1x3:00 Threshold 3:00 ar
2x1:00 Vo2max 3:00 ar
1x12:00 Tempo
7cd (walked)

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.18 miles
  • 16.12 Mi/hr
I heard my husband yell at the girls for being too loud at 2:30am, but didn't hear a THING when the storms rolled in at 4:15.  Deadwoman sleeping! :) 

I had every intention of getting up and going to Macomb trail to do my run and bike, but I slept in (so needed it) piddled the morning away, started to dread my run (read avoid) and finally go to it at 2:30...in the heat of the day.  Not so smart.  BUT...I was able to complete the workout as prescribed, talked myself out of quiting a couple minutes early on the last tempo (gawd I was HOT and POOPED) repeat and happy that I did.  I didn't need to quit cause of pulled or tweaked bits...I just was tired and hot.  Too bad...ironmen get tired and hot.  So princess sucked it up and finished, and  I had tempo left in the sticks, so yeah...that was a good decision on my part! :)  The demons are gonna come out on the marathon in Florida, I just know it, and I gotta be ready to tell um to F off!

After running Kaity to study with the principal bassist of the DSO (who happens to be dreamy and 24...oy) we hit the arabic restuarant we're hiring to cater the grad party.  Nom!  Then I was off to the lab to do my easy recovery ride with Steve, who is now the newest member of Team Fraser!  Yay!  :)  I got to just cruise along and encourage him as he did his functional threshold test.  His power card will be very close to mine...his ftw is 3 higher than me, so  the race is on! LOL!  He's a total fish and FAST runner, so yeah, the race isn't really on, but the smack talk definatley is! :)  We celebrated at DQ for a "recovery" cone.  Hmmm, I like the sound of that! ;)

Tomorrow...bike fit and training at ILRA.  Gonna volunteer if they need any help at the tri I think.  Should be fun!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8
Swim
  • 55m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 02m 53s /100 meters

6x100 wu
8x75 swim,catchup,swim :20 r
8x75 6+3, swim, mdps :20
100 cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 26.00 miles
  • 17.33 Mi/hr

24 wu
4x5:00 Vo2Max, 5:00 AR
4x1:00l,1:00b,1:00r,1:00b alt. AR/EN
10:00 ar

Short on sleep, tired from long week, yard work for party, stressful child relations...yep.  It must be Monday.  Was totally dreading going to the lab knowing how much it sucked last week to do vo2max, and knowing it would be a minute longer per interval.  My ass was draggin', and Dave just looked at me and said...this is what you want.  So off I went.  I was super tired driving there, but I just got on Baby and started to pedal (after stretching first...very ouchie today in my lower back).  Then I started to feel a bit better.  I had no problem holding vo2max...in fact, I didn't even realize the interval was over till I heard everyone downshifting to AR.  Say what???  That has NEVER happened before!  So I figured I'd be gassed on the next intervals, but I just kept cruising.  My strongest vo2max ride to date.  I've a new system.  Stop staring at my watts, and focus on my pedals, checking every now and again for proper cadence and power.  Worked like a charm!  That and I didn't race on Sunday.  My what a difference a week makes! :) 

It was awesome to have done some quality work and feel BETTER than when I walked in the door to the lab.  Really awesome!  Sue brought in cupcakes from her birthday, so I partook (fuel for the swim!) and we headed to the pool.  I had a good swim, then tried pull ups.  I suck.  I couldn't even rip one off.  So Andi assisted me and I did 4.  Then Tony being the stud that he is had to come over and do one single armed.  Dude.  I am weak!  Time to get back into the gym for heaven's sake. 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.25
Bike
  • 2h 27m 52s
  • 38.33 miles
  • 15.55 Mi/hr

zone 1/2 ride on Hines Drive

Here's my travel over yesterday and today...Troy to Waterford, to Clarkston, to Royal Oak, to Ortonville, to Waterford.  Then today, Waterford to Dearborn, to Troy, to Waterford and back to Troy.  Oy.  Good thing I bought the Edge! :)  Lots of rambling around, but a great couple of days.  I just LOVE waking up at the lake house and drinking my coffee on the deck.  It's a spectacular way to start the day. 

I had a great ride with Ranger on Hines...there was a TT going on, and while we had to slow roll it on the path for a while, it was VERY cool to see all the snappy kit, skinsuits, shoe covers and 2, count um,  2 Tandem tt teams!  Saweet!  It was windy the whole way out, but speedy on the return.  It was a recovery/aerobic maitanence ride for us both...nice and easy.  Very good times, as always when I train with Ranger!  :)  We could not have had a nicer day for it!  

After we parted ways, I headed back to Troy to fetch the kids, then to the lake for dinner with Dave.  Our niece, nephew, their kids and a friend of their's all had dinner together.  Big fat steaks on the grill!  Nom!!!  And Corona's.  Wow...2 or more beers two days in a row!  What is up with that!?!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Run
  • 1h 07m 05s
  • 6.89 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

lame attempt at threshold repeats

not a very good run...data to follow.  Was supposed to be threshold repeats....very bad attempts at threshold...got a little groove going for a bit at the end.  Legs are kinda trashed.  Butt hurts on both sides...not so bad I can't run, but not too good either.  :(  Boooo!

Wedding for my high school friends daughter, and my nephew's grad party....high heels and beer...good times! :)

Bike
  • 2h 13m 45s
  • 37.87 miles
  • 16.99 Mi/hr

Stoney Creekloop with nature center

Run
  • 20m 03s
  • 1.92 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

brick after ride

Stoney Creek ride zone 1 and 2...nice. It was windy as always.  Did the loop with the nature center(of course there was a headwind going up the long hill), but not the golf course...my legs had enough hills yesterday.  HR was too high on the run for the pace.  Me tired.  Soaked the legs in the drink before heading home.  Ahhhhhhh. :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 2h 04m 56s
  • 35.37 miles
  • 16.99 Mi/hr

2 laps ILRA, 1 Kensington park road with Trixie

Run
  • 22m 51s
  • 2.41 miles
  • 09m 29s /Mi

From Kent lake to underpass and back with Trixie

Swim
  • 41m 23s
  • 1200.00 meters
  • 03m 27s /100 meters

3 laps spring mill with breaks in between, no wetsuit

What a gorgeous day to be at the park!  Finally!  A Thursday where I could attend!  I met Trixie early as I had a 1.5 hour bike /1 hour brick run plus a 1 hour ows on my schedule.  I chose to bike more and run less because of the butt, which was a good choice I think. 

Man, I've forgotten how much energy it takes to climb the hill by the farm! And since we skipped Buno road, we headed straight up the climb to Maple beach!  I was flashing back to my first tri on that puppy!  Ranger was right...ILRA and Kensington had a good off season of training too! ;) 

The run was hard for me...it was awesome to have Miss Trixie to chase, cause I would not have run that fast on my own.  As usual the conversation was stimmulating and she saved my ass with her extra helmet! 

Then we headed to SMP to meet up with the Bt gang.  It was soooo good to train with everyone again!  The water was fine (except for the fisherman who tried to hook KL).  My shoulders and arms were pretty toasted from last nights 1000 yd of pulling, but still ok.  Focused on long and wide, moving more water.  It always seems harder to do that in open water, so that will be my focus moving forward outdoors. 

KL had a mechanical, so I bailed on my short recovery ride and picked the lady in distress up in my car.  :(  So bummed she had a mechanical on her new rig.  That puppy is light though!  Then when the gang got back, MSU Dan and Gdog fixed her flat on her car...(YES...she had a poopy night at ILRA!) and bunch of us went out for chow afterwards.  YUM!  FOOD!  I think Dan was a bit shocked at my clean plate club member status.  He needs to come out and play more...everybody else knows how much I dig my food! :)

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 21.75 miles
  • 14.50 Mi/hr

24 wu
2x10:00 threshold 2:30 ar
7x1:00 85,100,95,105,90 alt ar/en
6 cd

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2286.00 meters
  • 02m 11s /100 meters

8x125 75 swim, 50 drill
500 straight pull buoy/paddles
5x100 descending on 2:30
500 straight pull buoy/paddles

Tired from working on house most of yesterday, working in my garden till ten at night and going back to the house for more today.  My arms were pooped from scrubbing windows and bathrooms even before the pool tonight. 

The course tonight was really hilly.  Not the best course for spinning after threshold.  Yea, 5.8 grade is kinda hard to push a 105 cadence on.  And I even have granny gear.  So a couple sets were just grinding along till the grade changed. 

Swimming was a bit weird...Dominoe was swimming in our lane with his feet bound,  swimming the length underwater doing the dolfin kick,then he was diving for bricks and running along the bottom of the pool...which is a weird thing to see when your used to just looking at the black line.  Then when I finished the last 500 I see a bunch of the guys including Domino and Tony (in his tshirt and shorts) walking on water...sorta.  They were running on mats that they'd tossed into the pool till wiping out.  Which if I'd had any darn energy left, I'd have tried.  It looked like fun!  Next time.

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 6.25

TrishM's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time