• 09m 44s /Mi

hilly hot course

Swim
  • 33m 28s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 14s /100 meters

no wetsuit
mostly against current

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!  It was very cool to see all the amazing athletes (such speed!!!) out on the course today! 
It was great to have Tony cheering me from the sidelines throughout the race.
It was great to have everyone cheering me at the finish! 
It was great to have the USAT officials on the course which was new to me!!!

All around great time!  Except for the race time itself.  ;)  I knew from the preride and run that this was gonna be super tough.  The fact that my wave was last didn't help this girl who melts in the heat and doesn't run hills.  :)  It didn't seem to slow down any of the other ladies in my ag however! :) I made the executive decision to not kill myself during the run.  I knew I was going to SR...slowest race  time ever because of the course, the heat, the travel.  I knew that I had Halfmax in a week, and that I really really wanted to do well there.  So...I didn't kill myself.  Very wise decision on my part!  Next year I will be better prepared for the race, and hopefully it won't be smokin' hot! 

The heat was bad for us, but the elite/pro waves started in the heat of the day...women at 12:00 noon, and men at 2:00!!!  We watched the men as Chris Lutz who is on the team was competing.  AWESOME!  It was great to see him swim and bike!  The ITU races are draft legal and Domino educated me on strategy and why they were doing what they were doing in the pack.  We saw Matty Reed too!!!  He is TALL!!! And wicked fast!   Chris got lapped unfortunately, which means the end of your race, so we never saw him run, but was a treat it was to see the other pros hammer on the run after the amazing bike!  Sooo cool! 

At the end of the day, my Pamela had qualified for Bejing Worlds and we were all happy to be there and finished.  Oh, and the real bonus of the day...I beat my teammate Pat Ward! LOL!  Now he's been chicked by BOTH the Trish's!  Lil Trish got him at Steelhead, and I got him here.  :)   

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5

Friday - September 24

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 14.19 miles
  • 13.73 Mi/hr

Pre ride AG Nationals Course
HILLY!!! HOT!!!
avg rpm 79
avg watts 107 (got to 585 tho!)

Run
  • 36m 09s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 11m 04s /Mi

run hilly areas of AG Nationals Course HILLY! HOT!!!

Holy Hotness Batman!  We are in Tuscaloosa and it is freaking smokin' hot!  92 at 11am! 

This course is gonna kick my butt!  The bike is challenging and hilly, but the run, OY!  Super steep on a couple hills and I'm the last wave to go off, so I will be on the run in the steam!  OY!!!

It is very exciting to be here though!  All the awesome bikes, athletes and energy!  We got some fun schwag too...a cute tech shirt, a usat cooler, a viser headlamp (gonna use that in IMFL!) a usat hat, lipgloss, free yanks!  Not a bad haul!  We are living the dream...being athletes for the week, and nothing more!  Saweet! :)

Oh yeah...we left Eric behind in transition today! Surprised!!!  We checked all the bikes in, but his rack actually went down and he was checking to see if his bike had any damage.  He is so quiet, we rolled thinking he was in the loo.  Luckily, we didn't get far (like a few hundred yards) when we realized my bunkmate was missing.  He just thought we were screwing with him!  Headcounts from now on!   Laughing

• Health data: Sleep: 1

Thursday - September 23

Run
  • 31m 01s
  • 2.79 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

ar run... in the hood.

HR was very high at beginning, then dropped to normal

Got my little AR run in and besides my hr being jacked the first half mile (WTF?) it was nice.  Avg after it settled down was 135 or so, which is what this run was to be at.  Phew. 

Now to pack for my excellent adventure!  :)  I'll be in a RV full of goof balls (myself included) during a full moon.  This is gonna be fun!

I don't know if I'll be posting during the trip, but I'll try and keep it straight to log later.  I'm getting pretty GEEKED!!!   WoooooHoooooo!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Wednesday - September 22

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.75 miles
  • 16.75 Mi/hr

20 wu
4x1:30 vo2max 3:30 ar
10 en
10ar

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 40s /100 meters

200wu
100 kick
200 free
6x100 at threshold (1:45)
4x50 all out last one was :38!
200 cd

dead legs...couldn't hold vo2max.  :(  Good work in the pool though. 

It's gonna be HOT down in Alabama this weekend.  HOT!  And hilly on the run...not a good combo for this girl.  Nope. Not at all. 

Totally not ready. Must go to bed.  Pooped.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.75

Tuesday - September 21

Bike #1
  • 20m
  • 5.50 miles
  • 16.50 Mi/hr

metabolic test at lab
guess on distance

Run #1
  • 20m
  • 1.50 miles
  • 13m 20s /Mi

metabolic testing at lab...guess on distance

Run #2
  • 1h 00m 02s
  • 5.75 miles
  • 10m 26s /Mi

20 wu
4x1:30 vo2max 3;30 ar
20 cd

Bike #2
  • 32m 19s
  • 8.31 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

30 recovery spin
87 avg rpm
93 avg watts

Did my metabolic testing today at Fraser.  Coach will interpret the data to craft the IM plan.  Listened to show tunes and wore a snorkel like mask.  Good times. :)  20 on the bike, and 20 on the treadmill.  Both up to tempo, so not as taxing as a vo2max (which I thought I was doing).  Seems the data needed to plan for long endurance is a different test.  I was totally good with less hurtin'.  Ron also tuned up my baby while I was doing my thing and fixed my garmin ant stick.  I love that guy!

Then I met up with Coop at Indian springs and we did my run workout.  Vo2max taper repeats.  Oh joy.  :)  I'm glad he's still talking to me! :)  He split to pick up his little runner, and I spun out the legs for a loop.  I love doing that after running.  Love it!

Monday - September 20

Bike
  • 1h 04m 03s
  • 17.97 miles
  • 16.83 Mi/hr

25wu
4x1:30 vo2max, 3:30ar
20 cd
avg rpm 82
avg watts 120

Swim
  • 33m 21s
  • 1600.00 meters
  • 02m 05s /100 meters

Lake Erie...2xshort break wall

Windy as all get out when I hit Willow.  Had to cut the ride a tad short, but got in all the taper repeat prescribed.  Last one was into the freakin' wind and pardon the pun...blew.  Got it done though! :)

And what was I thinking?  Swimming in Lake Erie when the temp was 64.  Holy head freeze Bat Man!!!  That was some seriously chilly water.  I only did 2 laps with Marie.  I was shaking and cold in my core about 10 or so minutes into the swim.  Curt and Dave swam 4 laps, the studs.  I was still cold when they got back to the boat!  Marie and I just sat below deck and chatted.  She is getting geeked for Kona (and warm water) and I was being all goofy about IMFL. 

Then as usual, we went to eat.  Russ and Steve met Dave and I there.  Russ was a nice surprise! :)  I knew I hadn't worked as hard as usual cause I couldn't kill my pancakes.  That's never happened before! LOL! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Sunday - September 19

Bike
  • 3h 06m
  • 50.91 miles
  • 16.42 Mi/hr

With Ranger, Trixie, and John L from Fraser! Loopdy loop at Stony with the nature center

Got my cheerleader on for all my teammates, Aerobaldness and a some virgin triathletes!  AWESOME.  It was great to be a cheerleader, wetsuit zipper, cowbell ringer...not a racer today! :)

After chat and congrats Ranger, John , Trixie and I hit the road.  We had a few mechanicals...Trixie's frankenbike isn't quite put back together from it's travels to Scotland and her wheel tried to come off (thank goodness nothing bad happened), I dropped my chain and Ranger's rear bottlcage decided to part company with his seatpost.  Other than that it was a great day to get my ass handed to me by Ranger.  He was riding strong and I was happy to bring up the rear....all ride! :) 

Tony and I did have a moment post race....that OMFG moment.  We were talking timeline about IMFL...and my stomach dropped to my toes, and my hand clasped over my mouth!!!  The eyes...mine and Tony's...WIDE.  It was exciting and terrifying!    The color is changing in the trees...I rode in an underarmer shirt...it is fall and there is no stopping the march of time.  November 6 is breathing down my neck...it's not some abstract far away date that is...you know.  FAR AWAY!!!!  Holy Shit.  I'm doing an IRONMAN!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance