with Andi

Bike
  • 1h 01m 57s
  • 15.13 miles
  • 14.65 Mi/hr

easy ride with Andi,Eric, Pat, Pam and Domino
avg rpm 94
avg watts 108

Totally nailed the threshold repeats today!  Sweetness!  First time in a long time I've felt good on a challenging run!  WHOO HOO!  Ran along Ocean Blvd, across Hwy 17 and into a little college campus area before turning around.  I though about running on the beach, but with my other running shoes soaked and smelly, I figured it would be wise to keep my racing shoes for Saturday dry,  I could get used to running with an ocean view though! 

The ride was windy and uneventful.  Happily so.  So nice to have bike lanes and an ocean view, even if the skies were grumpy and the ocean kind of gloomy.  I think I'm gonna miss this view!

Have I mentioned I am eating like a very hungry triathlete MAN?  I am snacking like Pat, and keeping up with the boys on the chow.  This is gonna catch up to me, I swear!  Pancakes, crepes, peanut M&M's, Yingling beer (delish!), pringles and christmas crack.  OY!  Or rather OINK!

Monday - September 27

Bike
  • 1h 50m
  • 20.00 miles
  • 10.91 Mi/hr

In Myrtle Beach along Ocean Blvd in the POURING RAIN, WIND and SHIT!!!

Run
  • 30m
  • 3.20 miles
  • 09m 23s /Mi

was supposed to be "embarrasingly slow" but ran with Andi and Domino

Goodness the rain!  Group ride was supposed to be en/threshold but with the POURING rain, wind, and unfamiliar route, it was a slow roll slog fest of water and yuck!.  We did manage to make it to the transition area outside the hotel where the race will be.  Didn't really get to ride the course at all as it's on a main highway.  Everything is wet and a mess.  Everything!

Then we ran our "easy" run.  But, because I am the slowest person in the RV, easy wasn't as easy for me as it should have been.  I should be running 11:30's on these runs, but I was with the young power couple whose easy is 9's.  They ran realllllly slowly for them, and I stepped it up a tad.  Beats running alone.  :)

Watched Superbad tonight.  Laughed my ass off!  McLovin'!  What a hoot!  The boy's have a favorite line from the movie...I think we'll be hearing that a lot this week. 

Still raining! OY!

Sunday - September 26

Run
  • 40m
  • 3.60 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

run to race site and back, running cheering on Coach!

Coach's turn to race!  Tony raced the sprint and had himself an 8 person cheering/coaching section!  I don't think he likes being the one coached! :)  He had a much better day for racing than us.  Cooler, cloudy and rainy. 

It went like this:

Watch him start, run to swim out, scream our heads off and ring cowbells loudly, run to transition/bikemount while screaming our heads off, wait for bike in, scream heads off and ring cowbells loudly, run to run course, watch as he heads out, run to finish area, stand under trees cause its pouring now, here he comes...commence to screaming our heads off and ringing cowbells loudly.  Coach is done!  5th in AG...but he did warn us the motorcycles were following him a lot on the bike.  Ended up he was dq'd for drafting and blocking. :(  It was amazing to see him working soooo hard.  He always says he's not an athlete, he's a coach.  Liar.  He is one hell of an athlete, my coach!  :) 

Shawn also raced the sprint (he is a beast...a beast I say!) and got second in his AG and qualified for worlds too.  Of course, we hollered and cowbelled for him too!  Very awesome to be there to support him!  :)

So the rain...yeah.  Pretty much it rained on us the whole day once it started.  Ew.

Saturday - September 25

Bike
  • 1h 13m 04s
  • 24.82 miles
  • 20.38 Mi/hr

2 loop hilly course

Run
  • 1h 00m 19s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 09m 44s /Mi

hilly hot course

Swim
  • 33m 28s
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 14s /100 meters

no wetsuit
mostly against current

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!  It was very cool to see all the amazing athletes (such speed!!!) out on the course today! 
It was great to have Tony cheering me from the sidelines throughout the race.
It was great to have everyone cheering me at the finish! 
It was great to have the USAT officials on the course which was new to me!!!

All around great time!  Except for the race time itself.  ;)  I knew from the preride and run that this was gonna be super tough.  The fact that my wave was last didn't help this girl who melts in the heat and doesn't run hills.  :)  It didn't seem to slow down any of the other ladies in my ag however! :) I made the executive decision to not kill myself during the run.  I knew I was going to SR...slowest race  time ever because of the course, the heat, the travel.  I knew that I had Halfmax in a week, and that I really really wanted to do well there.  So...I didn't kill myself.  Very wise decision on my part!  Next year I will be better prepared for the race, and hopefully it won't be smokin' hot! 

The heat was bad for us, but the elite/pro waves started in the heat of the day...women at 12:00 noon, and men at 2:00!!!  We watched the men as Chris Lutz who is on the team was competing.  AWESOME!  It was great to see him swim and bike!  The ITU races are draft legal and Domino educated me on strategy and why they were doing what they were doing in the pack.  We saw Matty Reed too!!!  He is TALL!!! And wicked fast!   Chris got lapped unfortunately, which means the end of your race, so we never saw him run, but was a treat it was to see the other pros hammer on the run after the amazing bike!  Sooo cool! 

At the end of the day, my Pamela had qualified for Bejing Worlds and we were all happy to be there and finished.  Oh, and the real bonus of the day...I beat my teammate Pat Ward! LOL!  Now he's been chicked by BOTH the Trish's!  Lil Trish got him at Steelhead, and I got him here.  :)   

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5

Friday - September 24

Bike
  • 1h 02m
  • 14.19 miles
  • 13.73 Mi/hr

Pre ride AG Nationals Course
HILLY!!! HOT!!!
avg rpm 79
avg watts 107 (got to 585 tho!)

Run
  • 36m 09s
  • 3.27 miles
  • 11m 04s /Mi

run hilly areas of AG Nationals Course HILLY! HOT!!!

Holy Hotness Batman!  We are in Tuscaloosa and it is freaking smokin' hot!  92 at 11am! 

This course is gonna kick my butt!  The bike is challenging and hilly, but the run, OY!  Super steep on a couple hills and I'm the last wave to go off, so I will be on the run in the steam!  OY!!!

It is very exciting to be here though!  All the awesome bikes, athletes and energy!  We got some fun schwag too...a cute tech shirt, a usat cooler, a viser headlamp (gonna use that in IMFL!) a usat hat, lipgloss, free yanks!  Not a bad haul!  We are living the dream...being athletes for the week, and nothing more!  Saweet! :)

Oh yeah...we left Eric behind in transition today! Surprised!!!  We checked all the bikes in, but his rack actually went down and he was checking to see if his bike had any damage.  He is so quiet, we rolled thinking he was in the loo.  Luckily, we didn't get far (like a few hundred yards) when we realized my bunkmate was missing.  He just thought we were screwing with him!  Headcounts from now on!   Laughing

• Health data: Sleep: 1

Thursday - September 23

Run
  • 31m 01s
  • 2.79 miles
  • 11m 07s /Mi

ar run... in the hood.

HR was very high at beginning, then dropped to normal

Got my little AR run in and besides my hr being jacked the first half mile (WTF?) it was nice.  Avg after it settled down was 135 or so, which is what this run was to be at.  Phew. 

Now to pack for my excellent adventure!  :)  I'll be in a RV full of goof balls (myself included) during a full moon.  This is gonna be fun!

I don't know if I'll be posting during the trip, but I'll try and keep it straight to log later.  I'm getting pretty GEEKED!!!   WoooooHoooooo!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.25

Wednesday - September 22

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 16.75 miles
  • 16.75 Mi/hr

20 wu
4x1:30 vo2max 3:30 ar
10 en
10ar

Swim
  • 40m
  • 1500.00 meters
  • 02m 40s /100 meters

200wu
100 kick
200 free
6x100 at threshold (1:45)
4x50 all out last one was :38!
200 cd

dead legs...couldn't hold vo2max.  :(  Good work in the pool though. 

It's gonna be HOT down in Alabama this weekend.  HOT!  And hilly on the run...not a good combo for this girl.  Nope. Not at all. 

Totally not ready. Must go to bed.  Pooped.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Fatigue: 2 Hours slept: 5.75

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance