Low 56F
SATURDAY
Thundery outbreaks in nearby
High 78F
Low 64F

Saturday - September 4

Sicky poo...no running today. :{

Friday - September 3

Head still hurts.  Taking today off.  Going to AA to exchange the fridge and take the girl to dinner.  She is not happy...crying and stressed and not coping well.  Hopefully the roommate will arrive today and things will improve. Fingers crossed.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Thursday - September 2

Run
  • 2h 12m
  • 11.69 miles
  • 11m 17s /Mi

2 hour long run tempo finish

Epic fail on run.  Slept like shit, woke up like 4 times, headache and stuffed up.  Woke up early, then had chills and went back to bed for about an hour.  Finally convinced my self to run and the first part was ok.  Went a new way to Beach road (my favorite place to run in Troy) and that was cool.  But my stomach was grumpy for most of the run, and when it was time to go tempo pace I could only gut  out 15 minutes.  My stomach and energy was in the pooper.  I tried to convince myself several times to run again (yes, I was walking) and I just couldn't.  I was about 2 miles from home and I didn't care.  Finally it started to pour on the last mile, and that was the only thing that got me moving again.  :(  Took my temp later in the day and it was 101.5.  No wonder I felt like shit.  Taper is no time to be sick damn it.   And I had to cancel my vo2max test for the morning.  I was planning on using that data for Rev 3.  Coach is going to Budapest with Andi for Worlds on Tuesday so no chance to reschedule before he leaves.  BOOOOO!

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - September 1

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.75 miles
  • 17.17 Mi/hr

30 wu
3x :30 ac, 2:30 ar
1:00 ac, 5:00 ar
5:00 all out 10:00 ar
20:00 all out 10:00 ar

MOVE IN DAY...BIKE TEST DAY...COULD THIS FIRST DAY OF SEPTEMBER BE MORE STRESSFUL?  I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Took my inhaler during the early part of the testing.  Worked my ass off, and blew off swimming.  Exhausted.

Tuesday - August 31

Swim
  • 58m
  • 3200.00 meters
  • 01m 49s /100 meters

OWS in Lake Erie from Maries

Lots of emotions today getting my nervous daughter ready for departure tomorrow.  Got everything done so I could meet the gang for an OWS in Erie.  I did ask Kaity if she wanted me to stay home, and she said no, she was gonna hang with Meggie, so I went. 

I forgot my watch, so Steve gave me his best guess on time for me (since he's always the first one done!).  About 10 to 15 minutes in I realized I was gonna chafe.  BOOOOO!  Got a nice mark from my swimsuit on the left side. Ow.  :(.  Felt pretty good during the swim working quite a bit on the reach and rotation, but got lazy in the middle like always.  I really enjoyed just swimming today, and thought a lot about IM.  I want to feel that calm during my IM swim...relaxed, warm, pondering the day ahead and enjoying the moment.  Must remember that when I'm about to freak on the beach in PCB come November 6!  :)

After we swam, I got the chance to see all of Marie's medals and trophies.  AWESOME!!!  She has the big shadowbox frame for her IMFL, WI, AZ, and KONA races, I got to see her age group awards for them and her 1st ag for Racine...I was walking around her living room holding the AZ one and like...3 of her medals...I was so distracted I left my wetsuit bag on her kitchen floor!    Seriously...I have some hero worship going on there, and it was reinforced looking at all she's accomplished!  I mean really...the bike splits and runs that girl puts down.  Freakin' awesome! It's so nice that she's just a regular gal, except for that baller athlete thing! :)  But my favorite thing was her waterbottle collection.  I always get crap for the attacking water bottle drawer in the kitchen.  She had a dresser with about 25 bottles on it.  I laughed, cause I know you need um all!  :)  One can never have too many water bottles. 

When I got home, Kaity hugged me up and confessed she and Meggie cried.  Those two have been doing the first day of school together since Meggie moved in.  Now Meg is off to OU today, and Kaity to UofM.  I know they have the type of freindship that no matter how things change, they will be able to sit down and pick up right where they left off, which is a blessing, but it will still be tough on them both to know that the other is not just steps away.  Crap.  I'm crying.  Can't let Kaity see.  Can't

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Monday - August 30

Swim
  • 55m
  • 2034.54 meters
  • 02m 42s /100 meters

4x100 easy wu
5x100 build
tt 20:00 1125, 1:46 per hundred
200 easy cd

Bike
  • 1h 28m
  • 25.63 miles
  • 17.48 Mi/hr

5:00 wu
8x3:00 Ild :30l,1:00 both, :30 rt
4x6:00 Threshold, 2:00 AR
4x:45 AC 3:15 ar
11:00 ar cd

Test week...Blech.  Have I mentioned I hate test week?  :)

Kaity and I got some shopping done (she is starting to really stress about the impending move to the dorms), had a good talk about how it will be ok, and she had a good mock audition with Alex at Orchestra Hall.  She got a nice compliment from him and hopefully, she will heed his message and do well on her audition this Saturday. 

I was feeling tired when I hit the lab, but as always, am amazed at the work I can manage once I get started.  It was fun to ride with Bob...I haven't seen him since Motor City!  My legs are feeling a tad toasty though, so it will be interesting to see how the bike test goes on Wednesday.  I will be tired and  drained for sure from getting Kaity to school.  Maybe it will be just what the doctor ordered to relieve some of my stress!!!  Goal...still kick Steve's butt.  :) 

Then it was off to the pool to do the tt.  I haven't done one in a while, and was hoping my tweaked stroke might get my number up a tad.  And a tad is all I got.  I length.  I'll take it though.  I was rushed to make it to the lab, forgot my banana and Kaity put my always in the car stash of almonds in her purse when we were shopping today, so I was STARVED and had no food to refuel.  I kept thinking about how hungry I was during the test! LOL! 

I looked at the calendar, and low and behold, today was the orchestra picnic!!!  OMG!!!  I miss my orchestra babies!  If Kaity were still at Troy High, I wouldn't be able to do Rev3.  I will miss being at String Camp with all the kids, but I am really looking forward to having a blast with so many friends racing REV3!!!  Not to mention seeing Coop cross the line of his first IM...awesome!!!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.75

Sunday - August 29

Bike
  • 3h 22m 47s
  • 58.29 miles
  • 17.25 Mi/hr

2 hours 33.23 miles 30 min break
1.5 hours 25.06 miles
avg watts 123
avg rpm 88
Stony Creek loops w/ nature ctr with Ranger

Met Ranger at Stony Creek for the biking part of the challenge his DWD buddies put together.  What a nice group!  Molly put together these awesome shirts and prizes and everybody was so nice!  Next year I run with them too, so I don't have to get a 0 on my shirt! LOL!  Ranger had a great 14.5 mile run before we rode, so he was pretty toasted.  My ride was an easy ride zone 1/2 so it was perfect.  He is a glutton for punishment and instead of hitting the road after the 2 hour bike portion for the challenge, he rode another 1.5 with me so I could get my hours in.  :)  We rolled and stretched and soaked the legs afterward in the lake.  That felt awesome!  The quads were a little sore from the run yesterday, but didn't bother me on the bike.  Just before and after.  I had a little pain in my left glute (Friday too) but I'll have Dr. Karl work that out and keep stretching it.  The most painful thing on the ride was the the rough road on my lady parts.  UGH!  The road around the boat launch just SUCKS!  

After the ride, I went back to the lake to get packed up.  I HAVE to leave that place clean...it is my  sanctuary to come to the clean lake house, so I did 2 loads of laundry, made beds, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, swept up all the DOG HAIR and packed  up all the chow left over.  Whew.  I did blow up the floaty's I'd bought thinking I'd take a dip (Dave covered the boat so no trip to go swim) but I ran out of time to test them out :( .  This weekend for sure! :)

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance

Actual vs Planned