crush on your bike mechanic?  No...no I think not.  ;)

Tonight was Miss Kaity's spring band concert...she played beautifully with the Jazz band.  Then something bad happened.  Her friend James had a duet on the side of the stage....the stage was decorated with these large black painted (like the stage floor) boards that held large flower pots for decor.  The board was too close to the edge of the stage blocking the wing that James was to perform the duet on.  In the low light, he just walked off the stage and fell into the pit!  Scared the shit out of everyone in the audience...there were 2 doc's in the house and 911 was called.  He landed on the wall below with his neck in a funny position...the poor thing was moaning down in the pit for a bit...the emt's put him in a neck brace and back board and then the movable pit portion of the stage came up and there he was.  He gave everybody the thumbs up as they left the stage on a stretcher.  His parents are in Korea on business, but he had family that rode with him to the hospital.  Scary stuff. The director was very shaken (his kid and James are best buds), but they did finish the show.  Kaity was really upset so we left at intermission.  Now we just pray for James that everything checks out ok and he's back to school in the morning.  I feel really badly for the parent who chose to put that flower board so close to the edge of the stage.  They won't be sleeping tonight would be my guess.  :(

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7
Swim
  • 1h 35m
  • 3500.00 meters
  • 02m 43s /100 meters

400 wu 100swim, 50kick,100s,50k, 100s
4x300 aerobic below tpace faster each 300 :30
3x300 :30 ditto
2x300 :30 ditto

cd
100 pull
300 swim

Strength
  • 25m

itb full set and core

Crazy morning,  and finally hit the pool.  Forgot my watch...cramped in the warm up...sweet.  Cramped during the 50 kicks and very badly during the last  rep of 300's.  Stopped dead in the drink.  Stretched it out, but had to slow way down to finish.  Cramped again during the cool down, so threw in a little breast stroke and my calves and feet seemed to like that a wee bit better.  Hit the bubble tub and stretched...and cramped again.  Yeesh.  The good news is I looked cute as a button in my new swim suit! ;)  Seriously, the good bit is that during the 300's (not the whole time mind you) I got it.  The angle and placement of my hand into the water, the force coach was looking for on entry, the longer glide, the deeper catch Andi was looking for.  I was really focusing on my glide and not worrying too much about pace (when I focus, I go sllllloooowwww).  I was thinking about the stroke mechanics about 70 percent of the swim, which for a girl with a gnat's attention span, is pretty darn good. There is hope for me yet.  Tomorrow is another big swim and I will be focused...yes...yes I will! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 34m 40s
  • 28.28 miles
  • 17.92 Mi/hr

3 loops of Stoney with Nature Center (not golf course)
zone 1 and 2
avg 145 watts
max 304 watts

Run
  • 30m 09s
  • 2.97 miles
  • 10m 09s /Mi

30 minutes zone 1/2 run...mostly 1

Strength
  • 20m

core and half itb work...floor

I rode and ran at Stoney today, but I am determined to figure out the bug that won't allow me to update garmin stuff.  I will post it when I've figured it out.  Rode the zipps and used the powertap...sweetness.  Not really any faster, but now I know how hard I'm busting my arse when I hit a headwind going uphill! Yell

*YAY!  It worked!  Big Smiley Face!   Now about the ride...right knee and piriformus bugged  me the whole ride, and a little on the run, my lady parts were very unhappy (I was totally comfy on the 60 mile ride in shorts, but not in tights?  Wtf?) and I was a bona fide booger machine.  I don't think I've ever spit or made more snot rockets than on that ride.  EWWW!  I did the run after changing out of the offending tights and my shins were none too pleased either.  Hmmmm.  I don't remember having any shin issues at Willow.  I guess I just need more bricks to toughen up the sticks.  

I need to get an ART adjustment...can't keep putting it off!!!  My parts won't let me.  I was supposed to swim 3500 today, but put it off to Tuesday cause I woke up will a pulled something in my lat.  How do you pull your lat while sleeping?  I must be very talented. * 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6
Strength
  • 25m

full itb and core work

Ate and ate and ate and ate.  Then I ate some more. :)  Slept in, had coffee delivered to my bedside table, read my bike mag in bed for a bit, had brunch and laughs and a nice walk at my sister in laws (to make room for one more brownie!), got taken to the movies to see Iron Man 2 by Bri guy and Kaity made us steak dinner (under the supervision of Dave, so it was actually tasty!)  Finished this fine day off with wine at the neighbors and a little boob tube time, our usual routine.  Pretty much a perfect day!  Laughing

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8.5
Swim
  • 50m
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 47s /100 meters

guess on meters...sighting, buoy turning, stroke mechanics

Run
  • 24m 38s
  • 3.07 miles
  • 08m 01s /Mi

Run tt Race like a Mother 5k

Strength
  • 25m

core and full itb exercises

Well, I should have left Tricia's earlier, but I was having too much fun.  :)  When we got home Dave and I were laughing about some silliness during the evening and Kaity shushed us from her room.  HA!  That made us laugh even more cause of the role reversal! Hee Hee! 

The alarm rang way too early, but the swim was weird and fun.  We swam 10 laps of the perimeter of the pool for warm up and then our stokes got picked apart a bit.  We worked a lot on glide, timing of stroke, and not dropping our arms when breathing.  Then it was time to swim to the "bouy's" ...then the buoy's moved, then he had slower swimmers go out and faster swimmers catching and passing.  Last was a sprint to buoy 1 and moderate to the rest (that moved dag nab it).  Then it was time to swim the perimeter again working on turning around the corners without breaking rythm.  I can actually do that! :)

Next I headed to "Run like a Mother" with Patty, Ann, Jackie and Eric from the team, knowing Rottie and Two hearted were in for the 10k and would be there a little later.  I caught up with them before the race, but didn't see um after cause they have a packed day.  Congrats to Two Hearted on her brand spanking new PR at the 10k!!!  Woo Hoo!!!  And  Rottie gets more hubby bonus points for running interference with that nasty nasty wind!!!

I had 2 wardrobe changes (adding stuff...it was flippin' windy and cold!) and warmed up with the Fraser folks.  Finally we were running...I had a good first mile, decent second mile and HARD third mile straight into the nastiest headwind I've ever encountered!!!  Holy Headwind Batman, it was 30mph!!!  I tried to draft off this girl in front of me (she was drafting off a dude in front of her) but she wasn't big enough to really help so I just kept chuggin along!  I'm really happy with my new pr time considering the wind and my short sleep.  I took the advice given by Jhag, Fromer and of course Ranger...thank you, thank you, and  thank you!  I ran hard, and it went well!  :)  I was 27th overall and 1st in my ag (yes it was a small race) but check this out...for $20 entry fee I got a tech shirt, they had massage (yes...I got me one of those bad boys...10 minutes of heaven!) a good post race spread including hot dogs AND I won a cute little Red Wings hoodie in the raffle!  Sweet! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 3 Hours slept: 5.25
Strength
  • 20m

core and half of the itb stuff..floor work

Day off from the big three...party at Tricia's and lots of laughter with a couple beers for good measure! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.75

TrishM's Training Log

May 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
Time