• 50m
  • 1450.00 meters
  • 03m 27s /100 meters

200 wu easy
600 straight set tempo plus :05
4X50 25 scull, 25 dps
5x100 descending on AR time
150 drills with Domino

Working on the race report after doing windows at the Farhill property later today.  Hope to have it finished before heading to the lab, but there is a lot to say, so maybe not till tomorrow! :)

*my quads, glutes and the right knee didn't much care for the first threshold repeat, but as always the first one sucks the most.  It got much better (still hard) after that.  AC was kinda fun.  Grrrr!  Big power for a short time!  Lots of folks were power testing including Tony.  That boy can suffer.  Makes me feel kinda wimpy.  It was good to be a cheerleader for everyone though.  It totally makes a difference in the last few minutes!  

Swim was good (or so I thought) until my descending 100's.  After the last one Andrea gave me a look.  The "I'm disappointed in you young lady" look.  I got the feed back that she thinks I should and could be pulling a LOT more water(again).  The windmill action was brought up (again).  Domino was in the pool and he talked with me and let me watch his stroke.  Then he swam with me and watched me.  He gave me a couple things to think about and swam with me again.  I get it, but it's gonna take a LOT of work to make it habit.  Damn.  Tony jumped in the pool and did his "windmill" stroke, which was hilarious and very extreme to show me how I'm NOT propulsing myself in the water.  Sooooo, coming off of a pr swim in my first HIM, guess what?  I'm STILL doing it wrong! LOL!  If I can figure this out by IMFL, just think how much energy I'll be saving myself!  Yes, I think it's worth it to try and master this.* 

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 24m 56s
  • 2.59 miles
  • 09m 38s /Mi

20 minutes zone 1/2

Legs are still sore in the quads, right glute and right knee.  Felt good to move a bit today though.  Thank goodness Coach isn't making me powertest this week. 

I'm off to get ART, and  a few 70.3 stickers for me and my teammates.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 5.75
I had a bike and swim on my schedule today, but um, no thanks!  I had tons of prep work to do for my final OATH meeting that I'd convinced myself I'd tackle yesterday...ha.  Right.  That, laundry, house stuff and well...no time for working out.  The quads and my right butt and knee were kinda sore too, so I just did my usual stretching at bed time.  That was enough!  Overall...I'm feeling mighty fine considering.  I have bouts of love and deep dislike for my coach, but I must say, I am feeling the love for that guy after following his race plan yesterday!  Yes Tony, I LOVE YOU!

The meeting went great.  A mom hosted at her fancy pants clubhouse, we had lots of 8th grade parents attend and all the board positions that were open got filled except one!  Whew!!!  I am so happy for Lauren that she won't get stuck doing an additional job like I did the last two years.  President is enough for heaven's sake!  I am sure the new board will do a fine job, and I am relieved that it is in good shape for years to come! :)  

I offered to buy Alan and several of the "graduating" parents a drink, so that was how I finished my night off.  :)  

So many first's and last's this week!  My first HIM, last OATH meeting, Brian's last concert of the year, Kaity graduates, and my first time racing at Motor City this weekend.  Wowza.  So much emotion at the Marshall house!  

Swim
  • 38m 44s
  • 2000.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

R4R swim course

Bike
  • 2h 46m 21s
  • 53.43 miles
  • 19.27 Mi/hr

R4R bike course-not including first 2.57 miles and flat time

Run
  • 1h 54m 06s
  • 11.88 miles
  • 09m 36s /Mi

R4R run course

Stormy night, ominous morning and the smell of sharpie...it must be race day! 

Everything got blown away during the night.  Pam and Tony got no sleep camping in a tent at the park...my teammates that stayed up the street in hotels lost power.  Trees were down on the run course so it got changed to a 4 loop affair.  The Fraser tents at transition got blown 2 parking lots away.  No secure transition area, the swim buoy's  had to be retreived and repositioned. The sherriff's department was stretched thin because of all the calls from the storm. There was talk of the race being cancelled, but 3D got it pulled together so we could race.  Great job on their part!

Mini report: 
SWIM: wore my armwarmers under the wetsuit and calf sleeves for the first time...worked fine.  PR swim for me, finally breaking the 2:00 per 100 in a race! Woo Hoo!

BIKE: garmin operator error at the start, flat in the middle, had to pee something fierce at the end.  Super bummed about the flat, but I fixed it (really slowly) myself and got back to business.

RUN: Felt really good on this run!  Loved that I got to run by my teammates and Ranger eight times during the race.  Loved that I saw my teammates racing a bunch on the course.  Loved that my teammate Lil Trish ran with me the last half mile or so.  Bummed that I had to stop to potty twice during the run, that it was a short course, and that my right knee and glute were grumpy during the race a bit. 

So, overall I'm pretty darn happy about the race.  I felt great at the finish following my coaches race strategy, experienced less than ideal conditions and did fine, have the knowledge that I can overcome obstacles in a race and had FUN!  Overall, this was a great first HIM experience, made extra special because of sharing it with so many teammates. 

If Ranger had told me a year ago, that he'd be cheering for me and I'd be racing  the HIM distance I would not have believed it possible.  No way....not even in my dreams.  Somehow my friend and training partner has a way of convincing me otherwise.  Thanks for believing in me Ranger...now stop it already! ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 4.75
Swim
  • 15m
  • 500.00 meters
  • 03m /100 meters

just a quick dip with coach to practice siting and wetsuit removal

Bike
  • 30m
  • 7.00 miles
  • 14.00 Mi/hr

rode the start and finish of the course with coach and some teammates at R4F

I will swim a bit, bike a bit and run a bit all on the course later today.  Swim with Steve S?  and bike and run with the lab rats.  Then a team dinner and to bed.  I feel oddly calm, but like I'm naive about what the day will bring and how challenging this will actually be.  Trying to focus on executing the plan and not letting my head get in the way of what I am doing.  No illusions of grandeur for this girl.  Execute, execute execute...Pace pace pace...Fuel fuel fuel...Finish, finish, finish.  :)  Finish sounds really good! :)

Now if I can get everything packed and ready, all will be well!  Eeeeekk!

*got to Monroe too late to swim with Steve S, but got to chat with him, meet his daughter, saw Marie and Eric, chatted with them too, and got all caught up with Laura (who is dealing with thyroid cancer) and her husband Chris who is racing.  Laura and I met at my first tri back in 2006, and we've been friends ever since! Hung out with the team a bit, then my wonderful coach went for a swim with me, even though he had no goggles, wetsuit and had already swum in the morning.  Lost my brand new 17$ goggles I'd worn once during wetsuit removal.  Sweet.  We hopped on the bikes to ride the start and finish next.  Nothing new here...crap roads and lots of turns.  Then it was time to clean up and we headed to Cracker Barrel for our team dinner, which took FOREVER to get served.  I ate all 3 of my huge pancakes and was kinda sorry later as my belly just kept expanding! :)  Headed to Hotel Potter, dropped my pillow in a puddle on my way into the house and had to use his dryer for my case and pj's that were in the pillow.  Jeeze.  I'm so graceful.  I got to chat with Dave and Nell, then it was time for bed.  Five star accomodations.  I highly recommend Hotel Potter! ;) 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.5
Bike
  • 13m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 18.46 Mi/hr

spring mill to back of park, to big hill and back to lot

Run
  • 06m
  • 0.65 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

from spring mill

Swim
  • 09m 30s
  • 520.00 meters
  • 01m 50s /100 meters

1 lap spring mill with coop

very quick swim bike run at  ILRA.  Saw Steve and Karen for a hug and some chat before swimming, and swam one lap with Coop.  Had a decent time with the wetsuit, meh getting on the bike with shoes tied, and decent t2 to shoes and racebelt.  Just wanted to mentally go through everything in the race clothes blah blah blah and do race pacing.  Went ok.  Feel better for having done all three back to back.

Crazy day again.  Investment house, to ilra, to shelby twp to pick granite for the house, to Kaity's concert early to set up and then the concert.  Cleaned the bike in my jammies afterwards at home.  Whew!  So much to do and never enough time.  Guess I need to take Steve S's advice...get faster so training doesn't take as long!  Smart a$$.  Gotta love it though! ;)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75
Run
  • 31m 52s
  • 3.21 miles
  • 09m 56s /Mi

10 wu
2x1:30 race pace 2:30 zone1
10 cd

was supposed to do 2xrace pace and did 4.  Oops.  My bad.  Felt good to move it a  little today.  :)

TrishM's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
Time
  • November's totals