High 87F
Low 68F

Sunday - April 17

Run
  • 2h 00m 01s
  • 12.10 miles
  • 09m 55s /Mi

from house in nasty winds

Tried to run at my Vdot long run pace....it's 10:09's but was a little fast.  Not much though.  I did the cadence drills as prescribed in the second half of the run.  Those felt surprisingly good.  Stupid bra bit me twice.  Moving Comfort really is NOT all that comfortable.  That's 3 bras of theirs that I'm having issue with.  Those things weren't cheap either.  :-<  Boys have it easy...no bras to deal with, and no shirt either if the weather cooperates...or you are Pdub. Lol!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7

Saturday - April 16

Run
  • 40m
  • 4.20 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

brick runs...first 5 min tempo, 2nd 5 ar

Bike
  • 1h 00m
  • 17.10 miles
  • 17.10 Mi/hr

brick ride 5 tempo, 5 ar, 5 tempo...straight to run

Woke up 4 times. :(  Eyes were puffy and sore this am.  :(  Don't know if my new mascara irritates them or not.  Could have been all the tearing up on the ride, but my left eye was sore a bit yesterday too. :(  Maybe the running nose and puffy eyes is allergies?  I've never had them before, but maybe? 

Good brick session.  Legs were a tad heavy this am even though I slept in my zoots.  But...after warming up they were happy to go at tempo on the bike and run.  :) 

Keeping my fingers crossed for calm winds for all my friends running the Glass City half and full marathon in the morning.  Especially for Ranger in his BQ attempt, and Miss Nell on her first full!!!  NO WIND!!!!  :)

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 7.5

Friday - April 15

Bike
  • 2h 20m 40s
  • 40.26 miles
  • 17.17 Mi/hr

Island lake, Kensington, Island lake.

Rode Fiona for the first time today on the road! :)  I was feeling speedy for the first couple miles... all aero on the new more aggressive rig...the 20mph tailwind didn't hurt though! Once again I've found that the hills at IL and Kensington have done training this winter too.  :)  Neck got tired about 2 hours into the ride.  My itb on the right was a tad grumpy and my periformus on the left was grumpy too! 

Mostly, I was grossing myself out with the sheer volume of snot I was creating (and rocketing and spitting!) so much so that I have a raw spot from my full finger gloves rubbing it off too hard...that and dealing with frozen feet.  Everything else was good...just the tootsies were numb from the wind.  Which was 23 mph and making white caps on the water at IL when I left.  Sooooo, yeah...I'm kinda feeling like a bad ass for riding today. :)  Hats off to Scribs for not letting me whine my way into a lab ride, and Ron for forbidding me to come back to the shop to ride.  He hooked me up with my new water bottle, pedals and showed me how to put on my rear zipp which luckily I won't have to make any adjustments to do myself.

My garmin is acting weird...the time on the run yesterday and this ride are different than the watch.  Less time which equals faster  for the distance here in BT than in Training peaks.  I wonder if it is showing elapsed time instead of actual.  I need to investigate. :) 

• Health data: Sleep: 4 Hours slept: 7.5

Thursday - April 14

Run
  • 1h 31m 18s
  • 9.50 miles
  • 09m 37s /Mi

at Kensington with Miss Trixie

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Wednesday - April 13

Swim
  • 1h 01m
  • 2350.00 meters
  • 02m 36s /100 meters

6x100 ar/en
6x75 swim,6+3,swim w/ fins :20 rest
3x400en,te w/:30 pull second set
100cd

Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 20.81 miles
  • 14.69 Mi/hr

30 wu
1x4:00 vox max
28 ar
ILD at ar for about 10:00 left, then both, right
5 ar

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 30m

30 minutes with Andrea at the lab pre ride...did that damn fire log pose (getting better at it though!)...owwww!

Swim went fine...met Kate and Terese, waited 20 minutes for a lane, then got to it.  It was a recovery type swim, and was good. 

Got lots of stuff done, food made and Brian picked up from track.  We had dinner then I went to the lab, got half of yoga in and started to spin.  After the first (and only) vo2max set, I had my weird heart rate palpitations.  A new pr...longest time with a rapid heartbeat. :( Booooo!  I didn't have the garmin on, but it was very elavated for about 15 minutes, then just high and finally calmed down completely about an hour and fifteen minutes after it started.  Total suckage.  I know it's related to perimentapausal bull shit.  I've been so happy to be sleeping through the night and not sweating and flashing myself awake of late.  This pisses me off, and I know there's nothing that can be done.  I've had them lying down, walking, running, sitting.  Thats why I just kept spinning.  I knew it would stop in it's own sweet time.  Just pissed that it took soooo long to settle down.  :( I've had the doc do ekg's just to make sure I don't have an underlying issue, so at least theres that.  Boooo!

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 6.5

Tuesday - April 12

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 5.31 miles
  • 11m 18s /Mi

10 wu
6x 2:00 tempo,1:00 walk,1:00 tempo,:30 walk, :30 tempo, 2:30 walk all at 6% incline
5cd

Strength
  • 15m

core work...as prescribed

Nom nom nom...hill repeats!  I don't like them, they are hard, but I got STRONGER today.  Yeah baby!

Dropped my better half off at the airport, went straight to the gym and got my run on.  No dreading, no waiting till 1 to finally get going.  I decided it was foolish to waste so much engergy avoiding something I'd end up doing anyhow.  I'll avoid laundry instead!  :)  It was hard, I was a sweaty mess, I rocked my skirt and BT RAWK SQUAD shirt, and I love getting stronger. 

The day is going to be productive...time to get things done!  Oh, and SUNSHINE is AWESOME!

• Health data: Sleep: 2 Hours slept: 6.5

Monday - April 11

Swim
  • 42m 34s
  • 1800.00 meters
  • 02m 22s /100 meters

400 ar/en
4x75 swim/mdps/swim 19,18,17,19
4x200 en on 4:15
4x50 vo2max on 1:15 52,51,51,53
100 cd

Bike
  • 1h 30m
  • 27.21 miles
  • 18.14 Mi/hr

25 wu
6x1:00 ild, 4:00 Tempo, 1:00 ild, 4:00 Tempo
5 cd

Finally got back in the pool.  Felt ok.  Now I know why I'm an endurance girl...sprints SUCK!  And I suck at them!

Tomorrow I drop Dave at the airport and track practice starts for Brian.  I'm going to be a busy single mom for the next week! 

• Health data: Sleep: 3 Hours slept: 7

TrishM's Training Log

April 2011 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Volume

Time
Distance