• 0.65 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

from spring mill

Swim
  • 09m 30s
  • 520.00 meters
  • 01m 50s /100 meters

1 lap spring mill with coop

very quick swim bike run at  ILRA.  Saw Steve and Karen for a hug and some chat before swimming, and swam one lap with Coop.  Had a decent time with the wetsuit, meh getting on the bike with shoes tied, and decent t2 to shoes and racebelt.  Just wanted to mentally go through everything in the race clothes blah blah blah and do race pacing.  Went ok.  Feel better for having done all three back to back.

Crazy day again.  Investment house, to ilra, to shelby twp to pick granite for the house, to Kaity's concert early to set up and then the concert.  Cleaned the bike in my jammies afterwards at home.  Whew!  So much to do and never enough time.  Guess I need to take Steve S's advice...get faster so training doesn't take as long!  Smart a$$.  Gotta love it though! ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Thursday - June 3

Run
  • 31m 52s
  • 3.21 miles
  • 09m 56s /Mi

10 wu
2x1:30 race pace 2:30 zone1
10 cd

was supposed to do 2xrace pace and did 4.  Oops.  My bad.  Felt good to move it a  little today.  :)

Wednesday - June 2

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.00 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

30 step up wu
4x1:30 vo2max w/ 3:30 ar
10 cd

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 49s /100 meters

400 wu
4x4x50 very fast with :30 rest
50 kick easy w/ fins and board between 4x50's
200 cd

Strength
  • 15m

core routine

Why?  Why is my husband snoring so much lately?  UGH!  He said he doesn't recall me shoving him around to get him to stop, so shoving I will do! 

My Kaity is done with school.  It hasn't hit her yet.  Me either!  She has one more exam and a concert on Friday...that's it.  Happy and sad at the same time.  :)

Blew a flat on my Bianchi in the lab tonight.  Jeeze, I hope this isn't a trend.  Statisically I should be good for Sunday (crosses fingers).  Still need to pick up a replacement tube for the one I used on Sunday.  And a co2 cartridge too. 

Swim was tough, but not.  AC is never any fun in the pool, but it was a short set, so there's the good part.  I'm off to bed as I am running both kids to school, and have to jam in my run before my massage appointment.  Plus lots of paperwork to do too.  Yippee! Paperwork! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Tuesday - June 1

Run
  • 40m 07s
  • 4.12 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

10wu
20 tempo (race pace)
10 cd

Strength
  • 05m

bicycles - 2 sets

Wow...yet another garmin issue.  The unit worked fine today on my run, but now the ant stick isn't being detected by my computer, so it can't see the watch.  That's three issues in as many days.  Enough already!

Taper is awesome.  I actually got 7 loads of laundry done today!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Monday - May 31

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

1 Mile swim in Lake Huron from Pat's beach in Port Huron

Bike
  • 2h 52m
  • 51.80 miles
  • 18.07 Mi/hr

Port Huron to Yale and back with Pat, Simon, Bill and Brian

Strength
  • 10m

roll ups and bicycles

Awesome Awesome Awesome!  I'm so glad I decided to make the trek to Port Huron to ride with Pat.  It was a spectacular swim and ride today!  The bummer was that I accidentally turned on my garmin while hauling tons of stuff home from the lake and the battery was DEAD!  Yet another day of race day  prep info I didn't get!  BOOOO!  I dumbed down Pat's data ( he chased down his buddies a few times and I was just steady eddy) and rode by rpe.  No biggie. 

Highlights: 

Teammate Tall Scott made the trip to swim with us (now I know he has a motorcycle AND a plane)

The swim was smooth and after getting used to the temp, quite lovely! I sighted well and found my groove with the longer stroke!   

Pat's friend (who is 7 years older than I, was short on sleep, and cocktailed the night before asked me , and I quote 
"Trish, do your testicles hurt from the seat when you ride???"  SASSY!  I must admit I threatened to kick his ass, you know, in a teasing sort of way.   I guess he doesn't like to get chicked on the bike lol!

I didn't feel tired after this ride at all.  I felt very good after getting off the bike and getting cleaned up from the flat (I'm a very dirty girl when it comes to changing flats)   

Lowlights:
dead garmin

flat at mile 46...the zipps are a bugger to fix.  I did it mostly by myself...mostly.  Pat got the last bit of the tire over the rim.

twas a bit windy at times, but wind is a great training partner!

Over all, a fabulous day for riding on really nice roads (mostly) and a few hills to mix up the flat ride. Pat is already planning a century ride...I so hope I can make it!  

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - May 30

Run
  • 1h 56m 24s
  • 11.60 miles
  • 10m 02s /Mi

zone 1 and 2 to warm up first part of run, tempo (race pace) for last 5 miles or so.
Ran at Indian Springs Metro Park

Stayed up too late watching Avatar in Blue Ray...cool movie! :)  Decided to relax a bit in the morning and run closer to race run time even though it was gonna be pretty warm.  I figured it was ok cause ISMP is pretty shaded on the path.  I drank about 18 oz. during the 2 hours and was so salty and scratchy on my face afterwards....I felt like Ranger looked at the end of his half IM last year at R4R.  I've never had that happen before.  And my hr data (which is what my coach was after...the tempo hr) was whack.  After the first 30 minutes, it dumped.  LOW.  I don't EVER run at 80 to 90 hr and wouldn't it be nice if I could hold tempo at 110 hr!  So that sucked...no data to base my race on this weekend.  Phooey.  The hill at the end about killed me too.   I was hot by then, and was to run 5 more minutes, but needed to walk it out.  My right groin was grumping going up that hill and I figured why push it for 5 minutes with a race 1 week away.  When I was stretching, my hr got back to "normal" 129.  Stupid hr moniter!

Chilled at the lake for the rest of the day and into the evening.  Did some yard work, cleaned up from the party, went swimming, napped on Howard the pontoon while Dave cruised around the lake, went out for icecream and then relaxed and read on the boat while the boys were hauling up sunfish and bass at sunset.  Awesome! 

I got an offer to ride 52 miles and do an ows with Pat in Port Huron, so I headed home to get my bike and gather my gear at about 10.  It was hard to leave the lake!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.25

Saturday - May 29

Big Fat Rest Day!

Spectated/cheered at the Xterra Tri at Stoney with Brian, and was sending MOJO to all my friends running Bayshore.  Had a lot of fun, picked up some new goggles from Different Strokes who had a booth there, chatted up teammate and ITU pro Chris (in his man-kini!) about R4R and met my Coach's wife and a few teammates better halfs. 

Afterwards, we hit the grocery and then headed to the lake for the family bbq!  The boat got launched yesterday so we ate, cruised, hung out and had a great time.  Man the cheesecake my sister brought was fantastic!  Mmmmmmm!  Cheesecake! :)  I absolutely LOVE the lake.  So glad to have the boat in the water and running right.  It's gonna be a great summer! :)

TrishM's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned