High 74F
Low 53F

Tuesday - April 12

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.31 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi

10 wu
6x 2:00 tempo,1:00 walk,1:00 tempo,:30 walk, :30 tempo, 2:30 walk all at 6% incline
5cd

Strength
  • 15m

core work...as prescribed

Nom nom nom...hill repeats!  I don't like them, they are hard, but I got STRONGER today.  Yeah baby!

Dropped my better half off at the airport, went straight to the gym and got my run on.  No dreading, no waiting till 1 to finally get going.  I decided it was foolish to waste so much engergy avoiding something I'd end up doing anyhow.  I'll avoid laundry instead!  :)  It was hard, I was a sweaty mess, I rocked my skirt and BT RAWK SQUAD shirt, and I love getting stronger. 

The day is going to be productive...time to get things done!  Oh, and SUNSHINE is AWESOME!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Monday - April 11

Swim
  • 42m 34s
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

400 ar/en
4x75 swim/mdps/swim 19,18,17,19
4x200 en on 4:15
4x50 vo2max on 1:15 52,51,51,53
100 cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 27.21 miles
  • 18.14 Mi/hr

25 wu
6x1:00 ild, 4:00 Tempo, 1:00 ild, 4:00 Tempo
5 cd

Finally got back in the pool.  Felt ok.  Now I know why I'm an endurance girl...sprints SUCK!  And I suck at them!

Tomorrow I drop Dave at the airport and track practice starts for Brian.  I'm going to be a busy single mom for the next week! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

Sunday - April 10

Bike
  • 2h 11m 44s
  • 31.03 miles
  • 14.13 Mi/hr

Macomb orchard trail and Armada with Pammy and Jules...bike n bitch!

Run
  • 28m 54s
  • 3.13 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

from the house...HOT! Whoo hoo!

Swim
  • 45m
  • 850.00 meters
  • 05m 17s /100 meters

OU pool with Coach Bonnie and team...filmed in water, drills and 1 200 at the very end

Biked, ran and swam...updates in the morning...I'm full of Joannes red wine and pooped, plus (bahhhh) it's a school night!

*Foggy easy peasy spin with Pammy and Jules.  Was glad I had the underarmor top and my team jacket!  The sun finally came out with about 15 minutes left in the ride.  But it is soooo spring.  The spring peepers were just a singin' their sexy song! LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing the spring peepers sing while I ride! It makes me happy!!! 

So I went from knickers and underarmor to a running skirt and sleeveless top.  The heat affected my hr on this little run!  My tummy got a bit grumpy too, and when I decided to run through the little tiny trail by the school(which was toooo muddy), a tree bit me, but who cares!  Sun, wind, warm.  Yessss!

Then after some food, I went to OU for my first team swim with Bonnie.  We started from square one with very basic drills, got ourselves taped above and below the water and did a 200 to finish.  But the best part is that I got pulled over before the swim on campus, and DIDN'T get a ticket.  So deserved one, but the luck of the irish was with me!  Thank goodness! :)*

• Health data: Sleep: 3

Saturday - April 9

Unscheduled day off...wow...three white days in one week. Oh my!

Friday - April 8

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 13.00 miles
  • 13.00 Mi/hr

drainer active recovery ride watching Lake Placid Coach Tony Dvd...wowza...can't wait to see the rest!!!

more de crapping of Chez Marshall.  Quick spin for an hour late in the day as my plan called for.  Recovery weeks are hard.  :)  I lose motivation to do my work outs with these pesky days off!

• Health data: Hours slept: 8

Thursday - April 7

Wednesday - April 6

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 24.50 miles
  • 16.33 Mi/hr

30 wu
3x:10 Max power, 2:50 ar
1:00 max power, 4:00 ar
5:00 max power, 10:00 ar
20:00 max power (test) 10:00 ar

Ate like an oinker last night at J. Alexanders with Dave.  Wine, check.  Steak, check. Smashed garlic taters, check.  Giant carrot cake with frosting, check!  We shared all of the above and a cobb salad ( I had some, not tons) but MOOOOOO!  Big number on the scale today.  :(  I've been having a hard time being motivated to eat cleanly.  I bet my eat clean mojo is hanging out at a bar drinking and smoking big fat stoagies with my swim motivation.  :(

Well, tonight was power test night and after a day off from training yesterday (don't be fooled...I worked my fanny off de-crapping my son's room with him...lots of toting and lugging and up and down the stairs...but very statisfied with with the results!)  I had hopes of a great test, but it didn't go so hot.  It hurt like hell and I wanted to quit about 10 minutes in, but I figured I'd suffered through almost all of it, so finish it out.  And I did.  The bonus is I was the least stressed I've ever been about a test.  The more frequent testing is teaching me to suffer I suppose.  I didn't get my new number yet, but my guess is just a tad up or down. 

Yoga beforehand was restorative, but man, it is soooo hard!!!  I love Andrea's yoga!  It's a hoot to watch my teammates try and get bendy...we are all so NOT bendy!  Except for our teacher of course! :) 

Tonight, compression tights, tomorrow DAY OFF...AGAIN!  Woot!  I may even try to squeeze a massage in there, or an ART appointment.  We shall see!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7.75

TrishM's Training Log

April 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance