6x1:30 vo2max 3:30 ar
30 cd

Swim
  • 20m
  • 700.00 meters
  • 02m 52s /100 meters

500 wu
porpoising
ac work...run into pool, run through h20, porpoise, swim, get out of pool, run pool deck repeat for 5:00
drafting swimming, 4 in a lane swimming
100 cd

Fun fun fun in the lab and pool tonight.  Only Dominoe can sing AND dance while pushing 340 watts in a threshold interval.  I love that kid!!! :)  Lots of laughter and singing tonight!  Holidays are fun in the lab!  :)  I got to give Andrea a BIG hug to send her on her way to Worlds in Budapest too.  She will do great I'm sure.  I'm so excited for her! 

We did goofy stuff at the pool.  It was fun, silly and hopefully helpful.  I actually liked the ac in and out of the pool,  except for when John yanked on my big ole feet and then passed me the stinker! :) 

I also got to talk to Coach about REV3 and his lofty goals for me.  He reminded me I want to race it.  "So yeah, you should be almost dead  "were his words about taking a day off afterwards.  Gulp.  

Will enter all my data tomorrow...it's a bloody school night! :( 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 8.25

Sunday - September 5

Bike
  • 1h 56m 58s
  • 34.52 miles
  • 17.71 Mi/hr

Hines drive to 7 Mile and back with Ranger and Jay (for part)
Mostly zone 1...easy on pedals
avg rpm 87
avg watts 137

Chilly and windy on the way out, nice tail wind on the way back.  Jay was nice and slow while I rode with the boys...he is a total speedster, so I appreciated his going out slower on my account.  Biking is my favorite bit, Ranger is my #1 training partner, and I still was not geeked to go and ride.  It was a beautiful day, my legs knew what to do and I'm glad I went, but it took half the ride to get into it.  Glad I had the date to ride with Ranger, otherwise I might have bailed on the time early.  Legs were happy about getting some movement after being off sick.  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 8

Saturday - September 4

Sicky poo...no running today. :{

Friday - September 3

Head still hurts.  Taking today off.  Going to AA to exchange the fridge and take the girl to dinner.  She is not happy...crying and stressed and not coping well.  Hopefully the roommate will arrive today and things will improve. Fingers crossed.

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Sick: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Thursday - September 2

Run
  • 2h 12m
  • 11.69 miles
  • 11m 17s /Mi

2 hour long run tempo finish

Epic fail on run.  Slept like shit, woke up like 4 times, headache and stuffed up.  Woke up early, then had chills and went back to bed for about an hour.  Finally convinced my self to run and the first part was ok.  Went a new way to Beach road (my favorite place to run in Troy) and that was cool.  But my stomach was grumpy for most of the run, and when it was time to go tempo pace I could only gut  out 15 minutes.  My stomach and energy was in the pooper.  I tried to convince myself several times to run again (yes, I was walking) and I just couldn't.  I was about 2 miles from home and I didn't care.  Finally it started to pour on the last mile, and that was the only thing that got me moving again.  :(  Took my temp later in the day and it was 101.5.  No wonder I felt like shit.  Taper is no time to be sick damn it.   And I had to cancel my vo2max test for the morning.  I was planning on using that data for Rev 3.  Coach is going to Budapest with Andi for Worlds on Tuesday so no chance to reschedule before he leaves.  BOOOOO!

• Health data: Sleep: 1 Sick: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - September 1

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 25.75 miles
  • 17.17 Mi/hr

30 wu
3x :30 ac, 2:30 ar
1:00 ac, 5:00 ar
5:00 all out 10:00 ar
20:00 all out 10:00 ar

MOVE IN DAY...BIKE TEST DAY...COULD THIS FIRST DAY OF SEPTEMBER BE MORE STRESSFUL?  I DON'T THINK SO!!!

Took my inhaler during the early part of the testing.  Worked my ass off, and blew off swimming.  Exhausted.

Tuesday - August 31

Swim
  • 58m
  • 3200.00 meters
  • 01m 49s /100 meters

OWS in Lake Erie from Maries

Lots of emotions today getting my nervous daughter ready for departure tomorrow.  Got everything done so I could meet the gang for an OWS in Erie.  I did ask Kaity if she wanted me to stay home, and she said no, she was gonna hang with Meggie, so I went. 

I forgot my watch, so Steve gave me his best guess on time for me (since he's always the first one done!).  About 10 to 15 minutes in I realized I was gonna chafe.  BOOOOO!  Got a nice mark from my swimsuit on the left side. Ow.  :(.  Felt pretty good during the swim working quite a bit on the reach and rotation, but got lazy in the middle like always.  I really enjoyed just swimming today, and thought a lot about IM.  I want to feel that calm during my IM swim...relaxed, warm, pondering the day ahead and enjoying the moment.  Must remember that when I'm about to freak on the beach in PCB come November 6!  :)

After we swam, I got the chance to see all of Marie's medals and trophies.  AWESOME!!!  She has the big shadowbox frame for her IMFL, WI, AZ, and KONA races, I got to see her age group awards for them and her 1st ag for Racine...I was walking around her living room holding the AZ one and like...3 of her medals...I was so distracted I left my wetsuit bag on her kitchen floor!    Seriously...I have some hero worship going on there, and it was reinforced looking at all she's accomplished!  I mean really...the bike splits and runs that girl puts down.  Freakin' awesome! It's so nice that she's just a regular gal, except for that baller athlete thing! :)  But my favorite thing was her waterbottle collection.  I always get crap for the attacking water bottle drawer in the kitchen.  She had a dresser with about 25 bottles on it.  I laughed, cause I know you need um all!  :)  One can never have too many water bottles. 

When I got home, Kaity hugged me up and confessed she and Meggie cried.  Those two have been doing the first day of school together since Meggie moved in.  Now Meg is off to OU today, and Kaity to UofM.  I know they have the type of freindship that no matter how things change, they will be able to sit down and pick up right where they left off, which is a blessing, but it will still be tough on them both to know that the other is not just steps away.  Crap.  I'm crying.  Can't let Kaity see.  Can't

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

September 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Volume

Time
Distance