• 1h 30m
  • 25.75 miles
  • 17.17 Mi/hr

30 wu
3x :30 ac, 2:30 ar
1:00 ac, 5:00 ar
5:00 all out 10:00 ar
20:00 all out 10:00 ar

MOVE IN DAY...BIKE TEST DAY...COULD THIS FIRST DAY OF SEPTEMBER BE MORE STRESSFUL?  I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Took my inhaler during the early part of the testing.  Worked my ass off, and blew off swimming.  Exhausted.

Tuesday - August 31

Swim
  • 58m
  • 3200.00 meters
  • 01m 49s /100 meters

OWS in Lake Erie from Maries

Lots of emotions today getting my nervous daughter ready for departure tomorrow.  Got everything done so I could meet the gang for an OWS in Erie.  I did ask Kaity if she wanted me to stay home, and she said no, she was gonna hang with Meggie, so I went. 

I forgot my watch, so Steve gave me his best guess on time for me (since he's always the first one done!).  About 10 to 15 minutes in I realized I was gonna chafe.  BOOOOO!  Got a nice mark from my swimsuit on the left side. Ow.  :(.  Felt pretty good during the swim working quite a bit on the reach and rotation, but got lazy in the middle like always.  I really enjoyed just swimming today, and thought a lot about IM.  I want to feel that calm during my IM swim...relaxed, warm, pondering the day ahead and enjoying the moment.  Must remember that when I'm about to freak on the beach in PCB come November 6!  :)

After we swam, I got the chance to see all of Marie's medals and trophies.  AWESOME!!!  She has the big shadowbox frame for her IMFL, WI, AZ, and KONA races, I got to see her age group awards for them and her 1st ag for Racine...I was walking around her living room holding the AZ one and like...3 of her medals...I was so distracted I left my wetsuit bag on her kitchen floor!    Seriously...I have some hero worship going on there, and it was reinforced looking at all she's accomplished!  I mean really...the bike splits and runs that girl puts down.  Freakin' awesome! It's so nice that she's just a regular gal, except for that baller athlete thing! :)  But my favorite thing was her waterbottle collection.  I always get crap for the attacking water bottle drawer in the kitchen.  She had a dresser with about 25 bottles on it.  I laughed, cause I know you need um all!  :)  One can never have too many water bottles. 

When I got home, Kaity hugged me up and confessed she and Meggie cried.  Those two have been doing the first day of school together since Meggie moved in.  Now Meg is off to OU today, and Kaity to UofM.  I know they have the type of freindship that no matter how things change, they will be able to sit down and pick up right where they left off, which is a blessing, but it will still be tough on them both to know that the other is not just steps away.  Crap.  I'm crying.  Can't let Kaity see.  Can't

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Monday - August 30

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2034.54 meters
  • 02m 42s /100 meters

4x100 easy wu
5x100 build
tt 20:00 1125, 1:46 per hundred
200 easy cd

Bike
  • 1h 28m
  • 25.63 miles
  • 17.48 Mi/hr

5:00 wu
8x3:00 Ild :30l,1:00 both, :30 rt
4x6:00 Threshold, 2:00 AR
4x:45 AC 3:15 ar
11:00 ar cd

Test week...Blech.  Have I mentioned I hate test week?  :)

Kaity and I got some shopping done (she is starting to really stress about the impending move to the dorms), had a good talk about how it will be ok, and she had a good mock audition with Alex at Orchestra Hall.  She got a nice compliment from him and hopefully, she will heed his message and do well on her audition this Saturday. 

I was feeling tired when I hit the lab, but as always, am amazed at the work I can manage once I get started.  It was fun to ride with Bob...I haven't seen him since Motor City!  My legs are feeling a tad toasty though, so it will be interesting to see how the bike test goes on Wednesday.  I will be tired and  drained for sure from getting Kaity to school.  Maybe it will be just what the doctor ordered to relieve some of my stress!!!  Goal...still kick Steve's butt.  :) 

Then it was off to the pool to do the tt.  I haven't done one in a while, and was hoping my tweaked stroke might get my number up a tad.  And a tad is all I got.  I length.  I'll take it though.  I was rushed to make it to the lab, forgot my banana and Kaity put my always in the car stash of almonds in her purse when we were shopping today, so I was STARVED and had no food to refuel.  I kept thinking about how hungry I was during the test! LOL! 

I looked at the calendar, and low and behold, today was the orchestra picnic!!!  OMG!!!  I miss my orchestra babies!  If Kaity were still at Troy High, I wouldn't be able to do Rev3.  I will miss being at String Camp with all the kids, but I am really looking forward to having a blast with so many friends racing REV3!!!  Not to mention seeing Coop cross the line of his first IM...awesome!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Sunday - August 29

Bike
  • 3h 22m 47s
  • 58.29 miles
  • 17.25 Mi/hr

2 hours 33.23 miles 30 min break
1.5 hours 25.06 miles
avg watts 123
avg rpm 88
Stony Creek loops w/ nature ctr with Ranger

Met Ranger at Stony Creek for the biking part of the challenge his DWD buddies put together.  What a nice group!  Molly put together these awesome shirts and prizes and everybody was so nice!  Next year I run with them too, so I don't have to get a 0 on my shirt! LOL!  Ranger had a great 14.5 mile run before we rode, so he was pretty toasted.  My ride was an easy ride zone 1/2 so it was perfect.  He is a glutton for punishment and instead of hitting the road after the 2 hour bike portion for the challenge, he rode another 1.5 with me so I could get my hours in.  :)  We rolled and stretched and soaked the legs afterward in the lake.  That felt awesome!  The quads were a little sore from the run yesterday, but didn't bother me on the bike.  Just before and after.  I had a little pain in my left glute (Friday too) but I'll have Dr. Karl work that out and keep stretching it.  The most painful thing on the ride was the the rough road on my lady parts.  UGH!  The road around the boat launch just SUCKS!  

After the ride, I went back to the lake to get packed up.  I HAVE to leave that place clean...it is my  sanctuary to come to the clean lake house, so I did 2 loads of laundry, made beds, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, swept up all the DOG HAIR and packed  up all the chow left over.  Whew.  I did blow up the floaty's I'd bought thinking I'd take a dip (Dave covered the boat so no trip to go swim) but I ran out of time to test them out :( .  This weekend for sure! :)

Saturday - August 28

Run
  • 1h 31m 58s
  • 10.17 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

CRIM 10 miler
mid to high tempo (fell short of that pace)
gu at 51 minutes

What a great race!  I was up too late, ate too late and on my feet too much last night, but that was all forgotten come race time!  I got a lift from Paul (thank you Paul!!!) and met a bunch of Jo's MPOY running buddies!  I never did meet up with the Potter gang pre race, but Dave Sr blew by me during the run (and got me inspired to run a bit harder!).  I saw Jen, Smoak (what a nice surprise!!!) and ran with Craig W towards the end.  After the race I saw Tim from PH, and caught up with the Potter crew.  Nell did fantastic in her first 10 miler, and both  the Potter boys had great runs!  We ate and socialized (and I drank 3 beers!) afterwards!   :)

This was an awesome race!  Perfect weather. tons of crowd support along the whole route, water water everywhere (which was awesome after all the hills!), drum lines, marching bands, cheerleaders, frat boys with beer and donuts and according to Jo, folks with coffee, bacon, toast, and cashews too! 

I was supposed to run a bit faster, but the crowds, not knowing the route and the hills kinda kept me off pace.  Dave Sr. got me running a fast mile 4, and Craig and I pushed it home, which was awesome.  I saw one of Jo's buddy's Argenta run by and kept her in my sights as long as I could, but couldn't keep pace with her.  Next year after training for LP, I hope to put down a much better time.  :)  This one is gonna be a must do like Turkey Trot! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Friday - August 27

Bike
  • 1h 58m
  • 32.32 miles
  • 16.43 Mi/hr

Macomb orchard trail
zone 1/2 ride

Fabulous day to be out training...birds, hawks, kids, roadies, cruisers, and a couple really nice ladies in their 70's out on the trail...oh and one teenager with a HUGE stuffie frog strapped to his back.  I mean HUGE!  Viva la Bikers! :)

Off to the lake....and the CRIM in the morning.  Oh boy!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - August 26

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.12 miles
  • 09m 48s /Mi

en run with 8 strides

Swim
  • 51m 43s
  • 2800.00 meters
  • 01m 51s /100 meters

2x out and back at Trout Lake with wetsuit

Bike
  • 1h 21m 30s
  • 24.74 miles
  • 18.21 Mi/hr

ILRA zone 1/2 ride 1st loop with Trixie and Steve B2, second loop with Ranger, Marie and Steve S

Somebody thinks he doesn't snore, and he does.  A lot lately. :(  So a kind of poopy night of sleep for me.

My legs were heavy at first for the run, but felt better by the half way point.  Strides went well. :) 

Finally  got to Twelve Oaks mall to pick up the new ear socks to relpace the totally stinky ones on my flak oakleys.  Thank goodness! Those things reeked!  Ewwww! 

I got to the park and saw Trixie run away from the lot with some hot guy...got changed and then there they were on their bikes!  Turns out its a fellow we'd met about a month ago who'd made a training date with Trixie.  :)  They did her hard bricks and then we spun together for a loop while waiting to hook up with Ranger, Marie and Steve.  Trixe chilled(Steve B2 left) while we did loop 2 and then we all swam.  It was a great day of training...sooo beautiful out! 

I met up with Dave and his brother and his girlfriend for supper.  I had a great salmon dinner with a beer.  Mmmmm.  Beer!  I picked up some groceries for them (they are staying at the lake and the fridge is empty) and when I got to the house, I decided a beer for dessert would be perfect! Mmmmm.  More Beer!  We chatted and finally left so the tired travelers could crash.  Now it's my turn to crash...Me tired!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance