2x35 mins endurance, 15 threshold, 20 ar at Stony

Bike
  • 32m 09s
  • 8.15 miles
  • 15.21 Mi/hr

recovery spin after run at Stony
avg rpm 90
avg watts 102

Woooooo Hoooooo!  I did NOT wimp on the run today.  My legs felt decent considering the week I've had this morning, but come round 2 of the workout, oy....lead legs big time.  I'm so glad I got all three key workouts completed.  Soooo glad.  I know there will be lots more before IMFL, and I figure if I can survive them this week, I'll be ok.  *fingers crossed* 

I did cut my recovery ride short, but Steve and I felt recovery food was a better plan! ;)  Nom.  Food.  I made a pit stop at Yates Cider Mill for increadible fresh cider and warm sugary donuts after Steve and I parted ways. MMMMMMMMM!  I haven't had them in years and I drive by the Cider Mill every time I go to Stony...but today I was so pleased with being done with the hard stuff for the week, I decided to stop.  Totally worth the wait in line!  And my carmel apple after dinner tonight (a big fat steak with wine and veggies) was delish too! 

My brother is right....if I ever stop doing tri's I'm gonna get FAT! LOL!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7

Thursday - September 16

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 26.40 miles
  • 17.60 Mi/hr

3x10:00 endurance, 10 threshold, 10 endurance

Race report is finally up!  Now it's time to run...ugh.

*Run was rained out, so I left the trailhead and headed to Fraser to get my "quality" (read PAIN) workout from tomorrow in today, so I can run tomorrow.  I was warned by Coach in August that the quality work can not be skipped.  Good lord, my legs are ready to strike, but I know I'm tearing them down so they'll be stronger come 11/6.  Still....evil stuff.  Add to it that I was riding alone, and BOOO is all I can say.  I did get to chat up Chris for a few who spent the summer out at the Olympic training center in Colorado, and that was fun. 

Tomorrow is gonna suck big time, and I've a 1.5 hour run on Saturday to follow it up.  I hope it's just perfect running weather and the sunshine makes me smiley.  Yep.  That's what I'm hoping for! 

Thank goodness for my zoot compression tights, shorts and socks.  I think my legs would have fallen off by now if it wern't for the sexy garb.  Seriously.  Fallen off!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

Wednesday - September 15

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 22.80 miles
  • 15.20 Mi/hr

2x 15min endurnace,15 threshold,15 endurance

Swim
  • 45m
  • 1463.04 meters
  • 03m 04s /100 meters

300 wu
2x300 en :20 rest
2x300 tempo :30 rest
2x100 threshold :45 rest
200 cd
100 form with andi

Had a great time at lunch with my very first tri friend Laura today!   She brought me a gift...her chickens lay eggs, and now I've got a dozen in my fridge!   Can't wait to have breakfast tomorrow!!! 

I knew today was gonna be tough.  Yesterday was a challenge on the run, but it ended well. Today' work is one of 3 key workouts to prep for IMFL this week, so I had no choice.  To quote my husband..."this is what you wanted".  Laura told me something her 2x IM husband said to her.  You have to decorate your pain cave.  I was Martha Stewart in the pain cave tonight.  That second set was TOUGH!  No warm up like usual, no spinning out the legs like usual...just endurance and pain.  But by the time the last endurance set was over, my legs felt ok.  Considering.  Then it was off to the pool.  My wo in the email today was kick sets, but I got to do some speed work instead. Including threshold.  Yippee.  Actually, it wasn't too bad.  I worked a bit on my stroke with Andi totally eyeballing me from the pool deck, and I think I got the point she was trying to make.  Now I just have to keep practicing to make it a habit.  Pam filmed me swimming so I could better understand what I was and wasn't doing.  The we had some fun taking pictures under water with Lil Trish, and Andi stuck her face in the drink too...she didn't want to be left out of the fun!  

Tuesday - September 14

Run
  • 1h 10m 06s
  • 6.98 miles
  • 10m 02s /Mi

zone 1-3 un on rolling course

Bike
  • 45m 45s
  • 11.78 miles
  • 15.45 Mi/hr

recovery spin in the hood
87 avg rpm
108 avg watts

Holy crap I soooo did not want to run.  Quads were bitchy and I wore my zoot tights till 2.  Finally decided to put on my running skirt(in my head I run faster in a running skirt...I know.  It makes no sense!), compression socks and get my arse out there.  I did stop at lights, but holy cow...whose quads were those?  I had the most consistent neg. splits I think ever on a run.  That was cool!  And I actually felt decent the last few miles!  Yeah...the quads are still barkin' and tomorrows threshold  bike is gonna suck, but I'm pretty happy about this run!  The bike was so so.  I was hungry, it was windy and I just pooped around the neighborhood.  I cut it a bit short cause I had a meeting at the middle school to get to after dinner,  and I needed to clean up.  15 minutes short won't kill me.  Coach might though! ;)

Lap1 11:02
lap2 10:39
lap3 10:25
lap4 10:10
lap5  9:57
lap6  9:14
lap7  8:48

Monday - September 13

Bike
  • 1h 25m 58s
  • 22.01 miles
  • 15.36 Mi/hr

Macomb orchard trail
recovery spin
87 avg rpm
94 watts avg

Swim
  • 1h 10m
  • 3600.00 meters
  • 01m 56s /100 meters

Lake frickin' cold Erie with Ranger. BRRRRRR!

Ow.  My legs did not want to spin, but I knew I'd feel better for it.  And after I got off the bike I did.  The 25 minute drive home though made them unhappy again.  :( 

Drive some more and swim.  It was flippin' cold!  66.5 or 67!  So much for my nice elongating swim to stretch the body out.  We swam hard to get warm to start, then when we made the turn it was rough as hell....for like 45 minutes of the swim.  Nice.  Curt, the boat owner said it was the roughest swim he'd had out there.   A great day of training for the gulf, but not so hot that it was the day after a half and on a day with 5 hours of driving.  Ugh.  Got so cold afterwards Ranger had to give me his hoodie, and I had jeans and my compression socks on....it was COLD!!!

I slept like crap last night, and was up reading at 3 cause I was wide awake.  Then I woke early too.  WTF?  I hate this perimenopause crappola I tell ya....it stinks!  I did get to enjoy the sun coming up over lake Erie on the balcony while I had my coffee so that was really nice.  And I lucked out and saw all the Coops heading out to their cars and got to give Coop one more hug and congrats before we all headed off for home.  A very long day.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6

Sunday - September 12

Bike
  • 2h 44m 53s
  • 56.00 miles
  • 20.38 Mi/hr

Rev3 bike

Run
  • 2h 03m 02s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

Rev3 run

Swim
  • 37m 10s
  • 1931.21 meters
  • 01m 55s /100 meters

Rev3 swim

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Soreness: 2 Hours slept: 6

Saturday - September 11

Run
  • 05m
  • -----
  • -----

UNDERWEAR RUN!!!!
Smoak was our winner!!!

Swim
  • 15m
  • 500.00 meters
  • 03m /100 meters

pre race swim on coures...total washing machine out there! Awful!

Slept like crap again...keep waking up with hot flashes and then I got a text from my favorite bike shop... before my alarm went off. :(  So I toddled off to the Snoopy Suite aka the bike shop with my red devil so Steve and Russ could affix my race numbers, check every thing out on the stand (it really was a bike shop in there for heavens sakes!) and be sure she was ready to be checked in.  Ranger joined us, and then we all headed down to the swim. 

What a soupy mess!  It was terrible out there!  Props to all the racers in Tawas who actually had to race in that crap!  It was cold and windy, but I finally figured out I could demo a TYR suit, so I went for it with MSUDan and Dave Zarans goggles.  :)  We all get by with a little help from our friends no?  It was total crap, I couldn't see (didn't want to mess with Dave's goggles) and I didn't even get to the first marker buoy.  Screw that crap!  So I head in...start to take off the wetsuit, fall on my ass (of course Ranger saw from the beach! :0) and proceeded to be stuck in said demo suit for like 5 minutes....at least!  DOH!

Before I knew it, Coop was there, my hero, with my wetsuit and it was time for the underpants run!  What a hoot!  A bunch of goofballs in their skivies running circles in front of the hotel entrance!  LOL!  Trixie is just awesome for getting us all to get out there!  It was a great stress reliever for all of us (if not a tad embarrising!)  I'm kinda scared to see the pictures from Russ! :0!

Next up...check in the bikes.  I've never had to do that before.  Leave my baby the night before a race!  :(  But it was fine, even though it rained.  I had dinner with Russ, Paul and Steve at Famous Daves and watched in wonder as Paul had 3 glasses of wine, a half rack of ribs with fries and coleslaw.  Um, yeah...not really the optimum meal I'd choose lol! :)  Paul has a foot injury, so he really didn't think he'd be running the full half mary, so I guess it wasn't such a bad idea!

Tricia and her gang were in the park, then we were both in the room chilling and getting stuff ready and in bed by 10.  It's almost race time!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance