• 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 40s /100 meters

200wu
100 kick
200 free
6x100 at threshold (1:45)
4x50 all out last one was :38!
200 cd

dead legs...couldn't hold vo2max.  :(  Good work in the pool though. 

It's gonna be HOT down in Alabama this weekend.  HOT!  And hilly on the run...not a good combo for this girl.  Nope. Not at all. 

Totally not ready. Must go to bed.  Pooped.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.75
Bike #1
  • 20m
  • 5.50 miles
  • 16.50 Mi/hr

metabolic test at lab
guess on distance

Run #1
  • 20m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 13m 20s /Mi

metabolic testing at lab...guess on distance

Run #2
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 5.75 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

20 wu
4x1:30 vo2max 3;30 ar
20 cd

Bike #2
  • 32m 19s
  • 8.31 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

30 recovery spin
87 avg rpm
93 avg watts

Did my metabolic testing today at Fraser.  Coach will interpret the data to craft the IM plan.  Listened to show tunes and wore a snorkel like mask.  Good times. :)  20 on the bike, and 20 on the treadmill.  Both up to tempo, so not as taxing as a vo2max (which I thought I was doing).  Seems the data needed to plan for long endurance is a different test.  I was totally good with less hurtin'.  Ron also tuned up my baby while I was doing my thing and fixed my garmin ant stick.  I love that guy!

Then I met up with Coop at Indian springs and we did my run workout.  Vo2max taper repeats.  Oh joy.  :)  I'm glad he's still talking to me! :)  He split to pick up his little runner, and I spun out the legs for a loop.  I love doing that after running.  Love it!

Bike
  • 1h 04m 03s
  • 17.97 miles
  • 16.83 Mi/hr

25wu
4x1:30 vo2max, 3:30ar
20 cd
avg rpm 82
avg watts 120

Swim
  • 33m 21s
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

Lake Erie...2xshort break wall

Windy as all get out when I hit Willow.  Had to cut the ride a tad short, but got in all the taper repeat prescribed.  Last one was into the freakin' wind and pardon the pun...blew.  Got it done though! :)

And what was I thinking?  Swimming in Lake Erie when the temp was 64.  Holy head freeze Bat Man!!!  That was some seriously chilly water.  I only did 2 laps with Marie.  I was shaking and cold in my core about 10 or so minutes into the swim.  Curt and Dave swam 4 laps, the studs.  I was still cold when they got back to the boat!  Marie and I just sat below deck and chatted.  She is getting geeked for Kona (and warm water) and I was being all goofy about IMFL. 

Then as usual, we went to eat.  Russ and Steve met Dave and I there.  Russ was a nice surprise! :)  I knew I hadn't worked as hard as usual cause I couldn't kill my pancakes.  That's never happened before! LOL! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5
Bike
  • 3h 06m
  • 50.91 miles
  • 16.42 Mi/hr

With Ranger, Trixie, and John L from Fraser! Loopdy loop at Stony with the nature center

Got my cheerleader on for all my teammates, Aerobaldness and a some virgin triathletes!  AWESOME.  It was great to be a cheerleader, wetsuit zipper, cowbell ringer...not a racer today! :)

After chat and congrats Ranger, John , Trixie and I hit the road.  We had a few mechanicals...Trixie's frankenbike isn't quite put back together from it's travels to Scotland and her wheel tried to come off (thank goodness nothing bad happened), I dropped my chain and Ranger's rear bottlcage decided to part company with his seatpost.  Other than that it was a great day to get my ass handed to me by Ranger.  He was riding strong and I was happy to bring up the rear....all ride! :) 

Tony and I did have a moment post race....that OMFG moment.  We were talking timeline about IMFL...and my stomach dropped to my toes, and my hand clasped over my mouth!!!  The eyes...mine and Tony's...WIDE.  It was exciting and terrifying!    The color is changing in the trees...I rode in an underarmer shirt...it is fall and there is no stopping the march of time.  November 6 is breathing down my neck...it's not some abstract far away date that is...you know.  FAR AWAY!!!!  Holy Shit.  I'm doing an IRONMAN!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25
Run #1
  • 46m 12s
  • 4.31 miles
  • 10m 43s /Mi

With John and Diane at Stony...spliting long run...ok'd by coach

Bike
  • 1h 33m
  • 24.18 miles
  • 15.60 Mi/hr

rode the oly course for the Stony tri with Tony and the gang

Run #2
  • 37m 57s
  • 3.85 miles
  • 09m 52s /Mi

with Tony and Steve at Stony. Rest of Long run!

Nice day of training with my teammates at Stony.  Split my 1.5 hour endurance run in to 2 halves (with coaches blessing) so I could ride with everybody too.  It was great to run with Diane and John.  It's been a long time since we've run together! :)  Then we all got out on the bikes and rode the oly course.  It's a nice course!  I've never ridden out of the park there.  Drivers were getting pretty impatient on the way back in though...didn't care for that!  After we got back, it was time to do the last part of my run.  Steve only went out about 15 minutes with us due to a grumpy left foot, so Tony took me of the path and onto the mtb trail.  It was really nice back there!  Kinder on my tired legs (my shins let me know I've not run any rollers in a loooooong time!) and we had a nice talk too!  Oh, and we did a negative split.  Sweet! :) 

I didn't plan on the 1.5 hour bike, but it was ok cause I did cut a couple rides short this week.  Wow.  LONG WEEK! :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7
Run
  • 2h 20m
  • 13.50 miles
  • 10m 22s /Mi

2x35 mins endurance, 15 threshold, 20 ar at Stony

Bike
  • 32m 09s
  • 8.15 miles
  • 15.21 Mi/hr

recovery spin after run at Stony
avg rpm 90
avg watts 102

Woooooo Hoooooo!  I did NOT wimp on the run today.  My legs felt decent considering the week I've had this morning, but come round 2 of the workout, oy....lead legs big time.  I'm so glad I got all three key workouts completed.  Soooo glad.  I know there will be lots more before IMFL, and I figure if I can survive them this week, I'll be ok.  *fingers crossed* 

I did cut my recovery ride short, but Steve and I felt recovery food was a better plan! ;)  Nom.  Food.  I made a pit stop at Yates Cider Mill for increadible fresh cider and warm sugary donuts after Steve and I parted ways. MMMMMMMMM!  I haven't had them in years and I drive by the Cider Mill every time I go to Stony...but today I was so pleased with being done with the hard stuff for the week, I decided to stop.  Totally worth the wait in line!  And my carmel apple after dinner tonight (a big fat steak with wine and veggies) was delish too! 

My brother is right....if I ever stop doing tri's I'm gonna get FAT! LOL!

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 7
Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 26.40 miles
  • 17.60 Mi/hr

3x10:00 endurance, 10 threshold, 10 endurance

Race report is finally up!  Now it's time to run...ugh.

*Run was rained out, so I left the trailhead and headed to Fraser to get my "quality" (read PAIN) workout from tomorrow in today, so I can run tomorrow.  I was warned by Coach in August that the quality work can not be skipped.  Good lord, my legs are ready to strike, but I know I'm tearing them down so they'll be stronger come 11/6.  Still....evil stuff.  Add to it that I was riding alone, and BOOO is all I can say.  I did get to chat up Chris for a few who spent the summer out at the Olympic training center in Colorado, and that was fun. 

Tomorrow is gonna suck big time, and I've a 1.5 hour run on Saturday to follow it up.  I hope it's just perfect running weather and the sunshine makes me smiley.  Yep.  That's what I'm hoping for! 

Thank goodness for my zoot compression tights, shorts and socks.  I think my legs would have fallen off by now if it wern't for the sexy garb.  Seriously.  Fallen off!*

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
Time